Cover Image: The Woman in the Woods

Witches
Ghosts
Haunted village
And…..
Creepy moments that will have you wondering what is going on.
This is what you will get with reading The Woman in the Woods.
Many thanks to NetGalley, the publisher and author for the opportunity to read this book for my honest review.  All opinions expressed are my own.
I could hardly put this book down as it was suspenseful throughout. I felt angry for Allie as she moves away with her young family to a small town and grows suspicious of her husband and best friend. It seems like she can trust nobody. They all make her feel like she's losing her mind. Seeing a white figure in the woods behind her house, the scratching noise in the attic, and creepy things left in/around her house do not help. You are in for a big surprise at the ending if you dare read this, and I recommend that you do! I received a free copy for my honest review.
A very slow start. It took me awhile to get into it, I’d say about 60% of the way thru is when I started getting hooked. The suspense of not knowing what was real and what wasn’t, was intense towards the end. It was a pretty good read, especially for spooky season.
This was my first Lisa Hall book. I thought this would be a great spooky, psychological thriller-perfect for Halloween. Besides some weird noises and a few scary points, this was more psychological than spooky. Allie becomes more of an unreliable narrator and out of her mind as the story continues. Instead of giving us a full ending, the touch more on mental illness, which just left me with more questions. I feel things were thrown into the story that didn’t necessarily bring value.
This was an ok read for me. It surrounds a mom who has a young girl and a newborn who is overwhelmed and exhausted. Weird things begin to happen but it was just written off as being a tired mom. Her friend, Naomi offers support but soon Allie questions why.

Thanks to NetGalley for my advance copy in exchange for my honest review.
The Woman in the Woods wasn't the worst thing I've ever read, but it certainly wasn't the best either. I fully expected to binge read this one straight through, and instead it was a flat read where I felt almost nothing. Which is disappointing, as I've heard rave reviews for some of Lisa Hall's other novels. It was just so-so for me, unfortunately.
This book has just the right setting to make you feel creeped out. It is unsettling but I thought it was a very suspenseful read. The characters are complex and the story with it's eerie feel kept me turning pages long into the night. This one was wild.
This is the perfect spooky read. Lisa Hall gives you a haunted village, witchcraft, and the spookiest atmosphere you could ask for.

Thanks to Netgalley and Harper 360 for the eARC in exchange for my honest review.
This book was packed with everything that I love about a book! It was full of mystery and ghosts and even discussed a history of the home that include witchcraft. Kept me engaged. Good read!
I wanted to like this book and in the beginning I did.  Who doesn't love a good witchy/ ghost story but I felt like it was just rushed.  I liked the story itself because I love ghost stories but then it just ends with the last chapter saying it was psychosis and then boom happy ending.
This psychological thriller is a wild ride of is she or is she not crazy.  I kept flip flopping and it wasn't until the end when I made up my mind, and I'm still not sure.  The storyline was fun, creepy, and believable.  Let's just say, I'm not trapsing through the woods after no one.  The writing was really suspenseful and drew me in from the beginning.  The quaint viliage seems nice and it's interesting Pluckley is a real place in England with a haunted history.  The house and property house lovely, but the husband pissed me off...Ok, no spoilers.  The characters were detailed well.  I really felt I knew their stories and emotions.  Especially the heartache of her friend Naomi.  I also felt the story is realistic in people down playing women's emotions, especially after a baby.  And also the feeling of loss of identity after children.  Overall a great story, I enjoyed reading.
The cover drew me to the book and the title!
This thriller kept me wanting to keep on reading .. the ending was suspenseful
Thank you NetGalley for arc !
I love a good witchy read, so when I read the synopsis of Lisa Hall’s new book, The Woman in the Woods, I couldn’t get my hands on it quickly enough!

This book would have been hard for me not to like- it includes witchcraft, a haunted village, a good mystery and all the spooky atmosphere I could ever want. I love a good setting and the spooky village portrayed here is a real place- Pluckley, known as the most haunted place in England. Witches and a haunted town!!!  I was completely hooked. This book is incredibly suspenseful which made it a quick read. I will say that I guessed the final twist but that didn’t make me like the book any less.

My one gripe about this book is that it is being promoted as horror. And while it does have supernatural elements and eerie moments, it reads much more like psychological suspense. I think this would be a great spooky season read for people that want a little witchiness, but not full on horror. Thank you to @NetGalley for an advanced arc of this book.
This was one of the most suspenseful and tense books that I have read in quite awhile. I was questioning everything and everyone throughout the entire story, and the twists and turns were shocking. Just when you think you have it figured out, something else is revealed, changing everything (but in a good way).

The writing and details were superb, and I loved the concept of a potentially unreliable narrator, mixed in with a supernatural element. I think the only thing I didn't like about this was the bit of cliffhanger at the end. After all of the events that happened in the book, I just wanted it to be solidly wrapped up. Other than that, this was an amazing book. A 4.75 star read for me.
Sadly this is a DNF for me at 13%.

The main character, who is beyond dull, has breastfed her son at least five times in 13% of the book. I can only imagine how many more times I would have to read about it if I continue. Not to mention the chapters are long and rambling making it very hard to become interested. Just not for me I'm afraid.
This effort--admittedly by a very talented writer--is a bit on the long side. It dwells insistently on the psychological states of a woman convinced her house is haunted by a long-ago witch. As a result, she neglects her young children, and alienates her husband and close friend. Towards the end, things appear to straighten out in a somewhat unearned reversal, only to be upturned again in a self-consciously engineered turnabout in the final sentence,,, forced and predictable. This narrative could have been more dramatically and effectively presented as a short story, The novel drifts obsessively when it should build to the  big-bang conclusion.
"She's out there. Waiting for you.

A haunting read about witchcraft and superstition from Lisa Hall...

Is her family in danger?

When Allie moves to a quaint old cottage with her husband, it's their dream home. Nestled in the village of Pluckley, it seems a perfect haven in which to raise their two children. But Pluckley has a reputation. It's known as England's most haunted village. And not long after the birth of their new son, Allie begins to notice strange things...

What's the flash of white she sees moving quickly through the woods to the back of their house? And what's the strange scratching noise coming from the chimney?

As Allie discovers more about the history of their new home, she uncovers a story of witchcraft and superstition, which casts a long shadow into the present day. And not everything is as it seems. Her family might well be in danger, but it's a danger none of them could have foreseen...

Bestseller Lisa Hall's The Woman in the Woods is full of creeping unease and nerve-wracking tension, and will have readers on the edge of their seats..."

Aw yeah, haunted villages!
Not a bad read, but I didn’t like it as much as I was expecting. I have read so many domestic thrillers with unreliable narrators, that I saw many of the twists coming. I didn’t connect with Allie at all. It’s impossible to explain why I didn’t like this novel without giving away the ending, so I will say that I enjoyed some creepy scenes in the middle of the night, with Allie standing by the window while a figure in white watches her from afar. It’s a solid book for fans of this genre, it just wasn’t for me.
I chose to read this book and all opinions in this review are my own and completely unbiased. Thank you, #NetGalley/#Harper 360, HQ!
Whoa! What a ride. It was very fast-paced. The writing style kept me hooked and I didn't find myself losing any interest. I enjoyed getting to know each of the characters and how real the story felt. The author did a great job painting the setting, so it was easy for me to visualize the scene played out before me.  I recommend giving this one a chance!
I'm a sucker for old cottages, quaint villages and a touch of spooky and this checked all the boxes. A real page turner that had me sleeping with the lights on