Cover Image: Safety in Numbers

Safety in Numbers

Heart-wrenching at times, thoughtful it its execution. Fantastic representation with a beautiful storyline. Please read this book as this is just what the romance genre needs.
The writing style was light and quite enjoyable. It's definitely a great summer book. I apretiate what author tried to do, talking about head trauma and the things people with dissability has to deal with, however I'm not a dissabled person, so I can't say if it was handled well. It was strange to me, that the main character was portrade as broken.
The one thing that I couldn't look over to was the male main character Milo. He was a one huge walking red flag. He was overprotective and extremely jelous. I couldn't stand the moments when he bought clouthes to her, or decided before even talking to Seraphina which people she should talk about her dissability. Seemed like Seraphina was like a trophy to him.
Seraphina was a very weak character to me. She let him take over her life in a blink.
All the time I was reading this book I felt irriated.
Maybe somena will find this book enjoyable, so give it a chance.
This one was a solid read, but I read significantly better STEM in STEAM romances in 2022 and this one wasn't as good.
I read a little bit of this book and then I decided not to continue with it. I went on goodreads after I started to feel uncomfortable with the disability rep. And found this book wasn’t a great representation of a person living with a disability. So I decided to put it down.
Thanks the NetGalley for the opportunity to read and review.  I sped through this book and found it an easy read. I didn’t think the Seraphina character would have gained confidence  with Milo so quickly- the head massage… really? It just felt a little forced. I’m not sure whether her disability was portrayed accurately or not but it was refreshing to see a different type of lead.
I love a female lead in STEM and I love reading disabled characters, but this book just didn't work for me. There was a lot of focus on the disabled female lead referring to herself as BROKEN. Of course, these feelings may be a struggle to overcome for disabled individuals, but the character saying it/thinking it this many times in one book starts to feel really problematic. This book ended up in my DNF pile.
Safety in Numbers was a good romance novel. I loved reading about women in STEM. I love the awareness that this book has.
i am a sucker for cartoon cover romance stories. this one did not disappoint!! super cute but not super lighthearted! does talk about traumatic events
Personally, this book was not for me, I have tried to get into fiction books but this one was not as exciting for me as many others.
Whoa! What a ride. It was very fast-paced. The writing style kept me hooked and I didn't find myself losing any interest. I enjoyed getting to know each of the characters and how real the story felt. The author did a great job painting the setting, so it was easy for me to visualize the scene played out before me.  I recommend giving this one a chance!
what a great little romance!! Inclusivity is all the norm now and i love that! This was well written and very hot and enjoyable.
DNF at 48%

While I was reading this book I was feeling very iffy about the disability rep. There were some things that I was reading that made me upset. I am not own voices, so please take a look at own voices reviews explaining why they were upset with this book. After I read own voices reviews I did not feel comfortable with finishing this. I am really upset because I want to LOVE this book.

Thank you, NetGalley for providing me with an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.
Lovely, heart warming, romantic read. Fabulous to read the story from the perspective of both the main characters. The challenges of living with disability that isn’t instantly apparent are portrayed realistically and give an insight into the challenges others face. Great read!

I decided to read this book, because I saw that the main character had a brain injury. As a disabled person myself, I'm always looking for more positive disability representation in books. This was not that.
This book had me feeling a bit... well concerned from the get go about how the disability rep was going to be handled. The book describes Seraphina (the one with the brain injury) as broken. Repeatedly.
Throughout the book it was clear that Seraphina was embarrassed about being disabled, which that's fine. A lot of disabled people have felt like that, especially when they first become disabled or realize it. But I wanted this book to end up Seraphina being proud of herself and her disability, and that just didn't happen. Or even close to that. Once the romance started, Seraphina's TBI just sort of disappears. She kept repeating over and over again how nobody would want to date her because she is disabled. Sweets, there's more to life than some lame billionaire who doesn't think anyone aside from him deserves oxygen.
This book took my interest with the main character being a female in STEM. Any book with this topic included is necessary and already gets a good rating in my books.

Overall I enjoyed this and I especially liked the duel perspectives. It felt everything was that bit more explained and complete. I did find some aspects incredibly far fetched or unbelievable. Mainly if I'm honest the whole character of Milo. I can't place my finger on it but I found him troubling.

There was one interaction with his father that read untrue and unrealistic. During the entire book, he is dominant and controlling but in this subplot, he was happy with submission and was grateful for someone to take control. From what we learn about the character the event would normally make him feel emasculated or at the very least the defence would feel like a step too close to intrusive. A case of too much too soon. For me, this broke the immersion for the sake of making a cliche relating to Seraphina.

Seraphina was a perfect lead if not stubborn in a way that was incredibly counterproductive. The way her character helped navigate and highlight brain injuries and trauma after the initial incident was admirable. Everything about her read true and it was great to see a sexual side brought to a character with a disability as this seems rarely covered in modern contemporary romances.

I did find their relationship rushed and I think my discomfort with Milo possibly stems from this. For Seraphina who struggles with changes in routine Milo seems to ramp things up very quickly. Although he makes allowances for her disability like her sleeping due to her chronic fatigue a comment is always made. This feels like he acknowledges her disability but doesn't quite understand how to really deal with it. He is controlling in terms of other men's contact with Seraphina and compromises don't seem to be in his remit. Despite being a billionaire scientist CEO I can't help but feel Seraphina deserved better.

The three-quarter of the way conflict also felt contrived. Considering what Seraphina had dealt with in the past this felt petty and exaggerated.

Overall as a first read from this author, it was enjoyable and I would read more from her. The book tackled themes that I haven't been introduced to before and I enjoyed the strong female lead.
I enjoyed this story, I thought it was easy to read and always love a story with STEM representation.
I would say at times reading that the main character was ‘broken’ because of her brain injury was tough, even if the character did feel that way herself.
Really enjoyed this quirky, STEM-esque rom-com with a bit of spice! I wish it were longer with more character depth, but it read at a quick pace and kept me engaged throughout. Loved the boss/millionaire vibes and the lab setting. I'm all about a guy protecting his love interest from bullies, the environment, themselves and felt that Sophie did a nice job tying that in but also allowing the MC to learn and grow.
This was such an enjoyable read. I simply loved the plot and the dialogues of the two characters. I don't want to give anything away but it was really really good. I can't wait to hunt this book down.
Two haunted people that find unexpected support in each other to conquer their own monsters within,. Such a sweet romance of being vulnerable with just the right person and take the risk to have someone else help you.
This book was a clever romantic comedy. It reminded me of the kiss quotient, i strongly recommend this book to anyone who enjoys Helen Hoang's writing. Four out of five stars.