Cover Image: Words on Candy Hearts

Words on Candy Hearts

What We Remember by Sarah Echavarre is a beautiful emotionally moving story of family, life, love and the challenges that life sends.  I was captivated with this story, and it is still tugging at my heart strings even now after reading it.   I highly recommend reading this book!

5 STARS!

I received this book for free. A favorable review was not required. All views expressed are my own. Thank you to Lake Union Publishing, Ms. Echavarre and Netgalley for the opportunity to read and review this book.
Started reading this book. Wasn't meant for me. Hopefully someone will enjoy it. Happy reading. I may rent it from the library in the future
what a cute read! it was so funny and a fast read. clara and ian were so cute, i loved it! thank you netgalley for the chance to read this cute book!
Totally delightful.   Easy and witty banter between Ian and Clara make this a quick and delightful read.
I honestly really found the conversation around physical attraction interesting. I haven't read a book like this and I would highly recommend. Such a sweet and funny read.
A funny, forced proximity, road trip romp!

Like Clara and Ian's relationship, this book got off to a rough start but found it's stride about 20% in!
That first 20% was jarring with ugly language but then I realized these are two really hurt people, raised by life hardened, cynical people. I think Reilly was showing raw people and not rom-com characters, at least not yet.
The rest is a series of almost-to-disastrous-to-be-funny-but-still-funny events, an unwilling roadtrip with great banter and cupcake texting, and even a jail scene.

The only thing that bugged me was at the end with Clara's way of communicating, or rather starting a conversation midway- assuming the other person knows the topic- but again, that's just her way of talking.
First off, thank you to NetGalley, the publisher, and the author for the opportunity to read an ARC of this book. I found this book refreshing, and witty, with great dialogue. It was not exactly what I was expecting, but I really did enjoy it. So much so that I finished it in one sitting. What can I say, I am a sucker for slow burn!
This one was a DNF for me. I will not be posting a review of it but thank you for sending I think people would like this one it just wasn't for me. Thank you again for the copy.
Thank you NetGalley for allowing me to read this book. This book was fun! It had deep conversations, witty banter and adventure.
It was interesting to read about the past experiences the main characters had that showed why they were the way they were.
Such a cutie read!! Will definitely reccomend to booksta friends!!! 4 stars but absolutely worthy of 5 just personal preference
If you are in need of some levity, this book is a hilarious ride...in multiple vehicles over the course of a day! Clara and Ian get caught in a tangle of misunderstandings, and end up on a journey that results in resolving some of their own issues and finding unexpected feelings. Insta-love isn’t normally a favorite trope for me, but this story was so fun that it did not matter, and the epilogue was {chef's kiss}!
"𝙔𝙤𝙪'𝙧𝙚 𝙨𝙖𝙛𝙚 𝙣𝙤𝙬."

“It’s funny the way a person’s face changes the more intimately you get to know them – – how a mean or selfish person becomes less and less attractive and a good and kind person grows more and more beautiful it’s like you stop seeing a face and start seeing a soul.”

I love how the the 2 MCs (Clara and Ian) met and the fact that he thought she was a hooker. I immediately love both of the characters. This is such a sweet story. I really enjoyed it from start to finish.

It made me laugh with all of the quirky moments throughout. Especially all of the misinformation that Ian was taking in throughout the story.

I loved the relationship that Clara had with her mom.

Ian was such an authentic person and Clara was a strong woman who didn’t compromise who she was to impress anyone. They really balanced each other.

The fact that Clara was thought to be a lady of the night in the beginning had me cracking up. Even thinking back on it after finish the book it still cracks me up.

It was a good book and if this month wasn’t so busy I could’ve easily devoured it in a couple of days.

