Cover Image: High Stakes

High Stakes

Danielle Steel is one of my favorite authors. I have read every one of her books. When I think she can not possibly do it again she does.  This one is a real emotional rollercoaster.   You will be riveted from cheaper one until the last page.  A must read!
In High Stakes Danielle Steel tackles the very difficult and timely topic of sexual harassment in the workplace.  Jane, the newest hire, speaks out against a boss who feels he has the power and the right to demand sexual favors.  Except  for the repetition of a few situations it is a quick read and an interesting book.
Wow what a great read…a look inside the #MeToo movement that kept me captivated! I couldn’t put this one down…I read it in a day!! Reminded me of my younger days when I buy the new DS and read it the same day. Entertaining and well thought out characters, a bustling story that doesn’t have a lull. Fans of DS will adore this one!
Get ready folks! High Stakes is a juicy new book you are going to love. Danielle Steel is admired by millions as a fantastic storyteller. This one did not disappoint!

Five women (Jane, Allie, Merriwether, Francine, and Hailey) all work at a successful talent agency in New York. Each is determined to climb the corporate ladder, but how much are they willing to sacrifice? As is life, each woman faces the usual individual issues outside of work (financial, relationship, marriage, children and more), but will not let problems interfere with career goals. However, (now we get to the good part) each one also has jaw dropping secrets that make for the most delicious plot twists. "Oohlala readers!" You're going to love this! (Wink!)

High Stakes is beautifully written with lots of noteable office drama that fans love! Danielle Steel is one of the reigning queens of romance and suspense. She has still got it going on in the world of great books and shows no signs of slowing down.

Thank you NetGalley and Random House Publishing Group - Ballantine, for the honor of reviewing this fantastic e-book. Also, I want to personally say thank you to Danielle Steel, for all the wonderful hours of reading entertainment you have given me.
Centered around Me Too Movement. Five ladies work for the same agency. The book shows each interpretation of different aspects in life and work.
This is another riveting, thought provoking novel by Danielle Steel. It follows the story of five strong and ambitious women in the wake of the Me Too movement. Jane is the young newcomer at a prestigious talent agency where she safely assumes that drive and ambition will help her succeed and be at the top of her game. She very soon realizes that her work environment has dark shadows and even worse intentions when it comes to the treatment of the fellow female employees, herself included.

The storyline follows all five women and their individual struggles and while that can become a little back and forth while trying to follow all five women at once, I found this story moving and powerful. A real look at sexual harassment and the fight so many women experience, but the fight that isn’t talked about enough in society today. Another powerful novel by Danielle Steel.

Thank you Netgalley for allowing me this ARC in return for my honest review.
This was pretty standard fare from Danielle Steel, While I really liked that Danielle Steel tried to write about five women who work for a literary and talent agency in New York City and the plot centers on sexual harassment and the #MeToo movement.
All in all pretty good book, won't win any awards though
High Stakes is the story of five women that work for a prestigious talent agency.  Francine and Hailey run the author agent side while Allie works on the drama talent agency side.  Merriweather is the company CFO.. The name of the agency is Fletcher and Benson. Woman #5 is Julie who is just starting as an assistant on the author agency side.  Each woman is very different from the other but in other ways very much the same..  All five women are highly driven and their job comes before all else.

This story has several different running storylines running throughout the entire book.  The story for the most part was interesting but extremely predictable.  There are some triggers within the book such as sexual harassment and rape so be aware of those triggers.

Danielle Steel writes her stories in such a way that even though the outcomes may be predictable her writing style keeps you reading all the way to the end.

Thank you #netgalley, #randomhousepublishing-ballatine and #daniellesteel for providing the ARC to me.  All opinions expressed above are my own.
High Stakes by Danielle Steel tackles a timely and sensitive topic, the #metoo movement. Telling the story of four women who work in the same company but who are at different phases in their career and lives, we see that it doesn't matter how much experience a person has in life or their job, they are just as likely to suffer from sexual harrassment in the work place. Finding the strength to fight back and share their experiences is part of their stories.

