Cover Image: The God Shot

The God Shot

I have enjoyed Tara-Leigh Coble's podcast for some time now so I was excited when I saw she had written a devotional.  I was definitely not disappointed.  I really liked the structure of this 100 day devotional.  Each day centers around a name or attribute of God.  A day includes a few verses of scripture from the New Testament, a short teaching by the author, and some reflection questions.  The author's words are concise, but very helpful.  I liked that even on a busy day where I was short on time, I could still complete the reading.

Thank you to the publisher and Netgalley for a copy of this devotional.  All opinions expressed are entirely my own.
I am a fan on The Bible Recap on the bible app and Tara Leigh Cobble. The devotions are very short so you will not feel overwhelmed when trying to keep up.  Tara adds context to the scripture reading and asks you probing questions at the end. My bible study group is considering it for our next bible study book.
I recommend it.
I have the Bible Recap edition and have enjoyed it.  This book, "The God Shot" is also well worth it.  The short daily devotionals and the scripture were really great and really provided valuable insight in getting to know God more intimately.  Definitely worth reading.
I unfortunately wasn't too impressed with this book. I was disappointed. Maybe I just expected more, something different. Personally, it's scriptures, overall, didn't resonate with me. The questions that the author asks for each reading were on point though. In that regard I was pleased. It gives the reader more to think about and to open a conversation with God.
As a fan of The Bible Recap, I had to grab this.  I was not disappointed.

It has what we have come to expect from Tara-Leigh Cobble; "100 Snapshots of God's Character in Scripture."  "The God of Peace, The God of Resurrection, The God of Patience", and many, many more chapters.  You can go from Day 1 to Day 100, or go to what you're feeling that day.  Tara-Leigh has scripture followed by her commentary, along with questions to consider.

A great addition to The Bible Recap collection!
Seeking God

"The God Shot" is very inspiring book consisting of 100 days of getting to know God more intimately. Tara-Leigh Cobble provides a devotional for each day with a particular scripture that demonstrates who God is and His greatness. Additionally, the author provides a discussion that is pertinent to the scripture provided.

This is a very good book of devotions to meditate on and listen to God on a daily basis.

I highly recommend this book to anyone who loves seeking God daily.
I love Tara-Leigh Cobble & have done the Bible Recap twice. I was excited to see this devotional offered. It is a great way to get a snapshot of what she does in the Bible Recap. This is a great devotional for quick dives into God & how He's where the joy is!

Thanks to the publisher & NetGalley for advanced copy in exchange for my honest review
This was daily short devotionals with an attached  Bible verse,  for me,I wanted more.,  after reading it, I didn’t feel like  it gave me an ah ha moment or taught me anything.
At this point in my walk this was not enough, for some it could be a perfect me.
Just not me
As soon as I saw the title of this book, I was interested. A year ago, our church did a Bible study on God and how important it is to live a God-centered life. Since then, I’ve been a lot more aware of God-centric messages in songs and books, and have tried to incorporate more awareness of Him, his attributes, and His works in my life. So when I saw this book, I knew I was interested. A whole devotional studying God’s names and attributes as illustrated through the books of the New Testament? Yes, please!

I grew to really appreciate this devotional. Taking one passage from each of the New Testament books, you spend anywhere from one day up to around ten days studying that section of Scripture, with one particular attribute of God as a special focus of those verses. Each day, you study one or two verses from the passage you’re in, and there is a three- or four-paragraph devotional to read each day. If you were just to read the verse and the devotional, I think it would probably take somewhere between 60 and 90 seconds to get through—super quick, super easy bite-sized pieces of God’s word. Or, if you have more time to study, you could take time to look at the surrounding chapter (or chapters!) for more context.

My only complaint about this book? It wasn’t longer! I thoroughly enjoyed the 100 days I spent going through this, and hope there will be more books like this coming out in the future—we’ll see! This would make an excellent gift for a busy mother or college student, or anyone else who wants to grow in their faith and learn to see God’s character more clearly through the Scriptures.

I was given a review copy of this book, and this is my honest opinion of it.
The God Shot is set up a lot like The Bible Recap. It goes through the New Testament, not necessarily in order nor covering the entire New Testament, but focusing on 100 explanations of God's character in scripture, covering The God of Peace, The God who protects us, The God of wisdom, the God who steadies us just to name a few. It's set up by naming The God ____, followed by scripture that details that title, with a verse highlighted as the focus, followed by a devotional that is set up to review what scripture said, a refocus on how we should be, and an application section that asks questions on personal reflection and how we can apply this to our lives. Very well done!
*I received a copy of this book from NetGalley. This review is my own opinion*
As I’ve been going through the Bible Recap program now now for the second year in a row, I was very excited to see this book!

