Cover Image: Three Kisses, One Midnight

Three Kisses, One Midnight

What a heartbreaking magical read! I loved the connection between the past and present. There was incredible character development and beautifully descriptive settings.
I had to include one book that works for the season; this one is perfect to cozy up with your choice of hot drink, be it cocoa or that pumpkin spiced whatever! Cuteness, magical overtones, romance, friendship, and other swoon-worthy moments make this book a great read to start now. Plus, I am in awe at how the three different authors wove the stories and characters together so beautifully. While I have enjoyed Sandhya Menon’s books before, Roshani Chokshi has(well, had) been on my TBR for too long. I am yet to read Evelyn Skye (her other books, I mean).

Thanks to NetGalley for the digital review copy of this book.
Three Kisses, One Midnight by Roshani Chokshi, Evelyn Skye, and Sandhya Menon is a collection of three short stories. They follow three best friends Onny, Ash, and True—known as “The Coven”. After Onny brews a love potion from a recipe passed down by her late grandmother, she shares it with her two best friends so the trio can use it on their crushes. All will go down on Halloween night.

This collection is cute and great for a little bit of fun, lighthearted romance. Out of the three, my favorite story is the first one.
*I received a free copy of this ebook from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.*

This is a light-hearted book about three friends finding true love one magical night near Halloween during their senior year of high school. It was cute and fun, but it lacked that something extra to bring it above three stars for me. If you're looking for a book that won't take you too long to read and is basically just sugar, you'll probably enjoy this one. (My start date is skewed--I began reading this while also reading another book that I was more interested in, so I didn't actually start giving this book my attention until a week ago.)

Onny's, Ash's, and True's stories were each different and fit will with their characters. Yes, they were predictable, but sometimes that's okay. I liked their love interests, too (not giving away names here). I did feel, however, that another couple in the book kind of hijacked all three chapters, with all the surrounding characters (including the main three) constantly gushing about how perfect they were for each other, etc. I just didn't care.

Note: Some swearing, including 2 f words. A gay couple (supporting characters that are a big focus of every chapter).
This is a really cute book. The story follows three friends as they use a love potion to try to find their true loves and seal it with a kiss before midnight. I enjoyed how each of the friends had a different journey to take and lesson to learn. Onny's journey was first and was my favorite of the three she's the one who brewed the potion and was just such a fun character. Ash's story was next, he is such a cute and sweet artist, and lastly we get True's tale who is the most reluctant to see the magic of the night. All the characters were well done and I really enjoyed the format of the book. My one complaint is that the story's were really predictable, there wasn't really anything surprising that happened but it was still a really fun read.
I gave this a four out of five stars. I really enjoyed this book. It was different than I thought it was but I loved it. I can’t wait to add this to my collection.
I enjoyed how these stories intertwined together. Great representation and diversity in this. It was a great read for this time of year.
Three Kisses, One Midnight is more like an anthology than a novel. They feel like three separate stories with one main theme. This book tells the stories of three people falling in love. I found this book to be very well-written. Even though it is set in modern-day, it gives a fairytale feel to the story. Overall, I recommend this book to anyone that enjoys reading sweet romances!
Unfortunately I didn’t love this book. I think mainly because it’s too YA for me as I am 25 but I think for anyone in middle school or high school it would be perfect.
Three Kisses, One Midnight is a sold 3.5. The characters were very cute, each having their own little story and personality. The first story begins with Onny and her adventure for love. She is so fun with her belief in magic. Ash and his love of art was very interesting and his story has to be my favorite. I find myself in True a lot and I loved how she grappled with love. The plot is incredibly faced-paced which does take away some enjoyment because the stories changed before you can really get into the minds of the three MCs. The writing was very smooth between authors and I have no idea who wrote what or how everything was divided. It had at all the spooky Halloween feels.
This book was really interesting! I was intrigued by the storyline and that's what initially drew me to this title. I also really love the cover artwork.
This book is the perfect showcase of why I love Halloween and fall. What time is so full of magic and possibility? The world is turning its seasons and everything feels different. This book so perfectly captures that. It captures that feeling of the season, the magic at one's fingertips, and how anything is possible. And it does so with three wonderful stories about precious children falling in love. Each story just improved upon the last but each was absolutely lovely (I also enjoyed that each was a different romance trope). You know that beautiful butterfly feeling you get in your stomach? That was this book for me. It just makes me feel so happy. It's a book of happily ever afters and just lovely joy sparked by Halloween magic and I am so here for it.

