Cover Image: Finlay Donovan Knocks 'Em Dead

Finlay Donovan Knocks 'Em Dead

Thank you @minotaurbooks and @netgalley for the eARC in exchange for an honest review!

I adored FINLAY DONOVAN IS KILLING IT and I actually squealed with joy when I received the @netgalley approval email for FINLAY DONOVAN KNOCKS ‘EM DEAD. And then I got SUPER nervous that FDNEM wouldn’t be as good as FDIKI. Thankfully I was worried for nothing because FDKEM is just as hilarious and an equally wild ride!

@ellecosimano does a wonderful job of slowly peeling back the layers of the mysterious Vero that left me wanting to know even more about her past. And OMG the slow burn of Finlay and Nick *pants*. It’s SO good.

I won’t go into the plot as there are spoilers if you haven’t read the first one yet (and why haven’t you read this series yet?!) but it picks up immediately where the first book ends and sprints towards the conclusion. If I didn’t have any responsibilities, I would have definitely stayed up all night reading it!

And the ending definitely makes it seem like there is a third book in our future! YAYYYYY!!!

Have you read these? Are you Team Hot Cop (Nick) or Team Hot Lawyer (Julian)?

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/CY9cjMTJkdy/
Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/3999248151?book_show_action=false&from_review_page=1
I received this book from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

This book has its own genre- comedy thriller, so funny and a mystery at the same time. The part where Finlay was making out with her boytoy in the car while her ex- husband pulled up in the drive way had me snorting with laughter.
Oh my goodness what a fun ride!! There is just something so engrossing about Elle Cosimano’s writing. It was so easy to fly through it and I could see everything playing out in my minds eye. I was a little nervous about this being book #2 since sometimes they can’t do book 1 justice, but I am so happy to say this one did not disappoint! I can’t wait till book 3 now!
Also the romance in this one was so so good! I’m obsessed and I can’t wait to see more of that in book 3 as well!
I loved every minute of this and I’m so sad it’s over. I love Finlay, Vero and their wild adventures. I loved the elements of romance with Julian and Nick. I couldn’t stop listening and find out who put a hit on Steven. I’m really hoping the way this ended that we’ll get a third book. More Finlay Donovan please!!

I will update when I post to my bookstagram account.
Elle Cosimano has done it again! If you havn't read Finlay Donovan is Killing it (the first book in this series) you definitely need to do that! And then you need to grab this one as well because it's really good. This one takes place shortly after the first one ends and has Finlay back in the middle of some crazy situations.

Her and Vero are such an awesome duo. They somehow always manage to find themselves in troublesome situations that they need to get out of. The novel is fast paced, suspenseful and also quite funny! The humour is one of my favourite things about the writing. I hope there is more to come because I love following Finlay on these crazy journeys!
I loved this book just as much as the first book in the series. In Finlay Donovan Knocks ‘Em Dead,  readers get mystery, romance, and humor all in one amazing package!

Finlay and Vero are back and they get into some even crazier situations. Someone wants to kill Finlay’s ex-husband Steve. The mystery plot was interesting with Finlay and Vero  trying to figure out who is trying to kill Steve (and bending a few laws along the way).

I liked that there are a couple of love interests for Finlay because it really added to the richness of the story. I especially loved her interaction with hot cop Nick, particularly when she is bending the rules.

I am loving this series and I can’t wait to read more books about Finlay and Vero!  If you are looking for a book that is fun and entertaining, this is the book for you! Book: 5/5
First off - I adored the first installment in this series. Literally screamed about my love for the book from the rooftops, so this one had a lot to live up to.

While this wasn't my favorite book of all time, I still laughed A TON and was constantly rooting on Finlay and Vero from the sidelines. This series is begging to be turned into a TV show - it would be so fun to see who they would cast! I really loved Nick's role in this book. It was sweet to see his affection carried over from book 1. And just WAIT until you find out who is behind a of the mischief and mayhem - you won't see it coming from a mile away!

This is an easy, quick multi-genre read. My advice is to read the series close together ... I forgot a TON from book 1 so felt a little confused at where things picked up.
Finlay and the gang are back! Picking up where book one left off, Finlay has a lot on her plate: a book deadline looming, potty training, dating a younger man, and investigating who’s trying to murder her ex. Life is hard when you accidentally uncover a hit on your ex-husband’s life.