Thank you to Random House Publishing Ballantine, Delacorte Press and NetGalley for the opportunity to read this ARC.
Danielle Steel always creates a story that the reader can get lost in. While her newest book, High Stakes deals with sensitive topics and may trigger those who have experienced sexual assaut, the story of 4  career women working in a publishing house and the lives they lead and struggles they face professionally and personally draws you in. As a feminist, the male perspective felt misogynistic and narrow minded through most of the story, BUT the story has a rewarding ending and will leave the reader satisfied with the outcome.
Loved reading the engaging, enthralling, and outstanding novel by the best selling author, Danielle Steel.  Jane, a newcomer, pushes to succeed and puts her career first.  Merriwether, married to a non-employed man trying to write a book and a child, endeavors to do her best at both her career and family.  Hailey, a widow with children, struggles as a single parent and seeks to continue to succeed at her job.  Allie, another woman who is exceptional in her career, is known for her various affairs until she falls for a younger man who her boss strongly disapproves of and warns her to end the relationship.  When an unforeseen event happens to Jane, she does what is right even if it means losing the job. she loves.  Read the highly recommended, wonderfully written with captivating characters, and a riveting storyline.
I just reviewed High Stakes by Danielle Steel. #HighStakes #NetGalley
[NetGalley URL]
I would like to thank NetGalley and Random House Ballentine for allowing me to read this book and give an honest review. I am a long time Danielle Steel fan and I feel like the last four or five books are back to the Danielle Steel of the 80s and 90s. This one starts with Jane. She is about to start a new job at an agency. The first day at Jane's new job, we meet all the main characters (and a few subplots come forth really fast). There is Francine, a literary agent who is tortured in ways no one can imagine. There is Allie (aka Alabama) who is a drama agent who is single always mingling. There is Bob, one of the owners who is in an unhappy marriage. There is Merriweather (I might be spelling this wrong) a literary agent who has some big battles at home. And then there is Dan. I don't want to give him any of my energy but he plays a huge part in the book. I can't recommend this book enough!
#NetGalley #highstakes #daniellesisback!
Danielle Steel is such a wonderful storyteller, I always devour her books like candy! She has a way of sucking you into the lives of her characters and making you feel emotionally vested in their fate. High Stakes takes you into the cutthroat world of literary and theatrical agencies. It was fascinating to get a glimpse of what goes on behind the scenes. The reason this is a four star and not a five star for me is that the resolution of the story was a little predictable and a little too neatly packaged. Still a very enjoyable read!
This book is driven by the #metoo movement and discusses a heavy topic. The story follows a group of women and their personal lives while they are working at a literary agency. I devoured this book in one day. It was so good!
Danielle Steel delves into the #MeT00 movement in her new novel, High Stakes.  The book centers on five women who work at Fletcher and Benson a high powered literary and talent agency.  The five women are all at different stages in their careers.  I enjoyed the book, but felt that there were too many characters with separate issues in addition to the main topic of sexual harassment in the workplace.  I would have preferred the book if Ms. Steel had just concentrated on the main issue.  All in all, an easy, enjoyable read where the characters triumph.  Thank you to NetGalley for the ARC in exchange for an honest review.
This book is set in the Me Too era.  The setting is an agency in New York City which represents literary and entertainment clients. Jane begins her career there and befriends several other females working there..  The agency is owned by two older men, one of which thinks nothing of sexual abuse and harassments. Jane is very disturbed about his advances and warns him to no avail. His attack is the last straw. He has done this and worse to other females at the firm, but Jane is the only one with the guts to stand up to him. How will this play out for Jane and the others he abused or harassed?
This story gives the perspective of what the women went through not only physically, but also emotionally. Some experienced worse abuse than others. The best part of this book was the effect it had on their lives and unknowingly, others including children. For that reason, I am grateful I read this book. After reading this book, I have much empathy for women experiencing this and admire the courage to speak up.

*I was given a complimentary copy of the book by the publisher and NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
High Stakes is Danielle Steel's response to the #metoo movement. Set in a literary agency, this ensemble novel explores the lives of several women in different phases of their careers and personal lives. The numerous storylines for such a short book may create whiplash for some readers. There's a lot going on with all the women and the ancillary characters in their lives. But the subject matter is timely and gives the reader plenty to think about. The most interesting storyline involves a man who has abused his power and, in particular, one of them women at the agency. Since this is a DS novel, he gets his comeuppance in a satisfying way.

As usual, Steel provides a quick, entertaining read in this new book. It's a bit more graphic than some of her other novels, but it captures the right tone of the contemporary climate we're living in.

Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for providing me with an advanced reader's copy in exchange for my honest opinions.
It was a great book, and I would definitely recommend it. This books makes you think how much of this happens to other people. Some people let it go, but you have people in the book that’s not afraid. I would definitely recommend this to everyone.
Thank you NetGalley and Penguin Random and Danielle Steel for this ARC.

In this riveting novel, Danielle Steel tells the story of a group of remarkable women navigating the challenges of balancing their families, their personal lives and the high stakes of ambition at the top of their game.

So many characters and stories to learn but a pretty short read. This book is #metoo driven but didn’t take away from each characters strength and bravery. The way Danielle Steel tackles relevant and timely topics is always why I am drawn to her novels.
Another great read from Danielle Steel.  This is a fast paced, quick read about different women, and how their lives are effected by their jobs.  Some of the women in the story are subjected to harassment by one of the agency's owners, and this leads to a lot of upheaval.  The story deals with love, life, family, sexual harassment, and second chances.  Read it in one sitting, couldn't put it down.
I received an advance copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.