Cover Image: Beautiful

Beautiful

This book was so good  A 22 yr old girl who was  one of the top models finds herself at an airport that suiside bombers blow up killing quite a few people, including 2 people she holds dear.  After months and months of surgeries, she finds herself wondering what to do next. She meets a man who she has always thought dead and then suffers another loss.  She really only has two friends in the world ands feels quite alone..  When one of the friends recommends a plastic surgeon in New York, she goes and has more surgeries, but also makes a couple more friends and finds a calling.  The book is a story about bravery, resilience and courage to go on.
I got this book from NetGalley and am voluntarily leaving a review.
i have to say I wasn't sure what to expect with this book.  But I absoutely loved it.  It gave a real view of humanity.  She was a beautiful model struck buy tragedy.  it was truly heartwarming and you felt all of her pain.  She not only mourned her mother and best friend but the person she knew.  I would definitely recommend this book.
It has been a while since I picked up a Danielle Steel book. This one kept me reading. I have always enjoyed her books that include a level of tragedy and how a character perseveres. The description of the accident gave me goosebumps. I could not imagine recovering mentally or physically. And any book with a setting of Paris always keeps me reading too! Thank you NetGalley for an ARC copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
I received an arc copy of this book from Net Galley in exchange for my honest opinion of it. What an amazing book. It so reminded me of the author's writing of many years ago. Everyone should read this book to learn that beauty begins on the inside and not outward appearance.
Beautiful by Danielle Steel.  I've always enjoyed her past books some not as much as other's over the years but Beautiful was another story that I couldn't put down.  Had me thinking about it long after finishing.  A sure win.
This book was not one of Steel's best.  Frankly, I wonder if there was a ghost writer involved.  The theme of  the book was very interesting but it just did not hold my attention like most of the author's books.  I wouldn't have finished it if I wasn't planning to write a review.
This was more of a 3.5 stars for me because of some nitpicky issues for me, but I'll round this one up to 4 stars for purposes of the Goodreads rating.  I really enjoyed this book - I loved Veronique's character and the fact that she was written as so down to earth while existing in such a superficial world. I enjoyed her relationship with her mother.  And I enjoyed how she reacted to and ultimately dealt with the horrific ordeal she went through.  I thought the storyline was written in a very relatable and believable way.  My biggest issue was with the unnecessary details throughout the book.  My original complaint was that the book was too short, and it should have been longer so that some of the storylines could have been developed further.  And then I saw that the paperback is listed as 410 pages, and I couldn't understand why so many areas felt rushed and simply skimmed over.  I finally realized how much unnecessary verbiage was included in this book - there was far too much time spent on details added nothing but took away valuable book space that could have been spent on Veronique, and her healing, and her relationships.  So yes, I loved this book, but I wanted more substance, and less fluff.
Danielle Steel’s Beautiful is an amazing read.  We meet Veronique Vincent who is the top fashion model in the world.  After a horrific bombing in Brussels, Veronique is no longer a model and has to readjust her life.    As usual, once I start reading a DS novel, I am unable to put it down.  I am always wondering what’s going to happen next.  I loved Veronique.  Her new project towards the end really suited her.  I liked the ending.  Thank you to Netgalley and Random House Publishing Group-Ballantine for the ARC.  All opinions expressed are my own.
Her job is to be beautiful. How will she face life when a tragedy leaves her with scars that takes away her career.?
Fantastic book again by Danielle Steel . She hasn't lost her touch
While I didn't really feel that his book had a plot (the plot ended early in the story, and the rest was just follow-up), it deserves my 5-star rating, because it held my interest, regardless of the fact that it felt rather like a magazine article to me.  That is Ms Steel's style of writing, and thousands of fans (including myself) love it.

My heart broke for this beautiful French model, but really counted was the fact that she was more beautiful on the inside than the outside. Even though I mentioned "no plot", there were, indeed, lessons to be learned from reading it, and the reader will be glad he/she did!

I do hope the errors will be corrected before publishing, though.  They were a little bothersome.

"Beautiful" gives you an inside look at aftermath of a famous model after a devastating, life changing accident.  She no longer has her mom, her boyfriend, or her super model looks.  I always enjoy Danielle Steele story telling.
I loved this book and would recommend to anyone who loves D.S. books and books about strong women. I don't know how Ms.Steel manages to author so many books a year and still make them so enjoyable. Well done!!
Danielle Steele is a master at storytelling! Beautiful is so good, I could not put it down and read in one day. The story is tragic and beautiful. The book has such a warm and beautiful message.  Thanks to Net Galley for the opportunity to read this beautiful ARC.
This is my favorite Danielle Steel book so far.  Beautiful centers around the most beautiful fashion model who has to come to terms with what encompasses true beauty after her life completely changes after a terrorist bombing.

You will not want to put this book down until you have finished it as it is so completely different from any of her previous books I have read.   It is riveting to read to find out how issues are resolved in Veronique Vincent’s life.

I received a copy of this book from NetGalley and Random House/Ballentine publishers.  I highly recommend the book and the opinions expressed are my own.
The book was ok.  Interesting, however, it was predictable.  If you are a Danielle .Steele fan, you will probably enjoy the book.
A great book about discovering our strengths and who we are. Danielle Steel is a master storyteller.
Another beautiful book written by DS. A very thought provoking book, especially timely with events such as these. Veronique is such a strong character, learning to live again after tragedy strikes. This could possibly be one of my favorite books by this author. Thanks for the opportunity to read the ARC.
loved reading this book. took me far away to a world of loss and discovery. kept me totally wrapped in a story that spans several continents and worlds. a quick and engrossing read.
Veronique is one of the worlds top models.  Her career ends after she is severely injured in a terrorist bombing.  This book follows her journey after the bombing, her recovery and search for a new meaning in life.  This was an enjoyable fast easy ready with a predictable ending.  As usual with Steel’s books you can count on being entertained.  Thank you to net galley for an advanced readers copy.
This book was truly wonderful! I loved how Ms. Steel approached the many angles and perceptions of physical beauty. I loved how Veronique (the most beautiful, popular, and most sought out model pretty much in the world)  turned out to have a level of humble humility (even though she fell in with the partying, and dating someone she knew was only into her looks and what they could gain from being with her). I loved her relationship with her mother, her level of level headedness, and her inner beauty. I loved how she knew what she wanted, and realized the outer beauty was fleeting. She just had no idea how fleeting it would be.

Veronique faced a very tough journey as she faced great loneliness and separation of everyone and everything she knew. As many of us know, it is when we face our greatest storms in life that we discover who is real in our lives. We are quickly forced to realize who are true friends are. Veronique lost all of the family she ever knew, and thru her strength and determination (and sheer will) she found a way to build a new family. She built a tremendous purpose filled life by simply looking outside of her own losses and pain.

This is a story that I will remember for a very long time. I felt myself pulled into the pages as soon as all of the events started unfolding. To be honest, prior to the kickoff of the events leading to the title of this book, I struggled with whether I really wanted his to be the next book I read. Then it all began, and I was officially sucked in!!! I am so very glad I held out!

I want to thank Netgalley and Random House Publishing Group - Ballantine for choosing me to have the privilege of reading this book in exchange for an honest review! It was an honor!