Cover Image: With Love from London

With Love from London

With Love from London had all the feels. Just finished it and i am emotionally crying. Set in the past is Eloise in London where she meets Frank. Present time is Valentina who is Eloise's daughter. with Frank. Eloise and Frank marry and move to California where Eloise was never happy. She was lonely and missed London. Frank was distant and gone most of the time. After many years they had Valentina and Eloise knew what is was to love someone unconditionally. Frank decides that Eloise needs to go to London to visit so he sends her off. While in London Frank files for a divorce and gets full custody of Valentina. This is a story of a mother and daughter that missed each other and Valentina was unsure why her mother left and never kept in contact.  From beginning to end I was hooked.
A beautifully written story following dual timelines. Val in present day recently got word her estranged mother has left her a flat and bookstore in London in her will. Val travels to London and spends her time discovering a life she wishes she had known … a life with her mother. The story takes the reader through a heartbreaking story of loss and complex family dynamics, ultimately ending in healing and acceptance.

Sincere thanks to NetGalley and Ballantine publishers for an advanced reader copy in exchange for an honest review.
This book combined two of my favorite things: books and London. While I often struggle with dual timelines, Sarah Jio's writing is expert and made everything so easy to follow. Such a beautiful ode to mother-daughter relationships!
This was a well written story about family, relationships, community, and secrets.  I found the cast of characters engaging and liked the fact that the plot involved a bookshop.
Many thanks to Random House Publishing and to NetGalley for providing me with a galley in exchange for my honest opinion.
What a book! It’s definitely one of my top reads this year!!  I absolutely loved the relationships in this: with themselves, each other, friends and love interests.  There really is a little bit of everything, and it’s told so beautifully.  This made me feel all the feels- I cannot recommend this book enough ♥️
This takes place in a bookstore with all the quirky characters you would think.  I really thought it was a sweet story.  Sarah Jio is an author that writes hearfelt, feel-good stories.  This did not disappoint.
Love this so much! I loved the bookstore background and the love for books the main character had. This book made me feel and that is just the kind of book I love.
I really enjoy this cute story. The plot kept me interested and I will definitely recommend to my friends!
Valentina has been dealt two blows in her life. She is getting divorced from her husband and her mother, who she has not seen or heard from in years, has died. She flies to London to close out the life of a woman she hardly knows.

When she arrives she instantly finds a life that she thinks will make her happy. A bookstore left to her by her mother, new friends and maybe even a romance.

While she is there, She finds her mom left a scavenger hunt for her to complete to get to know her and the city she loves. Alternately there is a second mystery, when she finds a copy of her favorite book annotated, she goes on a search to find that person who did the annotation.

There is also a parallel story of Val’s mother Eloise, and the story of what lead to the separation of one true love Valentina that is perfectly weaved in.

This is a beautiful story of forgiveness, love lost and found, and mourning the life we could have had. The storytelling is lovely and Sarah Jio weaves a tremendous mother/daughter story.

Thank you NetGalley and Ballentine Books for an Advanced Reader’s Copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
I gotta say I was pleasantly surprised by this book. It was a little far-fetched but I set aside my skepticism and let myself get carried away to this quaint little community that absolutely could not be real. I just enjoyed the fantasy of a sweet little bookshop in a charming little village really exists and that the people who live there all have collectively worked together with the protagonist’s dead mother to help her heal from the heartbreak of not knowing her while she was alive. It was a classic Hallmark movie plot. I thought it was lovely.
This quick read was full of romance and whimsy! I enjoyed reading about the journey of the title character.
This book was so lovely yet heartbreaking at times. I don’t know if it’s just me but I can’t help but feel emotional while reading about an imperfect mother-daughter relationship. It’s so easy to empathise with both of them, especially when you understand Eloise’s reasons for abandoning her daughter.

The two timelines made the story feel so realistic and had me gripped from the very beginning. And though I did enjoy most of the book, the ending wasn’t what I was expecting and I’m still not sure how I feel about it. Maybe a bit disappointed? Overall this was so well written and I really felt for the characters.
This book, at its core, is a love story between mother and daughter. It made my heart hurt and I would definitely put a trigger warning for anyone who has lost a parent. It brings up a lot of emotions but it also sends a beautiful message to cherish every moment with your loved ones.

I don't have a bad word to say about this book and think I would've been more invested from the beginning if I wasn't in a bit of a reading slump. If you love books, deep thinking with a bit of fun and romance, you will really enjoy "With Love, From London".
I love Sarah Jio and her writing. Her books usually follow two different timelines, and this one was no exception. One timeline followed Eloise and the other followed Valentina, Eloise's daughter. Valentina is made aware of her mother's death and heads to London to deal with her estate.

Her estate consists of a bookstore that needs funding and two apartments above it. Valentina meets Liza, who lives above the bookstore and Millie, Eloise's best friend. She is coming off a divorce and this is a great fresh start. However, she is still holding resentment for her mother, who left when she was 12 never to be heard from again.

