Cover Image: Bug Book for Kids

Bug Book for Kids

This is a great book for kids fun coloring pages filled with fun facts on many different kinds of insects and more!
Do I like bugs? HECK YES I DO! (*within reason, of course)

This surprisingly informative and interactive book of bugs will be a great addition to any lesson plans coordinating with nature. It would be fun to have a focus on the anatomy of bugs and use the coloring pages of this to name a body part (wing, abdomen, etc) and have the kiddo color it in....or go over the body parts together with the same color for each part as a way to learn them! (I have so many ideas, clearly!)

I would say that the coloring pages are pretty elementary, but there are some larger and more complex words thrown in that would be suited for an older audience- it's kind of off balance in my opinion, the coloring pages/illustrations compared the the education level needed to fully comprehend the facts presented. I liked that while there was a fact presented about each bug, it was usually a pretty cool one OR it was followed up by something relatable (ie: an ant can carry more than 20x its own weight.....if a kid were that strong, they'd be able to carry a car!)---so, while learning that an ant is a BEAST and can move things that are larger than it, we are then given EXACTLY HOW much 20x may relate to US. (I don't know about you, but I wouldn't have been able to approximate a 20x scale).

Overall a good read, would recommend that the illustrations match up better with the education level needed to understand some of the book but it is still interactive and a wonderful educational book.
NOW, LETS COLOR!
Bug Book for Kids features lot of bugs, with plenty of room to color them in. I really enjoyed all the bug facts peppered in. There are lots of varieties of bugs.
I had already read a coloring book by this author so I bought I’d take a chance with this one. In a way, you can see a lot of improvement. There aren’t that many grammar errors (though a few still snuck in there) and the descriptions were a bit more detailed. Children who love bugs would find joy here.
This is an awesome, informational coloring book! My daughter loves the realistic coloring pages and the bugs!! SO fun.  :)

Thank you to netgalley for the ARC of this coloring book.
Thank you to the publisher and NetGalley for this ARC in exchange for an honest review!

Bug Book for Kids by Katie Henries-Meisner is an amazing activity book for children who can't get enough of bugs.  Alongside educational texts written at an appropriate level, the book includes many pages of coloring activities.  According to the description, "Children will have fun coloring the bugs, learning about them (including the difference between bugs and insects), and becoming backyard bug experts."

Overall, Bug Book for Kids is the perfect gift for the future entomologist or bug-lover in your life.  One highlight of this book is the amount of detail and research that went into this book.  Another highlight of this book is how much thought and time went into creating each of the coloring activities.  This book is well-thought-out and will definitely satisfy a child wanting to learn more about bugs.  If you're intrigued by the description, I highly recommend this book, which is available now!
The illustrations are clear and simple. Each insect, bug, or arachnid drawn is accompanied with a short set of facts.
Pros: One of my favorite three year olds is OBSESSED with bugs. She is also very into coloring, so I think she'd love to color this book about bugs. I love that there are fun facts included so children (with the help of an older reader if necessary) can learn more about the creatures they are coloring. I can see preschool and young elementary school classes using these pages as coloring sheets when learning about insects.

Cons: None that I can think of.

Thank you to NetGalley and Zeitgeist, Z Kids for the opportunity to read this book!
This is a cute little coloring book, and something my toddlers would enjoy.  I’d personally prefer that there be a little more information about the bugs, my kids are insatiable when it comes to information like that.  The coloring pictures are bold and simple, which is great for toddlers and preschoolers.  My kids would really enjoy this book.0
My 5 year old is obsessed with learning about bugs and wants to be a "nature scientist" when she grows up. Of course she loved this coloring book and had so much fun coloring her old favorites and learning about new bugs!
I really liked the coloring pages in this book and the information that was with it! It was great to show my daughter and have her understand some of the bug life cycles! This would be a great teacher resource as well!
It was a fun little book, and pretty cool; even if it wasn’t quite what I was expecting. Fun to color, and contained lots of interesting facts to entertain the reader.
Using this with my students when we have a unit study on insects. Such a cool book!! Can't wait to see how they react to seeing these pictures!
This was a fun coloring book. I love that it taught you while you colored, which is a great idea because it keeps the hands occupied and the mind open to learning.
I loved this book as a person who was once seriously interested in bugs as a child, funny how that changes as an adult...

I enjoyed how this book is not only a coloring book but it also provides fun facts within the world entomology. I only wish there was more focus on bees due to their importance on this planet and their rapid increase in endangerment.

I could have done without the centipede but that is only because well...they are creepy and the fact that a child or adult has to color in 100 legs...no thank you. No i did not check to see if there were in fact 100 little individual legs.

This was super fun and would be excellent for any children!
Thank you NetGalley, Katie Henries-Meisner and Zeitgeist, Z Kids for the copy of Bug Book for Kids. This is my personal review.
This was a great book for any child interested in backyard bugs. The information was just the right amount for them to learn more about bugs. The were given in a very simple and interesting way. The coloring  pages were fun and added to the learning.
This coloring learning book will make a great gift for any child.
A beautiful book that little explorers need when they are out in the garden, the fun of coloring and knowledge combine to make the book the perfect choice for their leisure time.  It can be included within the simplification of science also.
You may think that bugs are an unusual theme for a colouring book for kids. Well... my 3-year-old daughter is crazy about spiders, ants and all sorts of crawly creatures in the garden. She will love this book with all the fun facts about these animals. (I do hope we don't have scorpions in the backyard though...)

Thanks for NetGalley and Zeitgeist/Penguin Random House for this Advance Reading Copy. It was fun!
Bug Book for kids is a fun and informative coloring book that focuses on backyard bugs. This book is great for backyard explorers and children who are interested in bugs/nature. Each bug illustration is accompanied by a page of facts pertaining to the bug. These facts are simple and interesting, things that children will be able to easily remember. The illustrations are simple, but detailed and they will be great coloring sheets for children of all ages. The trading cards at the back of the book are another cool feature.

Thank you to NetGalley for an eARC of this book.