Cover Image: 12 Rose Street

12 Rose Street

I had the opportunity to listen to 12 Rose Street and was a bit concerned jumping into a series already in progress. I was pleasantly surprised at how accessible this stood as a stand-alone novel. Please note content warnings for domestic violence, sexual violence, and violence against children.

12 Rose Street is  intense, suspenseful, and engaging. It is thrilling, at times quite disturbing, and very twisty. The audiobook narrator brought this nicely written mystery to life. I think I just may need to get into the full Joanne Kilbourn Mystery series!

Thank you to NetGalley, the author, the narrator, and publisher for the opportunity to listen to this audiobook. The opinions in this review are entirely my own.

#12RoseStreet
#audiobook
#BookReview
#WhatShouldIReadNext
#Bookstagram
This is a story that focuses on relationships between family, friends, and professionals. When you add in the competitive and dirty nature of politics, betrayals and past secrets, what you get is a fascinating mystery. That’s exactly what Gail Bowen gives us with 12 Rose Street I listened to the audiobook of 12 Rose Street, and the narration was superb.

Many thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for providing me with the opportunity to read and review this book.
I received an audiobook version of this book for review.

I enjoyed the book. The writing was nice. The story was kind of a mash-up and lost my attention at times. Decent read.
12 Rose Street - Gail Bowen
Narrated by Athena Karkanis

I received an advance review copy for free thanks to NetGalley and ECW Press Audio and I am leaving this review voluntarily

Joanne's husband Zack is the leading progressive candidate in a neck-and-neck race, with the existing mayor, for Regina's top job. The tough campaigning is well underway when a disturbing threat disrupts the celebration for the opening of the Racette-Hunter Centre -- a project Zack has been spearheading, intended to benefit the impoverished community of North Central Regina. Joanne soon realizes that sinister interests are working behind the scenes of the election, and another savage act makes clear that someone will stop at nothing to maintain the status quo.

This is the second book I have read in the series and this was read as more of a stand-alone than as part of a series. This is a well-written thought provoking novel containing difficult topics such as; miscarriage, poverty and social justice.

An emotional and gripping read that I would highly recommend.

Rating 4/5