Cover Image: The Night Parade

The Night Parade

This is a very good book, and sometimes a little spooky. It is reminiscent of old Stephan King. Though it left me with some unanswered questions I still really enjoyed it.
Ronald Malfi is awesome! This book is a true page turner and kind of creepy at time! I highly recommend reading it and discovering this author which we don't hear from as enough as he deserve!
I'm a little torn on this book.  When I first started reading it, I immediately thought of Firestarter by Stephen King - a young girl with special gifts on the run with her father, who is trying to keep her safe and away from people who want to take her.  The book started off slowly, but eventually picked up.  However, it felt hollow to me, in a way.  I never really got the answers and closure I needed and it felt so unfinished, I went to goodreads to see if this was the first in a duology or trilogy but it doesn't look like it is.  It's a good book, but incomplete, possibly by design, but it felt unfinished.
In a world not so far removed from our own, a pandemic has decimated the population of earth. In this grim world, David Arlen is looking for a safe refuge for himself and his daughter. Two years into the pandemic, Arlen has begun to hope that the worst is over, only to wake up one day to discover that his wife has died and that he has begun to bleed through his nose and mouth. The mutation is called Wanderer’s Folly and it causes madness in those afflicted. David will do anything to protect his daughter, despite the things he’s beginning to see and hear. Malfi never disappoints, his stories are original and guaranteed to trouble your sleep