Cover Image: The Liver Cure

The Liver Cure

The Liver Cure by Dr. Russell L. Blaylock is an easy-to-read informative resource for maintaining a healthy liver.  Practical knowledge as well as doable to implement. as a part of your daily routine for better health.  I'm sure I will reference this book again & again.
Thank you, Net Galley & Humanix Books, for the opportunity to read and review this book..
Very informative and laid out in a manner that makes it easy to read and then to later reference certain parts. I found that the suggestions and advice are easily implemented. A great resource and reference.
Thank you for letting me read this book. It was very short. I felt at times the information was repetitive. I also felt a bit weird know this author is a neurosurgeon and not a liver specialist. I do feel that as a nurse there was great info to care for your liver overall.
A very short "book", can easily be read in under an hour. Most of this information was already familiar to me, but for someone recently diagnosed with Fatty Liver Disease this would be a good place to start.
A most interesting book about the liver and how to take care of it. I learnt  a few things that I didn't know anything about. Will be very wary of the artificial sweeteners from now on.
My brother has end stage liver disease as a result of abusing alcohol. I learned so much reading this book and it aligns with what I know about how my brother has been treated.  This book is very thorough - it covers all the potential causes of liver diseases as well as all of the liver problems one can experience.  I was surprised to learn that use of artificial sweetener is a major factor in liver malfunction, as are exposure to environmental toxins, eating too much gluten and being obese. The book covers various supplements, treatments and diets that one can follow to improve outcomes - from simple use of cinnamon, green tea and turmeric to following the DASH or Mediterranean diet to more specialized options depending on the issue. Garlic, broccoli, apples, oatmeal, among other foods are especially beneficial for the liver. The book does an excellent job explaining how the liver functions and I found the entire book to be easy to read.  I reviewed this book through NetGalley but received no compensation for this review. I’d recommend this book to anyone interested in the liver and anyone who is obese, regardless of whether any known liver issues exist.
The Liver Cure I found to be easy to read and follow with medical terminology but enough explanation that I felt I understood the information.  I may have a liver disorder so I was wanting to decide if this would be a good book to own as a reference.  It has the function of the liver along with symptoms of liver diseases and ways to care for you liver.  I find it to be a great source of information to educate myself and advocate for my own health where my liver is concerned.
Thoughts: Read the title and the blurb. They pretty much tell you everything that’s in the book. What it doesn’t tell you is that the author gives you this information multiple times in multiple places in the book until it becomes rather repetitive. What I find interesting is that the author is a neurosurgeon and not a liver specialist. I’ve also seen a lot of reviews that say the book and subject matter are written so as to be easy to understand. Um, not exactly. He still uses a lot of terminology that is not easy to follow.

He explains exactly what the liver is and how it works. Then he goes into problems with the liver and what cause these problems. He is definitely against people using Tylenol and not so much in favor of things like statin drugs. He also talks about our western diet (which I agree with) being too high in sugar and saturated fats. Throughout the book, he promotes various nutritional supplements all of which he points toward a specific website for you to get them. It makes me wonder how much of a vested interest he has in this company. I’m not saying his suggestions are wrong, but I am curious.

The author gives you detailed information on various liver problems, their symptoms, things in our lives that cause some of these problems, and much more. There is a lot of information here—very well detailed and with suggestions on how to fix the problem. There are also suggestions on nutrition from food and he is in favor of diets like the DASH diet and the Mediterranean diet.

Recommendation: If you have liver disease in your family or any one of another liver-related issues, I do suggest you pick this book up. There is a lot of good information here. But caveat emptor. There’s also a lot of repetition and pushing you toward a specific site and supplements. But I will say, there is an extensive listing in the back of the book on health sites where you can find information on various conditions.

Disclaimer: I received a final and/or advanced reader copy of this book with the hope that I will leave my unbiased opinion. I was not required to leave a review, positive or otherwise, and my opinions are just that… My Opinions. I am posting this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising”
I asked for this book on Netgalley because of a discovered medical problem in hope to find Some tips tombes better quickly. It is a great book for people werking in the healthcare like docters but for me as an individuel it was just to difficult to find a quick cure.
A very detailed reference book on the functions of the liver, the nutrition and lifestyle that are necessary to keep the liver healthy, the various illnesses of the liver, the treatment options, and suggestions on supplements, foods and lifestyle changes that can help recovery. A lot of information to help anyone understand how to keep one’s liver strong and healthy.

The author writes in a clear and easy to understand way, making it accessible to anyone who is interested.
Fascinating and informative book for anyone who is interested in the liver and improving their overall liver health. A really easy book to read and follow.
Having recently been diagnosed with high liver levels after a routine blood test. I've been doing all I can to help educate myself to relieve my liver problems.
Not only does this book help to solve problems people may be having with their liver, it helps to educate about issues that can cause liver problems.
It's definetely educated me in every way and more that I needed and wanted!
Great book to read. Interesting. Lots to learn from. A great wealth of information to be had. Also to put into practice.
Learning to give your liver a break is important and necessary. It's informative but most of the information is out there in the world and can be found on the internet. I thought it was good information because it is all in one place.
As everyone who enjoys a tipple at the weekend (and perhaps a glass or two during the week, if we’re being honest) will be guiltily aware, our liver works extremely hard to keep our bodies healthy. But over time, poor diet, lack of exercise and that penchant for a drink or two can take its toll, impacting our health and wellbeing.

This compact book aims to demystify the liver and actively offer ways we can live healthier and more liver-friendly lives. The language is accessible and non-judgemental - the content is informational without an overload of medical terms that can be bewildering to those lacking a degree in medicine. Key terms and conditions are defined, giving you the knowledge you need to take action and improve your health and longevity.

There are lifestyle strategies, dietary recommendations and tips, as well as remedies and wellbeing suggestions. For anyone who wants to improve their liver health without staying in for the rest of their lives drinking tap water, this could be the book for you.
in-depth, but written for a general audience. There's lots of information on the basic functioning of the liver as well as individual chapters on specific diseases. Treatment & supplement regimes are also included.
If you are on a path to healthier living, definitely add this book to your arsenal. Great starting point to better understand the inner functioning and importance of your liver in order to sustain a healthy lifestyle. Thanks NetGalley!
Informative and interesting book. Worth the read for those who wish to enhance their health. Thanks to NetGalley for a copy of this book
I started to read this book but it’s got far too much information in it to read in one go.
I have made many notes and researched several of the facts given.

An incredibly useful book when taking care of your liver.
Written for US citizens, there are a few things that are different but it all points to a similar direction.
I enjoyed this read but it was overwhelming in some ways and a let down in others.

I have NAFLD and this had some great information and breaks down each liver disease. It is odd that the way to help each one is with supplements, which my doctor does not agree with because I asked after I read this book. I have to say that the sugar parts where interesting.