Cover Image: Midnight at the Shelter

Midnight at the Shelter

Midnight at the Shelter by Nanci T. Steveson was received directly from the publisher and I chose to review it.  Generally, I choose to read and review horror books.  Sometimes I want to change up with a young adult-type book and I am glad I chose this one.  Written in the sense that a dog is telling the reader the story, if you read to your children before bed, or want to start doing so, this is a excellent book to read.  As always I will not go into the plot, as most every other reviewer does that, but this book moves along, rarely drags down in useless dialogue and is a quick read.  With the holiday season fast approaching, this book could be a good stocking stuffer.

4 Stars
Thank you to the publisher and NetGalley for the e-arc of this book.

This book will be perfect for lovers of animals and animal stories!
This heartfelt and joyful story definitely has some dog voices, MahDi and Ozzie, telling us what’s going with their owner vet MomDoc. They help her when she goes to the shelter when she checks on other dogs. When MahDi and Ozzie learn that there will be a temporary caretaker,Huck, at the shelter, the other dogs let them know they don’t have a good feeling about him. When there’s a fire at another shelter, more dogs come to where Huck is and he becomes angry and more nervous. He lets the extra dogs know he wants to get rid of them. MahDi and Ozzie find out (they know everything) and come up with a plan, Can they pull it off in time?