Cover Image: Murder Is Revealing

Murder Is Revealing

Love arm chair sleuth books. This one was really interesting  and had me guessing the entire time. Reminded me of women's murder club series a bit. I wish thst it had been  longer and also sincerely hope that there are .ore books to this.
This was a good read. It followed the story of Myaisha who is in a local writers group and when things turn for the worse she is left to solve a murder within her new group,

Thank you NetGalley for the early read!
Dr Myaisha Douglas is a member of a writing club - Greensboro Women of Color Writing Group. when one of the members is murdered, Myaisha decides that she will investigate the murder of her friend.

Myaisha soon becomes entangled in the investigation  and is warned away by the Police. Then the main suspect also turns up murdered, and Myaisha wonders why she is interfering, but wants the killer bought to justice.

Not a bad read.
In Murder is Revealing Myaisha tries to find out who killed her friend Candance, but the more she learns about the business dealings of Candance, the more she wonders if she really knew her friend.

The plot sounds good and Myaisha is a likeable protagonist. She’s smart, successful in her work, and compassionate about her friends. There were two things that kept me from enjoying this story.

The first was the POV switches. Myaisha is the main protagonist, but sometimes the story switches to Detective Gamble, Candace’s husband Adán or another character to reveal some secret Myaisha is unlikely to find out. Because the POV lime light wasn’t shared equally, these side steps felt forced. As if there would not have been enough story to tell if only Myaisha was followed.

The other thing that made this story hard work was the narrative style. Its verbosity: hardly anyone in this story walks. They amble (15 counts), saunter (19), traipse (3) and even lumber rather than walk. The sentence structure to avoid the word she/Myaisha: “Typing resumed” On it’s own? (as a side note: Myaisha can type up patient notes while holding a conversation about a completely unrelated topic?) And sometimes the just plain odd choice of words: “she almost urinated when some rapped on the door” When you almost wet your pants when you get spooked, it’s a figure of speech. When the word urinated is used, it sounds more like a medical condition.
I  love reading diversity  and mystery fiction. This one is about Dr Myaisha Douglas, a local doctor and aspiring mystery writer. She joins a local writers group for Women of Color. One of her friends and writers group member, Candace Knight, is murdered and Myaisha finds herself solving a real life murder mystery. It was a good book and cant wait to read the rest of the series
Dr Myaisha Douglas, widowed at a young age and avid reader of murder mysteries and detective novels has always had a secret longing to be able to solve a murder; but it is a case of be careful what you might sort of ask for, when her long-time friends Candice Knight turns up dead.
Murder is Revealing from Michelle Corbier is a rather wandering murder mystery in the cozy style, delightful to while away a wet, dreary afternoon and while not a taxing read, she has managed to hide the murderer for the entire book.
 Who done it, really done it, is a complete mystery to both Myaisha and the local police force Detectives as the further they dig into Candice Knights life and backstory, the more suspects there are; far more than Myaisha could have ever imagined.
She and Candice have been friends for many years, but the depth of Candice Knight’s dishonest business dealings rocks her belief in herself and their friendship. The further she searches for the truth she discovers so many of her friends from the church and the Greensbro Women of Colour Writing Group, a group both Myaisha and Candice belonged to, have been scammed, and not in a small way either.
As the day’s wear on, Myaisha is no closer to finding out any more about the murderer than are the Detectives, but when the prime suspect ends up dead and Myaisha is placed in danger, purely buy association with Candice’s husband, she is warned to stay away. There is no place for amateurs, no matter how willing in what is fast turning out to be a somewhat deadly affair.
As a first novel Murder is Revealing starts off in a rather verbose manner, but eventually gathers pace. A considerable amount of American jargon is used, which to non-American readers is off-putting, but overall the plot is strong. With some careful editing and a bit less verbosity, this would be a tight knit, entertaining ‘Who Done it’, rather than a slow burn.
How well do we know our friends? Myaisha would like to write crime novels and when one of her oldest friends is murdered she is keen to find out why and who.... This leads her to find out things that she is not sure she wants to know. I enjoyed this and would recommend it.
I enjoyed reading this debut mystery written in the style of the traditional whoduunit. The central character was interesting and the mystery was fairly well done. It is a breezy read, the kind which is perfect when you want to escape from the world into the pages of a book. Given that this is the author's debut, i am looking forward tonreading more books in the series.
A good mystery thriller that I enjoyed my time with. A new to me author that I discovered and will be reading more from in the future. I normally don’t do cozy mysteries but this was fun to escape with for a little while.
The kind of twisty, jet-fueled mystery thriller that explodes on page one and has you happily abandoning work, sleep, and life as you race to the stunning end. Don't miss it!
Enjoyed this cosy mystery. When Candace is found murdered, her friend Dr. Myaisha decides to try her hand in finding her killer. She soon discovers that there is so much about Candace she doesn't know and so many people wanted Candace dead. Negotiating with the police and trying to make sense of her friend's death, Myaisha finally pieces the mystery together.

Thank you Netgalley and BooksGoSocial for the ARC
This book was great, the characters were well developed.  The plot was interesting. Highly recommend it.
Well Crafted Whodunnit…
The first in The Write Club mystery series finds Dr Myaisha Douglas joining a writing club and harbouring great ambitions of becoming a writer. She gets way more than she bargained for. When another member turns up dead, Myaisha turns amateur sleuth. After all, not only is she well versed in medicine but she’s also spent numerous years as an armchair detective. Is she now harbouring ambitions greater than she can cope with? Find out in this engaging whodunnit with a well crafted cast of characters and an intriguing storyline.
This ARC was provided to me via Kindle, BooksGoSocial  and  by #NetGalley. Opinions expressed are completely my own.

Gripping, edge of the seat tape you won’t put down. Clear your schedule.