Cover Image: The Little Christmas House

The Little Christmas House

Thank you to the publisher for my review copy. All opinions are my own.

What a cute little story. If I’m being honest, it is a story we have all heard before. Wife leaves husband and daughter. They move to a new town. Meets the local teacher and the attraction is immediate.

Let me tell you what stood out for me.

•Three perspectives. The daughter is the third and ohmygosh…I loved it.
•Quaint little cottage in the English countryside. Ummm, yes please.
•There was no huge rush to the physical stuff. It was refreshingly pure. I would have recommended it to my grandma.

Overall. Sweet, sweet story. Glad it made it to my December reading ♥️.
I was recommended this book by a friend who knew it would be right up my street, from start to finish I was invested in this story and I absolutely loved it.

I want a Christmas tree house!!
Christmas isn't always easy for everyone, especially if your life has been turned upside down by an unfaithful partner.  Teacher Holly Hanwell is determined to put on the annual school Christmas pageant and then spend Christmas alone.  Divorced single dad Edward just wants to make it a good Christmas for his young daughter after a few bad years.  Loved this book:  great location, likeable characters, cute kids and a satisfying storyline about being open to finding love again.
I don’t think this book was for me. I started and stopped several times and just didn’t enjoy it in the least. I love Christmas romances but some just miss the mark
When Eliza walks into Holly's primary grade classroom, Holly sees something special yet hidden about the child. Although Holly is unable to have children of her own (to which her jerk of a boyfriend objected!), her love and dedication to children comes through in her teaching. Eliza and her dad Edward have recently moved to the small village of Hopley, and they are hard at work fixing up their house and getting used to their new home. But will Edward's celebrity ex-wife ruin things for them?

Readers will want to cheer for Holly, Eliza, and Edward as they all come to terms with past disappointments and move on to forge new lives and friendships. The characters are likeable and realistic, and the plot moves along to keep readers interested. This is a clean and sweet romance which can be enjoyed at the Christmas season or any time.

I received this novel from the publisher and from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. The opinions expressed here are entirely my own.
Such a lovely book.  I was unable to put it down and finished it in less than 24 hours.  Love, heartache, family, and friendship are all wrapped up in this perfect package of a book.  A must read to get your holiday started.
I really enjoyed this Christmas novel. I really liked this story. This is a different story to what I imanged but u enjoyed it nevertheless.
This is a gorgeous festive novel that follows three characters – Holly the school teacher who is recovering from having her heart broken earlier in the year; Edward who has just bought Christmas house and is trying to find his feet; and Edward’s fabulous 8-year-old daughter Eliza who is in Holly’s class at school. I loved this novel, it’s a gorgeous read about recovering when the rug is pulled out from under you, about discovering that there are still kind people in the world and learning that you can begin again. I love Eliza and her perceptiveness, and I loved reading all about the goings on at school – especially with the school play. This is such a lovely read and I highly recommend it!
I gorgeously uplifting feel good book. Filled with tonnes of Christmas spirit and joy, a sweeping romance, fantastic characters and a wonderful storyline. This book is perfect for the festive period.
This book is perfect for dropping in and out of. A little bit of escapism at a stressful time of the year. Really enjoyed this book and I look forward to finding out what happens to the characters.
When it comes to the holidays, I want an excessive amount of cosiness and warmth, and The Little Christmas House more than delivers! I loved that a lot of this story is centred around a holiday play- I feel like they play a big role in a lot of our childhood Christmases, and it definitely brought on feelings of nostalgia. I also loved that there were alternating POVs for Holly, Edward, and Eliza; it was refreshing to get a child's POV, and definitely made for a more unique holiday story.
The Little Christmas House is a really gorgeous read.
Holly and Edward are both well crafted substantial characters and the story line was engrossing and moreish!
Highly recommended for a story to curl up with
Recently divorced Holly is facing Christmas by herself.  But not before putting on the best nativity her school has ever seen. When she meets Edward, the Dad of one of her new students, they become fast friends. But will Christmas bring them closer. Or will Edwards secret drive a wedge between them?

