Cover Image: The Life-Changing Power of Intuition

The Life-Changing Power of Intuition

I really wanted to love this one but I just didn't. Falls off topic and doesn't provide any real, solid insight into recognizing and using your intuition.
This book was a miss for me. I found it kind of boring, especially towards the end where it felt repetitive. I could see this being a good beginner book for someone who has never thought about intuition or how to call intuition into their own lives.
I took a good bit of time to make it through this book, but I made it. I’ll probably give it a re-read to be honest. If you’re a beginner, starting your spiritual journey, this was a good book to start with. There are tools and tasks that act as a guide to come more in touch with yourself.

There were moments that dragged, but overall, a decent book for beginners (which I am).
This book gave lots of exercises to try to get in tune with your intuition, more in the sense of a handbook and not so much something to just sit back and dive into. Many of the exercises are meditation based advising you to get in touch with your chakras and I felt it could have gone a bit deeper into the practices. Towards the end it felt like the author maybe just wasn’t trying so hard anymore and just threw out lots of words repeating itself over and over again, for example describing an exercise using certain crystals and mirrors and words, then saying “to use this for xyz benefits, use this crystal and these words” while repeating the entire process all over again instead of just listing the exercise once and saving space by making categories.

The author also repeated a few times, “I never thought I’d write a book, this is my third one!” which made this book feel more like a proud diary instead of a self-help book. This could be a plus for readers because it made the book feel like the author was talking directly to you, like a friend and not just some clinical voice.

The exercises at the beginning were a cool way to get into intuitive feel but the second half of the book fell flat. I can’t really recommend this one unless you’ve never tried getting in touch with your intuition before, then in that case this could be a good dabble into it.
Self-help and spirituality are hands down my favorite genre. When I can find a book that combines the two, I am absolutely on board. This book did not disappoint, and Emma's voice and content are clear throughout.
I particularly loved the exercises in this book, and found some new insights on meditation that I hadn't seen before.
I will definitely be recommending this book.
I have read 10% of this book and it doesn't seem to get to the point. I know I don't want to finish it. It seems to be just a lot of woo-woo feel-good nonsense.
Emma Lucy Knowles generously and enthusiastically shares her deep experience with developing and honing one's intuition in THE LIFE-CHANGING POWER OF INTUITION. A gifted intuitive guide, Knowles thoughtfully provides the framework and the practices to listen to and live with all your capabilities and senses, including that quiet, gentle intuitive nudge and gut feeling that guides you to the best and the most magnificent possibilities for you. I enjoyed the exercises and learning from an honest, down-to-earth teacher. I received an early copy of this book and these opinions are my own, unbiased thoughts.
The Life-Changing Power of Intuition Tune In to Yourself, Transform Your Life by Emma Lucy Knowles is more than an informative book.  There are activities that anyone who's on a spiritual and healing journey will identify these tools as a helpful stepping stone within a larger frame of change.
This book is filled with exercises to help the reader tap into their own intuition. It does a good job of explaining what intuition is, and how it can be beneficial to us to be able to listen to ourselves.
As someone who is constantly told they are intuitive and knowing it myself I was really interested in this book. I loved that the book gave me some very clear exercises to do with my intuition to really fine tune it. I think if you're a bit advanced in knowing what your intuition is telling you and how to go along with it, this might not be the greatest book. But if you're new or really want to fine tune and work with your intuition this is a fantastic book. There are very clear exercises to really get a sense of when your "gut feeling" is telling you something.
Incorporating various new age topics, Emma Lucy Knowles provides plenty of practical exercises and rituals to help develop the reader's intuition skills.  Use of meditation, candles, crystals, tarot cards, and scrying as tools in the exercises is well explained.  A great practical guide for readers.
Meh on this one. It’s focus is on intuition, however Knowles relates everything to intuition (Chakras, alters, crystals, smudging, etc). So it turns into each aspect having just a few pages dedicated to it. If you’re looking for a pretty reference style book, this is a nice option.
For intuition most of the advice made me think of mindfulness training, lots of breathing and meditation. Book format is an odd choice as she recommends scripts for meditations that you need to read or record yourself.
This was a super fun read. The beginning was very informative, felt a bit long but that's only because I am already well-versed in the subject, and the practices and techniques given in this book are such a great way to start working on your intuition. Highly recommend this read.
Thank you to NetGalley and to the publisher for this ARC in exchange for an honest review.

I found this to be an eye-opening introduction to intuition! I hadn’t read something like this before, and I appreciated the author’s explanations and enthusiasm for the subject. I would recommend for curious beginners.
The Life-Changing Power of Intuition by Emma Lucy Knowles was something I didn't know I needed.  I appreciated a book that dove deeper into intuition, giving more information on the difference between that feeling and our ego. It has easily became one of my favorite self-help books!

This isn't just an informative book; it gives activities, which anyone who's on a spiritual and healing journey will identify these tools as a helpful stepping stone within a larger frame of change.

The Life-Changing Power supports us in all areas of our lives, from big decisions to work to relationships and purpose.

I appreciated the beautiful illustrations throughout the book; they captured my attention.

It feels fantastic to know how to refill and recharge our own cup! I will definitely be recommending this book to others.
I went into this, without expectation but with hope that this would further my own mindfulness. While I wasn’t personally able to find much for my own use at this point in my life, I was impressed by the author’s knowledge and passion in passing along what she’s learned. The author’s writing reflects her excitement to share what she’s discovered.

This seems like a worthwhile resource for those beginning their intuitive journey.
**Thank you for the ARC!! All opinions are completely my own.**

This is a well-written and informative guide to intuition for beginners and experts alike. I appreciated how the author dived into her own personal experiences, the higher self, visual exercises, and self-care activities. The visual design of the book is very engaging and incredibly creative. This book is perfect for practical use.
The Life-Changing Power of Intuition by Emma Lucy Knowles was something I didn't know I needed. I've always been a spiritual person, but I appreciated a book that dove deeper into intuition, giving more information on the difference between that feeling and our ego.

I loved the aesthetic of the book and format. It's a really visually and spiritual beautiful book. It's motivational and inspiring. I enjoyed the writer's perspective and advice.
Although this was intuition 101, I did really enjoy it! This would be a great gift for anyone who is coming into their own!
Thank you to Netgalley and St. Martin’s Press for this arc ebook in exchange for an honest review. All opinions expressed are my own.