Cover Image: Let's Talk Baby

Let's Talk Baby

This is such a great resource for parents who need scaffolding on how to help infants and toddlers develop their first sounds.  Each page has a simple watercolor painting of a whale family and the baby whale's actions.  The opposite page narrates in simple repetitive words what is happening.

This is perfect for speech-language therapists, parents, grandparents, and any caretaker who wants to help a young child develop language.  It is very clearly laid out, and even gives a preface of some of the first sounds infants are able to produce.

I highly recommend this book for anyone who works with babies, speech and language therapy, or in the early intervention realm.
This would make an excellent gift for all the new mums. I love the illustrations and all the words. Even though this will end up chewed all over, all the sounds from the baby will make it okay.
A sweet introduction to language for the latest of babies with the softest of colors. Perfect for starters!
This is great! The book has simple words (babbles) accompanied with giant illustrations of whales family. The illustrations are clear, colourful, and cute!

I particularly liked the tips for the parents (from a speech pathologist), e.g. "Gesture along as you talk (wave when saying "hi" or pretend to bring food to your mouth when saying "num num num").

Simple to use, can't wait to practice with my baby.
I loved this sweet little book.  We currently have a little one at home learning her words and this little babble book is perfect for engage her and get her pronouncing her new sounds and words.  Lovely colourful illustrations and just long enough also to keep a little girl engaged.  Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for an advance copy.
This beautifully illustrated book is filled with lots of tips for parents on how to speak to their children from the very beginning. This would be an excellent addition to any new parent's library. I greatly appreciate my ARC from NetGalley.
This book is aimed at young babies. It includes fun sound noises like "pop" and just a couple of super simple words. The artwork is cute and simple but the imagery was not varied enough to hold the interest of my toddler. My toddler is above the target age for the book though. A young baby under the age of 1 would likely be engaged enough by the content.

As a parent this was not a particularly fun book to read with my child. There isn't a story or rhyming. This is meant purely to introduce a few very simple words.

When my toddler was a baby I preferred reading him books with storylines. We had been gifted several small board books that introduced words and such where it was one word per page. As my child got a little older and started showing an interest in the writing and words I would let him play with those books and he would seek me out to find out what it said. So we did read through these types of books together as well and they do have their place in the development of a young child. This particular book has the benefit of being written by a pathologist which is pretty cool and there is a list of tips at the beginning of the book for teaching sounds and words to your child .

I just wish this had included some sort of simple story and had the few words interspersed as emphasis throughout. But, that is my personal preference and I know a lot of parents do prefer brevity so there is less to read out loud.

This is a 3 1/2 for me but I am rounding up because there is definitely a use for these types of books in very early development despite my own preferences.

#LetsTalkBaby #NetGalley
This was a really cute and to the point book about beginning sounds and noises babies should make. The illusion were really well done. I recommend this to anyone with a baby or even toddler.
*received for free from netgalley for honest review* Pretty cool idea for a book, baby books are never that much but i really like the idea of this book for sure
This was such a cute board book! The illustrations were great! I also really enjoyed the tips at the beginning about talking with your baby.
This is a great book that has baby language in it to make it easy to teach those first words to babies.
Let’s Talk, Baby is a fantastic tool for language learning with your baby. It is stimulating and an awesome way to get a head-start on speaking with your child. You can never start too early! The earlier they start learning language the more they will retain and better they will speak for the rest of their lives, so I am excited to add this to our collection of baby books. It was engaging, entertaining, and educational, both for baby and for parents!
I got an ARC of this book via NetGalley.

This was very easy and it was good. Since my kids are having a hard time reading even though they are already 11 and 7 years old.

The drawings were simple and easy to follow.
Adorable illustrations and fun simple words that captured my baby's attention. She enjoyed helping me "pop" the bubbles and participated in reading the book with me. I love how it is repetitive and short - it's the perfect length to keep my little one's attention. This book is a perfect way to introduce sounds and turn babbles into beginning words. Thank you to Netgalley for the ARC.
Stephanie Ciatti the author of Let's Talk Baby is a speech pathologist.  Personally I think why this book is awesome! The beginning of the book has tips for parents and caregivers.  The watercolor style illustrations are not visually over stimulating which is perfect before nap and bedtime.  This would make an excellent baby shower gift.
I loved how the simple (but cute!) graphics weren't overwhelming in their design, but they still had plenty of aspects to notice and point out to small children. I loved that the words were sounds that could be easily produced by an infant and were repeated and displayed in large print.

However, with these types of books that are meant to achieve a specific developmental objective in infants, I always wish there were instructions or suggestions to readers, who are not trained in speech pathology, that would allow for a more productive reading of the text. The book can be enjoyed without this type of reading, but I wonder what we could do to encourage those readers who would love to deliver this type of instruction while reading.
This was a very sweet book I was checking out for my friend who just had a new baby. It is a very cute book to help with evelopmental skills
I was given an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

This is a book for the very youngest of readers. I love the simplicity of both the illustrations and the language. And the fact that the baby whale snacks on gold fish. I feel like this is something that little ones will relate to.
This book offers adults the chance to encourage their baby’s verbal development by introducing simple sounds. This title begins with some advice for adults about how to help a child’s vocal development. These seem quite sensible and intuitive.

I am not a speech pathologist so cannot vouch for how well this book will do its job. I can say that it has adorable illustrations, repetition and simple sounds.

Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher. All opinions are my own.
Repetitive with  sweet illustrations that grabbed my daughters attention. Absolutely perfect for language development