Obviously there are two sides to each story and Eloise's is more complicated than Val knows. The story weaves through both timelines seamlessly and both characters are well-developed. I loved Liza and Millie and wanted more from them!
There was a lot to love about With Love from London. My husband and I visited Primrose Hill a few years ago, and the book was so evocative of the beautiful setting. I found the story to be very well-plotted, and in theory, the premise sounded really good. Also, the bookstore itself was magical. What a dream! Valentina's storyline with the store was the most compelling to me, and I also found the scavenger hunt to be really fun. In general, I much preferred Val's POV and the relationships formed in her timeline. That being said, this book fell a little flat for me, and I couldn't get into Louise's perspective. I found the dialogue stilted, and I wish the characters and relationships had been more developed, particularly the love/pain of Louise and Valentina's relationship. There was a lot of telling, and not enough showing. Also, as a mom, I didn't buy that Louise just left her daughter in the states, even with how manipulative Frank was. And I wanted to root for her and Richard, but I didn't feel like the emotional depth that she talked about in their relationship was ever really realized on the page, especially after they had only met three times before she left for the states. I did, though, really enjoy how Richard and Valentina connected.

I can see why people love Sarah Jio, and I was certainly entertained enough to finish this book in a couple of days, but it doesn't stand out as a favorite. Thank you so much to Netgalley and Ballantine for the free copy in exchange for an honest review, though!
This was a very cute, heartwarming read! I loved the fact that it went back and forth between two time periods so that you could see how a mother’s life intersected with her daughter’s.
This book! Wow what a bittersweet story. The dual timeline was the perfect way to give readers a good under of the story between Valentina and her mom Eloise. Jio takes us in this journey full of grief, heartbreak, love, friendship and so much more as Valentina tries to find herself again after heartbreak and finding out that her long lost mother has passed away. Honestly no review will do this one justice so all i can say is: pick it up and immerse yourself in this book and hopefully like me you will enjoy every bit of it and put it down at times just willing it not to end. I absolutely loved it and would 10000% recommend it!
I am speechless. Utterly, fantastically, heart melted in a puddle speechless. I've made it no secret I've been battling some not so fantastic depression during these cold months. It happens to the best of us unfortunately. One of the worst things I deal with is the loss of my usual ability to find comfort in pretty much any book I Crack open. I know my genres. I know what I like. But for some reason the blues brings with it the gloom of having a hard time connecting to a good read. I am so so deliciously happy I chose this one at this very moment.

When Valentina was a child, her mother abruptly left. No phone calls. No letters. Just one day gone. This of course broke her young heart and was something she carried with her into adulthood. Out of the blue, she's alerted by a solicitor that her mother has passed and left her everything. Everything including a charming bookshop and apartments in Primrose Hill. Though based in Seattle, her recent separation has made it possible for her to trek to England to sort out her mother's estate and hopefully finally receive the answers she's been looking for.

This book was absolutely everything wonderful I love about reading! The imagery of England was so vivid I could see the bookshop and the little cafés with such ease. Told from both Valentina and Eloise (her mothers) perspectives, we get the full scope of what actually happened with such vivid detail putting down the book was almost painful because it felt like the loss of a friend. The love Eloise had for her daughter bled into every page and the pain she felt at the things life handed her was so heartbreaking you find yourself crying with her at her misfortunes and celebrating her happiness. This isn't just a novel. This is a beautiful work of art. I loved every page and was sincerely sad to see it end. My only consolation is the ability to now dig into Ms. Jio's past works. She's truly a master storyteller and I'm so overjoyed to have found the book that will certainly be a favorite of the year and pulled me out of my reading melancholy.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐/5

Thank you to Sarah Jio, Ballantine Books, and NetGalley for an ARC in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.
P.S I Love You Vibes! Eloise receives a phone call stating her mother that she has not seen since she was 12 has passed and she now is the owner of a 3 story flat with a bookstore. Eloise loves books and to read so as you can imagine this was very fitting given her current divorce. Her mother put together a scavenger hunt for her to complete once she arrived to London which helped her relive her mothers past and create her future. In the end Eloise realized her mother did not just walk out on her rather she was forced out by her overbearing father. I loved this book from the second I picked it up and it was beautifully written!
Thank you NetGalley for the approval and thank you Sarah Jio for the five star read!
WITH LOVE FROM LONDON by Sarah Jio was a wonderful book & made for relaxing reading, I loved it. Hooked from the opening chapter, I happily spent hours with the two main characters Valentina and Eloise. Set in London, the book had just enough details about London that it felt like a vacation escape. Jio’s books feature a dual timeline and this one is done so well. The two characters stories unfold in the opening chapters and then weave back and forth throughout the novel until the end when it’s all tied up. Sarah Jio is an automatic buy for me & I’ve read all of her novels. Her novel WITH LOVE FROM LONDON is just a wonderful as each of her other novels. Thank you to NetGalley for the complimentary copy of the book in exchange for my honest review.