Cover Image: The Woman in the Woods

The Woman in the Woods

This book was decent. It was intriguing enough, but it didn’t pull me in like I wanted. The storyline was a bit predictable.
This book wasn't bad but it didn't hold my attention. It was slower paced than I prefer but had decent moments.
This book was fantastic! I really enjoyed it and it kept me guessing throughout, which is difficult for most books to do. I felt like I connected with the characters and really enjoyed the plot!
This is very slow and drawn out. Like I started and stopped probably three times and then only was able to finish it because the kid I was babysitting fell asleep and I had nothing else to do.

That is not say it's not a captivating story. It is interesting and suspenseful at times, but it's not a book I would recommend to get you out of a slump. It's maybe just one of those books to read when you have nothing else to do.
The Woman In The Woods
By: Lisa Hall
⭐️⭐️⭐️/3 stars

The idea of a witch in the woods is super chilling. Although, at parts this book had it's creepy moments, it seemed to drag on.

Allie and Rav move to the village of Pluckley, a quaint town in England. This town has quite the reputation of being haunted. Rumor is, the house they moved into is the home of a woman named Agnes that lived there hundreds of years ago. Back then she was known as a witch and tragically lost a child.

Allie starts to see, hear and find things in and around her home that soon become an obsession causing her to start neglecting her two children. Her husband and best friend, Naomi, become increasingly concerned that she is suffering from postpartum psychosis.

This book was frustrating to read at times because nobody in it seems to truly communicate! Especially when Allie suspects that Rav and Naomi are having an affair. Confront them!!! Ugh! I didn't feel like the book had a true ending of closure and that's why I gave it only three stars.

Thank you @netgalley and @harpercollins360 for this ARC for my honest review 🙂
3 for neutral, was unable to access my netgalley account for months, until today. Because of this, I was unable to see which books I needed to read.  I apologize for the inconvenience and hopefully will not have any more issues in future.
I decided to DNF this book at the 17% mark. I did not like a single character. The main character came across as whiney, while her husband Rav was just not a likable guy. Since I did not like the characters, I found it difficult to connect with the plot line. The pace of the story was also too slow for me. There was promise with the mysterious things happening in the house, but not enough to make me want to finish reading this book.
Witches
Ghosts
Haunted village
And…..
Creepy moments that will have you wondering what is going on.
This is what you will get with reading The Woman in the Woods.
Many thanks to NetGalley, the publisher and author for the opportunity to read this book for my honest review.  All opinions expressed are my own.
I could hardly put this book down as it was suspenseful throughout. I felt angry for Allie as she moves away with her young family to a small town and grows suspicious of her husband and best friend. It seems like she can trust nobody. They all make her feel like she's losing her mind. Seeing a white figure in the woods behind her house, the scratching noise in the attic, and creepy things left in/around her house do not help. You are in for a big surprise at the ending if you dare read this, and I recommend that you do! I received a free copy for my honest review.
A very slow start. It took me awhile to get into it, I’d say about 60% of the way thru is when I started getting hooked. The suspense of not knowing what was real and what wasn’t, was intense towards the end. It was a pretty good read, especially for spooky season.
This was my first Lisa Hall book. I thought this would be a great spooky, psychological thriller-perfect for Halloween. Besides some weird noises and a few scary points, this was more psychological than spooky. Allie becomes more of an unreliable narrator and out of her mind as the story continues. Instead of giving us a full ending, the touch more on mental illness, which just left me with more questions. I feel things were thrown into the story that didn’t necessarily bring value.
This was an ok read for me. It surrounds a mom who has a young girl and a newborn who is overwhelmed and exhausted. Weird things begin to happen but it was just written off as being a tired mom. Her friend, Naomi offers support but soon Allie questions why.

Thanks to NetGalley for my advance copy in exchange for my honest review.
The Woman in the Woods wasn't the worst thing I've ever read, but it certainly wasn't the best either. I fully expected to binge read this one straight through, and instead it was a flat read where I felt almost nothing. Which is disappointing, as I've heard rave reviews for some of Lisa Hall's other novels. It was just so-so for me, unfortunately.
This book has just the right setting to make you feel creeped out. It is unsettling but I thought it was a very suspenseful read. The characters are complex and the story with it's eerie feel kept me turning pages long into the night. This one was wild.
This is the perfect spooky read. Lisa Hall gives you a haunted village, witchcraft, and the spookiest atmosphere you could ask for.

Thanks to Netgalley and Harper 360 for the eARC in exchange for my honest review.
This book was packed with everything that I love about a book! It was full of mystery and ghosts and even discussed a history of the home that include witchcraft. Kept me engaged. Good read!
I wanted to like this book and in the beginning I did.  Who doesn't love a good witchy/ ghost story but I felt like it was just rushed.  I liked the story itself because I love ghost stories but then it just ends with the last chapter saying it was psychosis and then boom happy ending.
This psychological thriller is a wild ride of is she or is she not crazy.  I kept flip flopping and it wasn't until the end when I made up my mind, and I'm still not sure.  The storyline was fun, creepy, and believable.  Let's just say, I'm not trapsing through the woods after no one.  The writing was really suspenseful and drew me in from the beginning.  The quaint viliage seems nice and it's interesting Pluckley is a real place in England with a haunted history.  The house and property house lovely, but the husband pissed me off...Ok, no spoilers.  The characters were detailed well.  I really felt I knew their stories and emotions.  Especially the heartache of her friend Naomi.  I also felt the story is realistic in people down playing women's emotions, especially after a baby.  And also the feeling of loss of identity after children.  Overall a great story, I enjoyed reading.
The cover drew me to the book and the title!
This thriller kept me wanting to keep on reading .. the ending was suspenseful
Thank you NetGalley for arc !
I love a good witchy read, so when I read the synopsis of Lisa Hall’s new book, The Woman in the Woods, I couldn’t get my hands on it quickly enough!

This book would have been hard for me not to like- it includes witchcraft, a haunted village, a good mystery and all the spooky atmosphere I could ever want. I love a good setting and the spooky village portrayed here is a real place- Pluckley, known as the most haunted place in England. Witches and a haunted town!!!  I was completely hooked. This book is incredibly suspenseful which made it a quick read. I will say that I guessed the final twist but that didn’t make me like the book any less.

My one gripe about this book is that it is being promoted as horror. And while it does have supernatural elements and eerie moments, it reads much more like psychological suspense. I think this would be a great spooky season read for people that want a little witchiness, but not full on horror. Thank you to @NetGalley for an advanced arc of this book.