Fans of the first book will find a satisfying read that answers some questions while creating more. Finlay has a great cast of characters who love and support their lead. I can’t wait to get more glimpses into Vero.

With the plot playing out on the heels of book one, there is little room for character growth and development. It is similar to book one, but with less hesitance toward the crimes they’re committing. Overall it’s about Finlay getting further into a world of moral ambiguity with justifiable (to her) reasons.

I’m hoping there are more books that dive more into the characters developing and let Finlay confront the choices she’s making.
Book 6/52 in 2022: Finlay Donovan Knocks ‘Em Dead by @ellecosimano

ALL. THE. STARS. 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

This series. I read the first Finlay a year ago and it was a top read from 2021. I could not WAIT to pick up the second one, and it did not disappoint. Within the first few pages, I basically sighed to myself, “ahhhhh HI FRIENDS!!!” Finlay and her bestie Vero are my ride or die favorites forever and ever. The situations they wind up in are ridiculous and amazing and hilarious, and their friendship through it all gives me so much joy. This book is smart, witty, funny - just like the first book. I’m going to need the third one ASAP.

If you haven’t yet, go read Finlay Donovan is Killing It. Then get your hands on Finlay Donovan Knocks ‘Em Dead as soon as it publishes February 1st. Huge thanks to NetGalley for this ARC - I will absolutely be purchasing my own copy to reread whenever I need some joy in my life.
Finlay and Vero gets into heaps of trouble as they try to find out who put a hit on Finn's ex-husband.  I didn't think that this sequel could be as good as the first. But I WAS WRONG.  Elle Cosimano writes such perfectly flawed characters that you cannot help be enamored.  I often found myself gripping the edge of my seat.  I yelled at Finlay so many times that I had to put the book down for a break.  I wasn't even bothered by the love triangle and I loathe a love triangle.  Yea.....I was that invested.

Finlay Donovan is the amatuer detective / romance writer that we all need in our lives.  Read it.  Buy it.  Love it. I can't wait for the next.

#TeamJulian

Thank you Minotaur Books, St Martin's Press and NetGalley for the advance copy.
4.5 stars which I am happily rounding up to 5 for pure entertainment, laugh out loud moments.

Book 2 in the series is just as good and even a bit better as now I know what to expect from Finlay and Vero as they get themselves in and out of one mess after another.

Someone is out to kill Finlay's ex husband and she and Vero are out to stop them.

Can they figure out who?

The pages turned quickly as I laughed out loud and cheered on the ladies.

I will bail you if need be.

Elle Cosimano has continued to entertain us with mystery, murder and laughter.

Don't miss this series, put it on the top of your TBR pile for a refreshing read.

Can't wait to see the movie and read Book 3 .!!  Fingers crossed.

Thanks to NetGalley and St Martin's Press, Minotaur Books for  delightful read.
Name two things that don't usually belong together but for some reason work really well together: murder mysteries and witty humor. And that's exactly how I would describe Finlay Donovan. Reading the first FD book, I was so surprised at how much I was enjoying two completely different genres coming together. And I have to say, this second book was even more entertaining than the first! Finlay Donovan is a hot mess, but is the extremely relatable, genuine, and "untypical" heroine that we all should see more of!
I discovered Finlay Donovan last year on "bookstagram" - such a great read! The second Finlay Donovan is a delight - I read it while I was in isolation for Covid, and it was the perfect read. Fast paced, entertaining and laugh out loud moments!
Finlay, hot mess mom, is back with her tangle of friends and associations - from hot cops to student lawyers to the Russian mob. This novel is a fast paced, hilarious mystery of trying to figure out who wants to "off" her despicable ex-husband Steve. There are many, many twists and turns as Vero and Finlay try to solve the mystery, protect Steve, avoid the Russian mob, get the kids to school on time, and figure out why Julian's Instagram account is now private.
This is just such a fun read - I can't recommend it enough, even if this is not your typical genre. I hope there will be more of Finlay!
Thank you to Netgalley and Minotaur books for an ARC in exchange for review.
Review:
Thank you Netgalley for this ARC! I loved the 1st book and the 2nd did not disappoint! I think the 2nd was even better because I had a connection with the characters. It’s rare to find books that make me laugh out loud and try to plus clues together to solve a mystery. This was a fun quick read with an unpredictable resolution.

