Cover Image: On a Night Like This

On a Night Like This

Lindsey Kelk's writing is phenomenal! I just wish there was more to the book to give me a little something that was missing. I can't put my finger all the way on it.
After receiving a copy of Lindsey Kelks “In Case You Missed It” back in 2020, I couldn’t wait to get my eyes on her next story! On a Night Like This did not disappoint and I can never turn down a rom-com Cinderella like story!!
This was a fun g-rated romance chick lit book. It was well written and made you want to continue reading it. It made the character think, which in turn made the reader think.
Such a sweet Cinderella retelling. Absolutely loved it. Thank you so much NetGalley for a copy of this! Out now!
Thank you Netgalley and the Publisher for my ARC in exchange for my honest review. This was an enjoyable book.
This book was so cute! I love a good fairy tale that leaves me feeling warm and fuzzy. If you want something light and fluffy, to bring you sunshine on a cloudy day this is the book.
I wanted more! Every time it got good I feel like it ended too quickly... I really loved the MC but unfortunately it fell flat for me
I LOVE retellings and this modern retelling of Cinderella is no different. Fran is quirky and interesting and I really liked Evan; rags-to-riches is always fun to read, but I do feel like this one was stagnant at times, though mostly charming. I could very easily see this being turned into a Netflix movie and I'd totally watch it. While this isn't something I'd necessarily consider adding to my Retellings Unit in class, this is definitely something I'd recommend to my seniors as something fun to read on their own time.
This book was such a gem and thankfully pulled me out of my reading slump. I haven’t seen much about this book, but I would definitely recommend you add to your TBR.

This was such a cute and fun story with some depth to it as well. The settings were gorgeous and I felt like I was watching a movie in my head. The parts on the yacht definitely gave me Below Deck vibes. 😍

I’m a sucker for a cute romance, and this did not disappoint.
Typical beautiful story by Lindsey Kelk. One night to get to know each other, one night of no last names. Beautiful and funny this night of mystery as Fran and Evan get to know the beat of each other while trying so hard not to fall. I’d read this over and over because it makes you feel good. Definitely recommend!
such a great love story! I really enjoyed Lindsey Kelk's writing and would certainly pick up another novel by her!
It was cute and Kelk is a good writer but there were SO many incredibly far fetched plot lines. I felt like the first half (her & Juliette) was much stronger and closer to 4 stars, then the second half (the ball & her time with Evan) I found to be weaker and closer to 2 stars. I'm starting to feel like maybe I've outgrown Kelk as I think I would have enjoyed this book a little more a decade & a hundred chick lit books ago.
A very fun sweet Cinderella retelling in modern day. No last names, no backgrounds - just living and loving in the moment. It of course backfires but it's a sweet story.
What a delightful read. I have been in the mood for light, romance centric books and this fit the bill. Fran is a bit in a rut with her life and boyfriend, but when she takes a temp job as a temp assistant for a famous singer her life changes completely. I would have loved if she met the romantic interest sooner in the book, but this story was really about Fran coming face to face with her life, determining what she wants and going for it. Loved her independent spirit. Was it overly realistic in any way? No. But was it a fun ride? Absolutely. I could have done with less swearing, but overall enjoyed this story.
This was so delightful!

I just adored Fran! I loved getting to know her as she explored herself. She was charming and delightful and I loved how she approached challenges head on.

I would say this is not a super romance-y romance, the love interest comes in very late in the story but I would say it is a self love story. I think that could turn some off but it was just so easy and light that I was enthralled and did not want to stop reading.

So funny and sweet- I would definitely check out more Lindsey Kelk in the future.

Thank you NetGalley and Harper for the ARC.
So good!

This was such a great rom-com! I loved every second of this book! The romance was cute and fun and all-around charming. I loved Fran and getting to read along as she discovered more about what she truly wanted. Though this book was an insta love I was still fairly entertained throughout. Overall I liked this book; it gave me Cinderella vibes for sure!
This was an enjoyable read. Nothing insanely good about it but I enjoyed it and kept with it until the end.
This book was very sweet, but also very slow. I would characterize this as WOMEN'S FICTION rather than ROMANCE.  The male lead doesn't even make an appearance until more than halfway through the book. So even though this was a quick read and a fun premise, it wasn't really what I was looking for and the pacing was much too slow.
Fran's fiance might be cheating on her, and she's working crap temp jobs. Her life isn't going anywhere so Fran decides to take a one week top secret job that pays a tonne of money. So, when she becomes a PA to a celebrity, she has her hands full.

Gatecrashing the most exclusive party of the year, she meets Evan. The catch? No last names, no personal info exchanged. Just enjoy the night, and speak freely, no strings attached.

This was a Cinderella story done right with plenty of laughs and some swoon worthy moments.

Thanks Netgalley for the ARC!
On a Night Like This is such a fun, light and humorous read.

I enjoyed how the book was broken up into two chunks -- one with Juliette and the other with Evan.
I thought Kelk had a phenomenal way of making Fran extremely down-to-earth and lovable.

I thought this was a great take on a cinderella story!