Cover Image: How to Party Like a Snail

How to Party Like a Snail

Thanks to Netgalley and Owlkids Books for a free digital copy.

A charming little book about Snail and his preference for quiet parties. I like that he learns to embrace what he likes no matter what anyone else says.
Oh my goodness, what an absolutely lovely take on a party! I am an incredibly huge fan of How to Party Like a Snail on so many levels. Personally, this is a book I can really connect with in general, but I also know it’s something that one of my nieces would absolutely appreciate.

And on that note, it’s really important, I think, for young kids who are shy to see themselves in the character of snail and others to recognize that they might have snails in their own lives also. It would be my greatest hope that this book brings about a better understanding of those who appreciate the quiet parties and allow for others to join in as well.
Okay, if you’re not sold on this title, then you’re wrong. Not only are these illustrations absolutely adorable, but the partying snail is pretty relatable. Snail prefers the quite things about parties, like confetti, using his indoor voice to make new friends, and the like, and is a little out of his comfort zone when the music starts bumping and things get loud (who can relate?). The noise makes the snail sink back and hide into his shell. Unfortunately, snail’s shyness and introverted nature keep him from being invited to a lot of parties. However, after letting himself feel down and out for a while, snail has the brilliant idea to throw his own party. This one is precious, and shows us all that it’s okay to like what we like, and to have our own preferences, even though we may be in the minority. That being said, a party isn’t a party without the friends we love, as this one does a beautiful job of illustrating.
Snail likes parties and he likes his friends...he just likes them best when they're not quite so loud.   While Snail is perfectly cordial, positive, and self-accepting about his appreciation for quiet, some of the other animals just don't get it and, unfortunately, start to exclude Snail.    This makes Snail sad and he begins to doubt himself, but a friend helps him come to a better understanding of the situation.

I absolutely adored how Snail managed to own his preferences while still focusing on the good of situations instead of complaining or putting down others' ideas of fun.   Unfortunately, he wasn't paid the same courtesy by his other "friends" and I was disappointed that this wasn't acknowledged or resolved in the story.  I'm glad he found a kindred spirit and his own fun, but would have loved to have seen the other animals accepting him as he his or meeting him halfway, as he'd been willing to do for them.   That felt like a missed opportunity.   That said, this is still an amusing and charming book and a great way to start a conversation with kids about accepting others, and one's self, just as they are.

Many thanks to the publisher and NetGalley for the opportunity to read and review!
This was adorable! We follow Snail as he goes to a few parties. But Snail isn't really a fan of loud noises. So Snail decides to throw his own quiet party with his friend Stump. They do all the fun things, listen to quiet songs, wear comfy pajamas, and get in blanket burritos. Overall this was a fantastic, cute book and I would highly recommend it!
Very cute!  Great book for those looking to discuss sensory issues, loneliness, and respecting your own comfort levels.
Someone who is loud will stand out in a crowd.  But not everyone wants that. It  can be  glorious to be yourself if you happen to be a quiet introvert. So how do you party like a snail? Read this book and find out.

A delightful concept, a good message  and fun, bright, colorful  illustrations that young students will love make this a worthwhile addition to a library or home collection.
This is a sweet book that explains the difficulty children who might have sensory issues, or just feel more comfortable in a calm atmosphere, experience while out of their element. The picture book would be great for everyone to help them understand different perspectives.
As a self affirmed introvert, I loved this book. The illustrations were so cute and I love the message that are many different ways to have fun. Just because someone is quiet, it doesn't mean they are not having a good time and snail reminds us that we should always just be ourselves.
A very cute little picture book about a snail who likes to party... Or does he? Good book addressing introverts and I liked how the advice at the end was a little different - it's ok to make your own party, but it's also fun to party with a friend who also likes a quiet low-key shindig. Will be purchasing for our school library.
A delightful story of a snail who prefers things a little quieter than some of his friends. Naseem does an excellent job of explaining the feelings of those who don't quite fit in, being left out, and discovering a friend.
I received an arc of this title from NetGalley for an honest review.  Snail loves parties, especially the quiet things that happen at them. When being quiet is no longer fun for his friends, they stop inviting snail, but maybe he misses being loud too?
Finding your people is so important! I was relieved when Snail found his, and also learned his particular party style. A great book about comfort zones being a GREAT thing ;) Why step out of them??
This book came onto my radar through a Booklist webinar, and I snagged an eARC through Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. Thank you both!

Okay, this story is cute as hell! As someone who struggles with anxiety, I can strongly relate to snail's preference for the quieter parts of parties. I, too, sometimes just want to drink a warm beverage and talk in an inside voice with a friend. How to Party Like a Snail is an adorable, hilarious story perfect for the littles in your life who also struggle with loud, crowded events. Every kid deserves to see their differences normalized, and those who suffer from over-stimulation will feel comforted by this sweet tale.
I received an ARC of this children's book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

This book is adorable. It's funny and it has a great message. And the pictures are wonderful!
We need books like this. A party-loving snail who enjoys quiet time best desires to party as silently as possible. This can be projected onto people who are introverted and/or experience sensory overload. This picture book also promotes inclusion—we have different wants, personalities, and party ways. I read this via NetGalley, courtesy of the publisher.
Thank you, NetGalley, for an e-ARC of How to Party Like a Snail by Naseem Hrab.
This is a sweet book about a snail that wants to party with his friends, but can't handle the noise. A story of finding friendship while dealing with a sensory processing disorder. Beautifully illustrated; a book that will appeal to young children.
Very sweet book about finding friends who enjoy the same things as you do, with permission that it's okay to be quiet if you want to be. For grades K & up.
I'm crying this is the cutest most relatable book I've read in a looooong time. I am a snail, and would have loved to have this book in my family's collection when I was a small introverted snail child with a whole bunch of sensory issues. Instead I will allow myself to be an introverted snail adult with a whole bunch of sensory issues who still likes to party like a snail. I can't wait to introduce this book to story time at the library and I've already recommended it to friends. Thanks so much for this one. I love it so much!
I would party with Snail any time! Snail enjoys parties, especially the quiet parts like throwing confetti and making a wish before blowing out candles, but his friends enjoy being loud and don't understand why Snail won't participate in all the (loud) fun. Eventually Snail stops getting invited to parties and has to figure out how to throw his own fabulously quiet party. This is a sweet and funny story about sensory overload, being an introvert, and finding joy in the calm.