Cover Image: High Stakes

High Stakes

I don’t know how I’ve made it this far in life without reading a Danielle Steel before. I loved it! The Me Too storyline was both interesting and relevant to the current times. This may have been my first book by the author, but it certainly won’t be my last!
High Stakes follows several female employees at a literary agency who are subjected to sexual harassment and become involved in the MeToo movement. While each woman is at a different stage in her career, they have each experienced different levels of harassment.

It's an important topic to cover, however, I didn't like how some characters got involved with each other leaving one to question why Ms. Steel chose to do that when not doing so would have given the situation more credibility. I enjoyed the book, but wasn't a fan of the employee involvement with each other.

I give Ms. Steel credit for touching upon an important topic and addressing each women's story with compassion.

Thank you to NetGalley for the ARC.
This story is very thought provoking and revealing.  High five as well as high stakes.
Many thanks to Random House Publishing and to NetGalley for providing me with a galley in exchange for my honest opinion.
I'd like to thank Netgalley and the Publisher for sharing an ARC in exchange for an honest review. Another outstanding book by an exceptional author. Danielle Steel is my ALL TIME favorite.
Jane Addison has dreams of opening her own business. At twenty-eight, she arrives in New York to start a job at a renowned talent agency. Eager to impress her new colleagues, Jane jumps right in as an assistant to Hailey West, one of the agents in the literary department. Jane is young and eager to make her mark. Hailey is dedicated to her work but outside the work doors, she's a bit of a mess having been left a single mom suddenly after her husband's tragic death. Then there’s Francine Rivers, head of the literary department, who gives off Miranda vibes from The Devil Wears Prada. Also a single mom after her husband’s affair with the nanny, she is dealing with other issues she would rather not share. And these are just a few of the women at this agency who are struggling at the agency. Jane realizes quickly that this agency is full of secrets, and that while she's at the bottom of the food chain she's about to shake this place up.
Danielle Steel never disappoints with any of her books. I have always been a fan of her books and this one is no different. It seems like Danielle Steel always finds a way to capitalize on the major issues that are happening in the world during the time she is writing and this story is no different.

This story follows the lives of 5 women in a literary agency that deal with tons of different issues. The two top people in the agency are men and of course one of them tries to use his position to be able to do what he wants to women. This story follows along with the "Me Too" movement that has taken place with many of the major agencies in our society today. These women deal with marital problems, work related issues as well as trying to raise kids for some of them while trying to keep up their professional lives.

When a new, younger girl is hired at the agency, the man that is in a higher position, takes advantage of his position and tries his tactics with her almost immediately. Jane is from a well off family and is not worried about if she looses her job and threatens to go to the police if he ever tries anything with her again. Apparently he doesn't believe her and thinks that the threat of firing her will keep Jane quiet but it doesn't.

When Jane goes to the police about what has been going on in the office, she starts a domino effect of women that come forward with what he has been doing to them as well, some as long as 10 years. Things start to chance in the office as soon as the main problem is gone. These women all have a common bond but they don't want to hang on to what has happened to them at the agency. You will enjoy reading Danielle Steel's take on the "Me Too" movement in this read.

I voluntarily read and reviewed this book and all opinions are my own. Thanks to Netgalley, the publisher and the author for an advanced copy of this book. I think you will enjoy Danielle Steele's take on a major movement in our society today.
This book follows the #metoo movement.  This book follows Jane, a young woman who gets a job at a talent and literacy agency.  First, impressed by how all these women have achieved such high positions and seem to have it all, she quickly learns that one of the bosses thinks its okay to touch the women as he pleases.  The plot then follows what happens next.

A good story that follow a relevant issue in today's world.
High Stakes follows four women at a talent agency in NY. They are all at different stages in their lives and careers. I really had high hopes for this book but was deeply disappointed at the amount of sex, cheating, and assault. Additionally, the writing of the book made me feel like I was reading a long summary rather than an actual story.