I definitely recommend it and think it would make an adorable movie.
An interesting and unexpected love story, Words on Candy Hearts had me laughing out loud often and invested in Ian and Clara's relationship!
This book was not what I expected, in a wonderful way. When I saw the cover and read the plot summary, I thought this would be one of those clichéd billionaire romances where they have an animal attraction at first sight and go on a bunch of wild adventures only the 1% can afford. But it was not that at all. It was both unconventional and (fairly) realistic in its own way, and I laughed at almost every page. I loved when the jokes caught me by total surprise, which was often. (The merch! You'll get it when you get there!) And ok, there were a few overly corny moments, but that's what a lot of other people want in a RomCom, so I'll take it. I guess by almost not giving this book a chance in the first place I proved the lesson of the book itself: that we are more than first impressions.
This was a first time read for me by this author and it definitely won't be my last. I found it to be an absolutely delightful and cute story. It was an insta-love story with a fun and entertaining storyline and was a quick read. The story caught my attention from the beginning and held it all the way through. I enjoyed the writing style, it kept me interested and engaged and I had a lot of fun reading this book. The storyline flowed nicely and the romance was wonderful and there were plenty of humorous moments that had me laughing out loud or just generally left me with a smile on my face. I totally got caught up in Clara and Ian's story. This was a fun and easy read. The characters were interesting and I enjoyed the witty banter between Clara and Ian. A fun flirty romantic comedy that I am happy to have had the opportunity to read!
I received a complimentary copy from Netgalley and am voluntarily leaving my review.
Fall fast and hard after an initial wrong footing, then slow burn your way to the end of the book! I liked this more than expected and was really charmed by the end and attached to the characters. I’m not sure the cover covers how good the book is, or rather, how not sugary sweet it is! I was pleased by the uncommon messages of sex positivity and sex work. This will be author I look for in the future.
Such an appealing premise - a pretty and intelligent PhD candidate who does not want to be loved for her looks and a rich and smart heir-apparent who does not want to be loved for his money meet in unlikely circumstances.

Enter Clara and Ian, each recovering from recent breakups, who are suddenly thrown together in a car and embark on a fast paced romantic adventure. There is laugh out loud humor, family drama, pouring out of souls, and just enough spice. The main characters’ backstories were superb and really helped us understand where they were coming from. Although their spark was clearly palpable, the story would have benefitted from a bit more development of their relationship to make their connection more believable.  Overall, a quick and fun read that really makes you question those common stereotypes we are all used to.

Special thanks to NetGalley and Rhapsodic press for sharing this digital copy with me in exchange for my honest review.
It's been a long time since a book has surprised me by making me spontaneously laugh out loud, but Words on Candy Hearts by Augusta Reilly did just that. And not just one time either. I found myself laughing and chuckling my way through this fun and quirky romance.
The dialogue is witty and quick, and the fact that almost the entire book takes place over a period of a day, and in a variety of vehicles no less, makes the skill with which Reilly presents the transition from the two main characters hating each other to falling in love even more remarkable. The back and forth point of view from Clara to Ian provides plenty of humour and keeps the story moving along quickly, and keeps the reader eagerly turning the pages.
An unusual romance story. Heroine mistakes the hero car for her own and passes out drunk after spending an evening with her mother at the bar. Heroine's mother has been brainwashing daughter to believe that no man would want her because she is blonde busty and beautiful and she actually has brains..... WHATEVER. Hero finds heroine in his car ..... passed out and ends up sleeping fitfully in the passenger set of the car until morning.
Thru a series of mishaps.....I'll let you read to find out.
Both Hero and Heroine have a lot to learn and misconceptions and mayhem bring them closer, This was a 3 1/2 star read being that I felt the ending of the book was kind of abrupt.

I was provided this book by netgalley for an open and honest review.
Words on Candy Hearts
by Augusta Reilly
Thank you to GetRed PR Books and the publisher for including me on the book tour for Words on Candy Hearts and the advanced reading copy of the book.
This was an ok book. Just not realistic, all this in 14 hours. I just didn't find it as a book to be commended as a rom-com.