Cover Image: Oddball

Oddball

Just like all of Sarah Andersen's books, it was brilliant. The amount of relatable content made me question why I don't choose to be myself more often. The book didn't just make me laugh and want to tell everyone about it. It also made me examine how I see myself as a creative person and an artist. It encouraged me to be weird even if no one else understands it. The other wonderful thing about this book is that you can finish it in one sitting. I highly recommend to anyone in need of a laugh and a cat-loving ear.
I'm familiar with Sarah Andersen's comics from Instagram and have always found them extremely relatable as an introvert and awkward person. I'm so glad her comics are compiled in one place because it was so fun to read through the book in one shot. It is full of laughs and relatable, meme-able comics. I'm convinced anyone over 10 years old could relate to her comics.
"The newest Sarah's Scribbles collection from New York Times bestselling author and Goodreads Choice award winner Sarah Andersen.

The fourth book in the enormously popular graphic novel series, the latest collection of Sarah's Scribbles comics explores the evils of procrastination, the trials of the creative process, the cuteness of kittens, and the beauty of not caring about your appearance as much as you did when you were younger. When it comes to humorous illustrations of the awkwardness and hilarity of millennial life, Sarah's Scribbles is without peer."

I love Sarah Scribbles so much that yes, I did help her win that Goodreads Choice award. There was no competition!
Classic Sarah Anderson fun! Oddballl is so relatable and keeps me smiling throughout the whole book.
I love the way Sarah interprets life through her art. You can count on her to just be real. You can also count on her being incredibly quirky about life and manic about kittens! Her sense of humor definitely shines in Oddball. If you've read any of her other books, you'll like this one. If you haven't, what are you waiting for?
I would like to thank netgalley and Andrews McMeel Publishing for a free copy of the book in exchange for an review.

Delightful as always.
This is the fourth Sarah's Scribbles book by Sarah Anderson. I had previously read the first book, Adulthood Is a Myth, and enjoyed it so I thought I'd give this a read. While I haven't read books 2 and 3, since they are all collections of standalone comics this book can be read if you haven't read any of the other books in the series.

I found some of the comics really relatable, especially all of the ones about being a cat owner. All of the cat related ones were especially funny to me.

The comics are simple and fun, and I definitely want to go back and read the second and third installments in the series.

rating: 3.5/5
Oddball is another volume of Sarah's Scribbles comic strips in book form. Like the other 3 volumes, this one features comics about cats, introversion, witches, cats as created by the devil, women's clothing, cats as dangerous traps and the differences in perspective of generations. Sarah got really into frogs during the writing of these strips.

A short, but nice and amusing read, if anything I'm disappointed not to know what the sticker set included.
What I liked:
- Sarah's Scribbles are adorable and so relatable
- This is a quick read to lift your spirits
- This book really leans into the cat lady thing, which I heartily identify with

What I didn't like:
- There are actually a couple panels where I didn't quite get the joke, which clearly means I'm an "old" or not as much of an oddball as I thought!

Many thanks to the publisher and NetGalley for my advance digital copy.
This is the first time I've picked up a Sarah Anderson compilation, as opposed to just seeing random comics online. Oddball is amazing, I related to ALMOST EVERY SINGLE comic featured.  This book covers some of my favorite things ever: Millennials. Black Cats. Witches. Procrastination. They had me laughing so hard while looking in the mirror thinking "But how did she know....".

The fact that the physical copy includes stickers means I'm 110% in.
Gracias Netgalley por el envío de una copia avanzada del libro a cambio de una reseña honesta.

Sarah Andersen nunca me decepciona. Con esta entrega confirmé nuevamente por qué amo sus comics. Y es que son tan frescos y llenos de escenas cotidianas con las que me siento muy identificada. ¡Ideal para pasar el rato y despejar la mente!
Classic Sarah's Scribbles with loads of social commentary, bringing out the silliness of our human interactions, whether it's dealing with anxiety, existential spirals, overthinking, or fandom/meme culture. Having enjoyed her previous collections, I think this may be my favorite. Sarah has a talent for simplifying these moments to put a comical POV on blast. I had to laugh at myself along the way because I've been in similar situations, but it's so nice to know I'm not alone. Sharp and humorous observations in Sarah's classic simple illustration style.
Another funny, relatable collection of Sarah Scribbles comics. Feline fans will especially enjoy this newest volume. Much thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for my advance review copy!
A funny little vignette book, "Oddball" is a great for anyone who wants to have a little break from their everyday life with one page stories full of quirkiness, odd humor, silly moments and cats. Andersen does a good job in making almost all of the jokes work, but, after having gone through some of this kind of simple-drawing, no-plot, silly-jokes kind of comics, I can't but feel that there is nothing here to make it stand out of the crowd. I am not going to call it lazy (even if I have seen some of the jokes before) but the sense of déjà vu is strong in this one.

The drawing style is simple, stick style, with little details, just there for the punchline, the delivery of the joke. It fulfills its purpose, but, as with many others of this kind of comics, it can also be said that it is too simple.

It is an easy to like read, and however you read it (one story at a time, or going through it all in one go) you will probably not regret it. But I just hope Andersen tries harder with the stories next time.
Oddball: A Sarah's Scribbles Collection by Sarah Andersen is currently scheduled for release on October 12 2021. This is the fourth book in this graphic novel series. This particular collection of Sarah's Scribbles comics explores the evils of procrastination, the trials of the creative process, the cuteness of kittens, and the beauty of not caring about your appearance as much as you did when you were younger. When it comes to humorous illustrations of the awkwardness and hilarity of millennial life, Sarah's Scribbles is without peer.

Oddball is exactly what fans of the artist will be looking for from this book. Her art style and humor is consistent and enjoyable. The perils of living as an artist, introvert, or anxious individual are portrayed well, and in ways most of us that fall into those categories can relate to. While some of the pages were familiar to me, since I follow the artist on social media, others were new. The humor is relatable on several levels, even if some of the generational jokes pretty much ignored the existence of generation x- but everyone does. I think fans will want to pick this up, or at least give it a read through.

Oddball is not the first I have read from this collection, and hopefully it will not be the last. It offers humor and self awareness to all the socially awkward, anxious, and otherwise odd feeling introverts trying to survive day to day life.
Sarah Anderson does not disappoint with this next great graphic novel, Oddball will charm fans of her earlier work.
Sarah Andersen's drawing style is simple but whimsical and fun. It is just very easy to understand and relate to the situations she draws. She had me laughing out loud a couple of times. This isn't my favorite collection by Sarah, but it did keep me entertained until the end. There were a couple of times I didn't get what she was trying to tell, but that is more because I am not fully plugged in to what is currently going on in the world. Overall, this was another fun and entertaining collection, and I look forward to seeing more.
I love Sarah’s work - so funny and relatable! This book didn’t disappoint. I only wish it had been longer!

<i>Thanks to NetGalley for a free ARC in exchange for an honest review.</i>
I have read and loved all three of Sarah's previous books, so it was pretty much a given that I'd love this one too. I loved that she touched a bit on quarantine and what 2020/2021 have been like, but without making the entire book about the pandemic. The pages are filled with similar commentary on the experiences of an artist, a cat owner, an introvert and just a human being in general. Sarah's books are auto-reads for me and I cannot WAIT to see what she comes up with next!
This was perfect! And so relatable 😂 I love these memes when they pop up on Insta so reading a compilation of them was just the best!