Cover Image: Love Unfu*ked

Love Unfu*ked

You don’t know shit about having an authentically great relationship.

I think the book is good just not as good as his normal books
This book gave me a great opportunity for self-reflection- ive actually only just now realized i dont do this nearly as often as i should. I enjoyed how Bishop uses both humor and emotions to try and engage you, or make you feel heard, but I feel there was just too much repetition in this book. A few chapters in, I was wondering why I kept reading the same thing in different words over again? Idk. Maybe it was not for me.
I have been following Mr. Bishop’s work for a while now, and I was excited to read his newest book. I found it helpful in terms of thinking about what went wrong in past relationships. Unfortunately, I didn’t get a lot out of it for my current circumstances. I’m single, and this is very clearly a book for people in relationships, I fear that other singles will jump to buy this book because they were inspired by Mr. Bishop’s previous works, but then be disappointed that this book has nothing to do with them. Although the summary says that the book is for everyone, I personally didn’t find much useful advice for singles. I will use this book when I’m in a future relationship, but for now I didn’t really get anything out of it.
Definitely some aha moments and all too familiar scenarios. I saw myself. I saw others. Mostly I saw myself, which I think is the point. I just hope I'm not rereading this in ten years.
Love Unfu*ked is real, raw, and simply brilliant! Those who are looking for a relational tune-up or overhaul will really appreciate this book!
I'm a big fan of Gary John Bishop's work. He speaks to you as a friend (a friend who has no filter, but a friend nonetheless). I recommend this book for anyone - single, dating, married, divorced, etc. It's an easy read with helpful information for anyone.
This is the kind of relationship advice you'd get from a grizzled bartender 30 minutes before closing time.  Sage and wise, but not delicate.   The author is casual and irreverent, and has no time for your nonsense.   But, if you listen, you'll probably wind up happier and more fulfilled.

The basic premise--that you are the only person you can control and the only person you can change--is solid.    This is short and accessible, especially for people who aren't habitual consumers of books about personal growth.   Anyone in a relationship or hoping to be in one could benefit from reading this and doing the exercises the author recommends.  It's always worthwhile to try to become a more thoughtful, intentional person.

Many thanks to the publisher and NetGalley for the opportunity to read and review!
This is the 2nd Gary John Bishop book I’ve read. With the first being Unf*ck Yourself. I loved how this book, Love Unf*cked, takes some of the similar format like Gary John Bishop’s first book and present with the overarching topic of relationships. I definitely will come back to this book again and again as I learned a few good tips to apply to my own relationships.