Cover Image: Meet Me in Madrid - PREVIEW

Meet Me in Madrid - PREVIEW

Very intrigued so far! Seems like the type of book I would typically read and I would definitely purchase the book once released. Cant wait to finish it!
I loved this preview,  and I am so excited to read the rest of the book.. I'm half Spanish and I'm excited about the place where the story takes place.
Thank you to NetGalley and Carina Adores for the chance to read a preview of this book!

This opening had a strong sense of place and descriptions of travel, which others might find evocative but just made me profoundly sad and wistful at this particular point in time and place. I would love to read this to *relive* a trip to Europe but right now it just reminds me of what I wish I could be doing!
I was interested in this book for a couple of reasons. One, I do like reading f/f and having these cute sapphic rom-coms become more prevalent is great. Two, I lived in Madrid for a couple of years, so I was curious to see how it was represented.

In just the four chapters, the author manages to give the reader a lot of information about the two leads which is necessary since they are operating on this knowledge of knowing each other in college. As someone who's not always the best at remembering names in stories, I caught on pretty quickly to who the information was describing.. I think the author does a great job of doling out some of the details and backstory to "catch" the reader up to where Charlotte and Adrianna are meeting.

I can see the sparks between them, but look forward to when they're both more comfortable around each other. In the preview, it's Charlotte and Adrianna meeting up for the first time in a couple of years and the attraction is there, but tinged with some nervousness, understandably.

This looks to be a very cute book and I can't wait to see how the story turns out!
The story is intriguing and I can’t wait to read the rest of the book!
At the beginning it was a little bit confusing for me, but I love how they reconnected quickly.
I chose this book because I’ve already visited madrid and loved it!
This was my first time reading Verity Lowell, and I'm so glad I could get a sneak peek into her next book, Meet Me in Madrid!

I love a good second chance romance story, and this book does not disappoint! It's fast-paced, which I love. We see Adrianna and Charlotte reconnect right off the bat. Wine and a snowstorm ensue, leaving them with the only obvious option-- get snowed in together.

While the romance aspect of this book is perfectly steamy, Lowell also fits in topics around race and sexism without it seeming weirdly out of place. It was actually a breath of fresh air!

I'm so happy I was able to get a preview of this novel, and I can't wait to read where Adrianna and Charlotte left off!
I was really intrigued when I saw the title for this book, so I jumped at the chance to read a preview of it. I really like these two characters, Charlotte and Adrianna. I like their sophistication, their lives in the art world, and how they connect on an intellectual level and emotional level as well as the physical. I also really liked the idea of Charlotte being trapped in Madrid because of the snowstorm but not having anywhere to stay. But I didn't really get to experience much of the city in these first chapters. I am hoping to get to experience more of Madrid in the rest of the book. But I really enjoyed this, and I can't wait to read the rest! Thanks!
This was an amazing preview and I am so excited to read the rest of the book! Both characters are wonderful and as someone who has lived in Spain before, I love the setting!
Note, it's only a preview!
So, as a preview or short story, I really enjoyed it. However I can't say how the book will play out as all the excitement and was already in the first few preview chapters and now I can't see what could still happen.
They found eachother and I was surprised it was so quick.
The end of the preview could actually be the end of a short story
Thank you netgalley for providing an ARC in exchange for a review

I received the first 4 chapters, and I cannot wait to get to discover the rest !

A love story between two women in academia, stuck in Madrid ? yes please.

While I'm usually not a fan of the student/teacher (TA at uni here) trope, here we have 2 characters who used to be in this situation, but meet again years later, as fully grown adults, which makes it easier and better !

But this is not only a love story, it's also a story about two queer women of color in academia, and how their identities impact their lives.

This is steamy and spicy, so if this is not your cup of tea, be careful !
This preview was so good! I can't wait for this book to release so I can read the whole story. I really want to start getting into more Sapphic books and this was a great start. I love that this book was set in Madrid. As someone who has visited Madrid I felt like I was back there. The author did a great job setting the setting and making you feel like you're in Madrid. I loved the characters I can't wait to read the whole book and see how their relationship continues to grow and develop.
Thank you to Netgalley for giving me the opportunity to read the first 4 chapters of this book! This book is off to a great start with 2 intelligent and mature women who aren't afraid to go after what they want. I liked their chemistry and am excited to read more about their stories. I also liked that this book talked about race and the sexism that women experience. Can't wait to read the rest of this book when it comes out!
Thank you, NetGalley for letting me read the first chapters of this fun, sexy and romantic story! I really enjoyed reading the chapters and I can say from the start that we have 2 strong female leads. They are both so loveable, and I sense great character development in the following chapters. I can not wait to read the rest of the book!
The first four chapters have definitely hooked my interest in this book. I liked Charlotte and Adrianna, and appreciated that they were both queer women of colour since many of the sapphic books I read still feature predominantly white characters. I'll be curious to see what happens in the rest of the book!
I am so excited to read the rest of the book. the 4 chapters I did read where so cute. the writing style is so nice and I love it. this is def a summer read.
'Meet Me in Madrid' is sure to be a new favorite of mine. Just from reading the first four chapters and being introduced to the main characters, you can tell that Verity Lowell has done an excellent job of blending social issues with an adorable sapphic romance in a contemporary setting. I'm so excited, and truly can't wait for October to roll around!
This is really promising! Both of the characters are likable, and although they work in very similar fields, the author has given them distinct lives, and thus distinct personalities and voices. The work that they do is somewhat interesting, to me at least. They have a believable chemistry, and I like their shared history. Looking forward to reading the rest of this!
This preview was a wonderful taste of this sweet and spicy romance. The characters are dynamic and interesting. I loved reading about two mature women who are academics, both feeling like they wish they had accomplished more but seeming to the other like they have everything they could have dreamed of. In these first four chapters we get a wonderful introduction to their history together and the new opportunity their reunion presents them. Definitely going to be picking this one up when it comes out!
I had preordered this book already and was really happy to see this preview. I enjoyed the set-up and the writing style.  The characters seem interesting and I can’t wait to get to know them more.
I‘m definitely looking forward to reading the rest of the book!
I wish I had the full book, but I appreciated this little snippet of Meet Me in Madrid. I love strong female characters and books that do not shy away from controversial, important topics. LET ME TELL YOU THIS ONE IS STEAMY! Thank you to NetGalley and HARLEQUIN - Carina Press, Carina Press (Carina Adores) for a copy of this book for an honest review.