Thank you, Netgalley and the publisher, for an eARC in exchange for an honest review
I loved everything about this book. I'm a fan of the three authors and this book did not disappoint. The concept is unique and different from anything else. It's well-written and you cannot help but enjoy every single page.
Thank you Netgalley for the e-ARC.

I've read this book as a big fan of all the authors. Their writing styles have always been able to capture me from the get-go, and Three Kisses: One Midnight is no different. I even have a hunch who is the main author of whose POV.

The premise is simple, and the execution is so fluffy and cute and atmospheric. Onny, True, and Ash are bestfriends who decided that on Halloween, they will pursue their one true loves. Onny found an old love spell recipe, Filipinos might be more familiar with the term, "gayuma", from her late grandmother and decided that it will the key for their group to talk to their respective crushes, confess, and fall in love. Well, If it's that simple, then this wouldn't be a book, would it?

I definitely love the atmospheric vibe of this book, which I think will fit even outside of Halloween/Fall season. The sparks flying between the couples is perfect all-year round! I personally loved Onny's story because it hits close to home, but True and Ash's stories are lighthearted and fun as well! It's a YA romcom all-throughout!

However, if you're looking for more books with impact rather than casual reading, then this might not be the best book for you. While the premise is magical, it doesn't have an intense pivot point and more of a casual, feel-good book.
I loved this book. I am a fan of all three authors, so this isn't surprising. However, the theme was intriguing and I loved how each author brought their own aesthetic to the concept.
This was a cute collection of love stories surrounding witchcraft, and a townwide tradition. I've never read anything written by Sandhya Menon or Evelyn Skye, but I've loved everything I've read by Roshani Chokshi, so I thought I would give this a chance. I was not disappointed! There's an overarching storyline through the three stories (which is my favorite kind of anthologies) and it kept me so interested that I read the whole book in one sitting. I loved the generational witchcraft that was included in this and how the character wasn't ashamed of that part of herself.
Onny's story: This was my favorite of the stories. I liked that it was a "hate to love" romance. The characters were a little annoying, but I still liked them. The only complaint I really have is that there were too many exclamation points.
Rating- 4.5/5

Ash's story: I liked that they were neighbors, but I didn't care about the plot and it kind of made Onny and True seem like bad friends.
Rating- 3.5/5

True's story: I liked this one the least. It wasn't bad, it was just kind of boring.
Rating- 3/5
Thank you to Netgalley and St. Martin’s press for the ARC of this book in exchange for a review. This was an absolutely sweet and wholesome YA romance anthology.  We get 3 stories of each member of “the coven” as they prepare to use the love potion that will change their whole lives.  I loved every word of this book.  It’s the perfect Halloween/ Fall read to add to your list.
One thing I didn’t realize I was into is multiple authors co-authoring a book & it not being a anthology but I am! Sure the sections had names but this book is a novel with characters that are intertwined by their friendship and desire for romantic love. This book gave light, magical and a bit of a myth that is specific to the story. These authors did an amazing job at bringing their voices and writing styles together to create this story where three friends support each other as they live out their own love stories against the clock. This book was pretty light though there is a touch of grief that doesn’t deter the story and its sweetness at all!
I really enjoyed every story in this book.  The setting of the mystical town was cute and fun to read about.  This is a perfect Halloween romance.  A great book for those who love Halloween stories without the gore and scary stuff.