Thanks for allowing me to read this ARC. #HighStakes #NetGalley
High Stakes by Danielle Steel.

Another awesome book by Danielle Steel.
High Stakes for everyone in this story.  You will be amazed at the Stakes they are talking about.  How brave Jane was to stand up to Dan.. She helped all the women that have been trapped by him for years.

Great story
High Stakes is another good book by Danielle Steel.
This one centers on five women Jane, Allie, Hailey, Francine, and Merriweather who work at a talent agency Fletcher and Benson., It talks about their relationships: children, husbands, and boyfriends. Jane blows the whistle on Dan Fletcher for sexual abuse. the following " me too " scandal threatens the agency. Dan gets jail time and has to pay restitution to the women.

I highly recommend this book.
Four women work at a talent agency, on the literary and acting sides.  Each has their own complicated and challenging life.  When Jane is touched inappropriately by one of the partners, she files a report and puts everything on the line.  The partner is arrested and others come forth to support her and tell their story.  The story tackles the Me Too Movement, ambitious women, and com.I aged personal lives.
Women, balancing their lives, families, and careers. Five different and unique women in a literary agency - yum! This is a great read by Danielle Steel. This novel offers high stakes, drama, and entertainment. Outstanding characters, a wonderful storyline, and is one of those books that you cannot put down once you get into it.
A small boutique talent  house, that also handles celebrities and writers is the backdrop for this story from Danielle  Steele. Her latest novel takes on the question of long loyalties and the cost of a blind eye in the workplace. Fletcher and Benson a highly respected house and Jane Addison is new and learning the ropes. What she doesn’t bargain for are the secrets that she discovers. Four women each with a story that dips beneath the surface to reveal lives that have been affected and in one instance tormented for years. Each story that is revealed gives insight into the length women must endure to succeed. A true Steele story.
This is not one of my favorite Danielle Steele books. It was just ok to me. I did not care that much for the main character. I did like how 4 women come together to bring down a man who abused them.
I always love her books and couldn't put it down I can't wait for the next one..I loved the characters in the cover in the title.
I really enjoyed this book. Thank you to NetGalley and publisher for the chance to read this ARC. Can’t wait for more by author!
This is the story of five women in a literary agency and how they cope with double standards, sexual harassment, marital problems, and abuse.  another good read by Danielle Steel, an intriguing easy flowing and fast read.  Thank you NetGalley and the publisher for an ARC in exchange for a review.
High Stakes delivers a timely message for 2022. The book centers around several women who work at a talent agency. One of the owner’s of the agency feels he has the right to sexually harass some of the women there. In some capacity, the women are dealing with workplace issues. The #MeToo movement is at the forefront of DS latest novel. It’s interesting to see how some of the ladies process and deal with the sexual harassment they are facing. Unfortunately this is still in so many workplaces. I’m thankful for authors that choose to bring this crime to light. I think you will find yourself cheering for each of these women as they navigate their way through changes personally and professionally. Root them on as they seek to find resolution, peace and happiness once again. #NetGalley Thank you for the ARC.#HighStakes #MeToo
Interesting characters, a current topic (Me too), and Danielle Steel's easygoing writing style make this an enjoyable read.  Of course all the people are beautiful with perfect bodies and great careers - this is Danielle Steel after all!!  There's also a lot of repetition that is typical in her books.  Overall, though, this is an entertaining book with a predictable ending.
As five powerful women work their way up the corporate ladder in NYC, they must figure out how to perfect the work/life balance as they all enter new stages of their life. Working for a big name agency for both literature and entertainment, their lives are forever intertwined as they overcome the obstacles of life and love while making power moves at work. In the midst of this, scandals arrive and the “Me Too” movement hits too close to home as they realize they have more in common than they first realize. Follow Jane, Allie, Hailey, Merriweather and Francine as they try to help themselves, and each other, navigate life and come out on top.