Synopsis:
Finlay Donovan is a single mom and romantic suspense author. She is trying to keep it together while raising two wild toddlers and meeting book deadlines. She has the help of her live in nanny Vero. When her ex-husband Steven’s name pops up on a hit list she doesn’t know what to do except she knows she has to stop it. The problem she finds out from a super secret womens online forum that has her name stamped all over it. She can’t go to the police, so she enlists the help of Vero. While they try to solve the case trouble continues to find them. Secrets are uncovered that shocks Finlay. Will she solve this crime and stay in one piece? Oh and the hot cop is back!
I really enjoyed Finlay Donovan is Killing It.  It was a five star read for me, so I may have come into the second book with expectations that were too big.

Finlay Donovan Knocks ‘Em Dead by Elle Cosimano is the second book in the Finlay series and this book had a different feel.

Some things never change, like Finlay unable to finish her book before the deadline, but she is trying her best to not get into any more sticky situations.  Until she realizes that someone wants her ex-husband, Steven killed.  She finds this information on a social media site and is immediately scared to leave the children with their dad.  Mix in the fact that Vero, the nanny, seems to be keeping something from Finley, Detective Nick Anthony seeming to want back in the picture and Finlay’s complicated romance with a younger man and you have a recipe for disaster.  How will Finlay manage everything that is going on in her life at the moment?

Thoughts:
-Another solid book from Elle Cosimano but it did not blow me away.
-I did not find this book to be as funny as the first
-I also felt that the characters of Finlay and Vero were not as likeable in this one.
-Overall a quick, light read that is enjoyable if you do not compare it to the first.

Thank you to NetGalley and St. Martin’s Press for this copy in exchange for an honest review.
What a great sequel! The author strikes the perfect balance of continuing Finlay's story from book one and introducing new hijinks.
Yaaay!  Thank you so much to #NetGalley and Minotaur Books for allowing me to continue on this journey with Finlay!  I don't want to give too much away until its released (in 2 weeks!) but this is a fantastic FANTASTIC follow up to Finlay Donovan is Killing it!
Her and Vero are back and once again I just adore ADORE their friendship.   If you read the first book in the series and loved it then this is a must read for you!
This is the second in a new mystery series that started last year.  Finley Donovan is a mystery writer.  She is also recently divorced with two little children.  Vero is her side-kick partner.  She is also her live in nanny and accountant.  While Finlay doesn't want her ex husband Steven back she becomes alarmed when learning someone is offering $100,000 for his death.  Unfortunately no one quite believes there is a contract killer on the loose.  Finley stumbles and bumbles her way causing as much mayhem as she uncovers.  The story is fun and easy reading.  It felt a little long at moments but I laughed more than once.  I think I will need another book or two before deciding to add the series to my must read list.  But I enjoyed this as would mystery fans.  Thank you NetGalley and St. Martin's Press for an eARC in exchange for an honest review.  (3.5 stars)
I swear, as much as I love Finlay Donovan, she gives me mad anxiety! This time Finlay is caught up in trying to figure out who contracted to kill her ex-husband Stephen. There are the usual shenanigans w/ Vero and of course while all this craziness is heppening, Finlay is supposed to get book pages to her agent, Sylvia. It’s madcap hilarity and action as Finlay hunts down the culprit! (And yes, there will most definitely be a third installment if that ending is any indication..)

Special thanks to NetGalley & the publisher for the e-arc of this engaging mystery.*
It was so much fun being back in Finlay Donovan’s world!
This second book picks up pretty soon after the last book ended, when Finlay receives a note letting her know someone wants her ex-husband dead.
She and Vero team up again to find out who’s out to get her husband (while doing her best to keep her kids safe), write her next book (while dodging calls from her agent), and juggle two potential romances (yes, the hot lawyer and hot cop are back!).
I think anyone who enjoyed the first book will like this one, too. It was the same sort of hilarious fun, with plenty of mystery for good measure. I can’t wait for the next one (🤞)!
Thank you to NetGalley and St. Martin’s Press, Minotaur Books for this e-ARC in exchange for an honest review.