Cover Image: Dead of Spring

Dead of Spring

I really enjoyed this story. It drew me in and kept me turning the page waiting to see what happened next. There was a bit of suspense, there was tension, and the characters came alive on the page. I look forward to more in this series!.
The story started off interesting but after a few chapters it was clear what / who the villain was and it just seemed long to get to the resolution.
Dead of Spring, is a great who did it type book. It is a quick read so perfect for a weekend or vacation.
It’s been a year since Liam, Josie’s boyfriend was killed in an accident at their logging company. Quin, Liam’s best friend and business partner, shows up on Josie’s doorstep. He left several months after the accident because he was accused of burning down a bar. He thinks Liam’s death was no accident and has come back to prove it. Somebody tries to run over Josie and then she is kidnapped and Quin will do whatever it takes to get her back.
Great story. Suspense and sexy. Friends to lovers. I had a feeling about who the killer was but wasn’t sure. I’ll have to check out the rest in the series. I loved it.

* Voluntarily read and reviewed this for NetGalley *
The book is a romantic thriller. A quick and fast paced read. The plot and writing was very average. The romance and suspense is not very believable
This book was ok.  It was a really fast read, a little too fast.  It went from zero to sixty in the blink of an eye I feel.  It had a pretty intense twist toward the end that I was not expecting.  I feel like we didn't get to know the main characters, and this was just a small excerpt taken from a moment of some strangers you just met.  All in all, it wasn't terrible, but it wasn't too great either.
Samantha Wilde is a new-to-me-author and ‘Dead of Spring’ is a short and sharp distraction of a novella that helps you wind your way off the beaten-track of life for a few hours before leading you back to it. I picked this up because the blurb was my kind of thing with that hint of the forbidden, with some suspense thrown into it.

And generally, it was an average read all around; Quin/Josie did seem a convincing pair though it felt like an instant-lust/love type given the length of the novella, though that didn’t come without the prerequisite troubles in their way. In the end, I’d could accept their HEA, but wondered at the strength of their connection past the dramatic climax.

There were some odd elements (certain pieces of dialogue, phrasing, contextual clues, even the characters’ way of thinking and expressions) which I couldn’t exactly reconcile with the entirety of the story as it did feel as though I was plopped straight in the centre of an ongoing drama and had only a small glimpse of a romance section within. That did contribute somewhat to the implausibility of the plot and some things didn’t add up exactly with the picture I’d built up by the time I’d finished the book, or maybe there were just some questions I had left that just weren’t adequately addressed at all.

Still, a fast read if you want a quickie of sorts, more so if you're able to keep that suspension of disbelief throughout.