This was a delightful festive story.
I really enjoyed this lovely story. Nice and Christmassy with some really engaging characters whose stories I really got into
Thanks to Netgalley and the publisher for a free ARC of this book. I have chosen to write this honest review voluntarily.
This is the first book I have read by this author. The descriptions of the village setting are very good, it sounds a lovely place to live! I liked the characters (apart from Cressida) and loved the build-up to the school Christmas play. The relationships between friends and families are predictable but this only emphasises the feel good factor of this pleasant tale. I would have preferred less use of words such as c**p, s**t and G*d as they appeared in this book but I realise that this is common in many modern books and is acceptable to most readers.
This is a very enjoyable read, particularly at Christmas -time.
Although The Little Christmas House is billed as a romance, I found the romance to be secondary, a small part of the story. What I loved about this story is the family bonding, dealing with changes in their lives and friendship. When Edward and his eight year old daughter Eliza, need a new start they move to the village of Hopely. They buy Christmas House, a rambling home that borders the woods and has not been updated or taken care of for years. They move in and have so much to do, but they are together and make the most of it. Holly Hanwell is Eliza's teacher. I loved Holly. The way she cared about her students, observed them and did everything she could to tap into their interests and strengths. She knew there was something in Eliza's past, but not what had happened to make her so quiet and withdrawn. When Holly meets up with Edward and he shares their past, she is adamant to help Eliza come out of her shell. Holly is dealing with her own issues and trying to start over as well. Can these two help each other have a new beginning this Christmas.

I loved all the characters in this story, except Eliza's mom, but that is all I am going to say about her. Auntie Pat or Mrs. D, Eliza's carer and housekeeper is a bit like Mary Poppins. I loved how she took care of both Eliza and Edward. Edward's mother had her moments when I wanted to slap her, but she redeems herself. With all Eliza has gone through in her short life, she is a pretty well adjusted child and she made me smile many times. The story is told from the POV of Eliza, Edward and Holly in alternating chapters. I enjoyed hearing the story from their perspectives. Overall, this was a delightful, uplifting Christmas story. A story of three souls starting life afresh looking for happiness and maybe even love at Christmas. It is a perfect book to read by the fire sipping hot chocolate or mulled wine.
Hit me right in the middle of single parenting, but made me feel understood and acknowledge. I've been right there, in the same spot that the main character was. Not fun, not easy, but not impossible. I have so much to write about but will try to wrap it up in a few words: Please, no matter your gender, just be you, just live, just accept and love who you are.
A new start, a new house and new adventures. This is a lovely book and a real curl up to read novel, I really enjoyed this and I am sure you will too.. I recommend reading this to find out what happens, twists and turns along the way. 5 stars

Thanks to Netgalley and publisher for this e ARC
The Little Christmas House
By Tracy Rees
Bookouture, 22 October 2021

I’m usually not much for romance books, but I was pleasantly surprised by this cozy love story. Told from three different viewpoints, this book is a charming, hopeful, feel-good story, and is a perfect Christmas read.

Welcome to the quaint village of Hopley, where there is an old house at the edge of town called the Christmas House. The house is actually a character in this story, which is one of the things I loved about this book. In Hopley, Holly is still recovering from an unexpected, major life change; Edward and his young daughter Eliza are adjusting to their new life in Hopley and love their new home known locally as the Christmas House. And, not surprisingly, it’s almost Christmas.

Though Holly and Edward are facing different life challenges, they begin for form a friendship via Eliza and hot chocolate. Will their problems stand in the way of potential romance? Or can they both overcome their pasts and find hope for a future together?

I loved this little book and am looking forward to reading the other books set in Hopley village. Join Holly and Edward with a cup of hot chocolate or mulled cider. You’ll be glad you did.

Thanks to NetGalley and Bookouture for the free ARC in exchange for an honest review.
Such a  festive, sweet romance!
I’ve heard wonderful things about Tracy’s writing. It was great getting the opportunity to read this one thanks to  #TeamBookouture.
Both recovering from heartbreak and hesitant to move on, Holly & Edward’s journey after meeting, proves to possibly be a fresh start for both. I love this book that left me warm and fuzzy with a Hallmark movie vibe. This is one that’s a sure way to get you ready for the season!

Thank you, Tracy Rees, Bookouture & NetGalley for my early copy to read & honestly review!