If you haven’t heard of the Bible Recap it’s a reading plan to get through the Bible (or thrive through it, I should say) in one year. There is a podcast that goes to with it that you can listen to each day. They’re short, and a good “recap” on what you just read with pertinent facts or historical insights tied in. At the end of each podcast TlC asks what your God shot was - where you say God’s character in that day’s reading: because, after all, we read the Bible to learn more about God’s character.

This book is a devotional that looks at scripture from the New Testament. One scripture each day for 90 days that lets you see an interesting God shot and had a devotional that expounds on said God shot.

I definitely recommend this book if you want to dig more deeply into God’s character through scripture.
When I saw Tara-Leigh Cobble was making a devotional, I knew I had to check it out. Her podcast The Bible Recap is one of my favorite Bible study tools, so any book she writes is one I need to read.

“The God Shot” is 100 days worth of Bible verses reflecting on Who God is. She provides bite sized verse selections and deep digging questions to create a more intentional Bible reading time.

I enjoyed this devotional a lot. Cobble is well researched and asks the big questions in an easy manner. If you’re struggling to get back into reading the Bible or just need something different to study with, this is definitely the book for you. Overall, I gave this one 5 stars!

Thanks to NetGalley and Bethany House Publishers for the ARC in exchange for my honest review. “The God Shot” hits shelves October 4th!
I loved this addition to the Bible Recap. As a big a Bible Recap fan, hearing more from Tara Leigh Cobble was exciting for me!
Tara-Leigh Cobble of the Bible Recap Podcast has written another amazing book. Her daily devotions take one verse in the Bible that shows a one of God's character.
The short, daily devotional readings are powerful. Every days' devotion were based in Truth, but many spoke to me and struggles I was facing at the time and encouraged me. Many devotionals are too long or too fluffy, but this was a perfect quick devotion that took reader to a deeper level. I will be giving this devotion to others for Christmas because it is one of the best devotionals I have used.
I received a complimentary copy of this book through NetGalley, but all opinions are my own.
The God Shot by Tara-Leigh Cobble is a handy devotional to keep with you!  100 short scripture and thoughts to ponder, offer a thought provoking quick devotional to have on the run or to use to begin your prayer time.  Have really enjoyed The God Shot!!  Thank you NetGalley and Bethany House Publishers for the opportunity to read and review.
A good, quick 100 day devotional that focuses on Scripture that reflects the attributes of God and includes thought-provoking questions at the end of every day.

"Grace isn't an excuse to sin. Grace is forward moving - it's God's work in our lives as an agent of change, calling us beyond where we are. It equips us to grow."

I received an eARC of this book from the publisher via NetGalley. All opinions expressed in this review are my own.
The God Shot
by Tara-Leigh Cobble
Pub Date: October 2022
Bethany House
Thanks to the author, publisher, and NetGalley for the ARC devotional. I have been listening to Tara's podcast for a while  In this 100-day devotional, trusted Bible teacher Tara-Leigh Cobble explores powerful sections from each book of the New Testament. Each day's reading points toward a name or attribute of God from that passage. These snapshots are dense with theological truth, helping you grow in the truth of His character and rest in His goodness and kindness. Great devotional for the new believer. Not a lot of depth or anything new here.
4 stars
I really enjoyed this book. You can tell that Cobble does a lot of research and dedicated a lot of time to making sure the book is accurate. I felt like I learned a lot while reading this book. The daily readings had depth and I appreciated that. Overall, it was a great book and I hope to read more from Cobble in the future.
The God Shot takes the reader through key passages found in each book of the New Testament and breaks down the passage a verse a day. The reading highlights a key attribute of God and how the verse points to his characteristics. These snapshots help a person studying the Bible see God through out the Bible.
I really like the Bible Recap reading plan, as well as the podcast devotionals so I was interested in The God Shot. Now, devotionals by nature are very short but I felt like there wasn't too much content in these ones. For every day there was a passage from the Bible and a short devotional but these weren't anything too special. However, I feel like this would be a good devotional for new believers so it's still worth the read.