Cover Image: What Comes Before Dawn

What Comes Before Dawn

If you enjoy reading psychological thrillers, then What Comes Before Dawn is the book you need to read!!

There is suspense, twists and turns, and well-crafted characters that make this a great read.
Excellent  book with lots of twist and turns! Kept me guessing as not everything is what it seems. I really connected with Paige. Loved this and want it read more from this author
Poor Paige has a lot to come to terms with in this thriller which tests her understanding of the most important relationships in her life.  Uncovering the history to her life is fascinating and the author does a great slow reveal.  I’m not sure the paranormal element added much but it was certainly something a bit different.
First in a series of books. Paige’s mother is not who she appears to be. This was a good mystery/ crime book with lots of plot twists
This is the first book that the author Addison Michael has read, and it is also a good book. I've read murder thrillers before, but this one was really good.
From start to finish this story was well put together, through the suspense and danger, secrets even murders much more, but also the many twists and turns in it and nothing was what it seemed, you were surprised from start to finish. Paige has to endure a lot in her search for her mother's murder because it is not what it seems and everything she thought is no longer true, so she sets out to find out the truth about everything and who she is now considered to be. there were many secrets. This book is definitely recommended!

I was provided an ARC from NetGalley to leave my own honest voluntary review.
What Comes Before Dawn, Book #1 in the Mynart Mystery Thriller has quite an interesting plotline. A mother who suffers from blackouts, having no memory of the time spent, but still remains functional and carries out daily activities has an alluring enigma to it. I sympathize with those suffering with it thou but like Amnesia, this is a plot device that can be twisted in any number of ways to create jaw-dropping thrillers and I did expect one going into Addison Michael’s What Comes Before Dawn. What came as an unexpected addition is the reveal of the whodunnit of the murder which had me gobsmacked, coming out of nowhere.

For readers who love a fast-paced mystery, What Comes Before Dawn would certainly be appealing. But for fans of mystery thrillers who read many novels in the genre, this story would be exciting to read but not gripping enough, and the reasons for this are several. For starters, the POV of the BAD GUY alternating with Paige’s had no element of thrill. I mean the reader is very much aware of who the BAD GUY is in the story and who is stalking Paige so, the psychological scare of being terrorized by someone is lost. Secondly, the twists in the story except for the final one never induce any surprise, coz most books in the genre have the same or similar surprises and then there is the logical implausibility of certain details in the story like the fact that Paige is able to more or less walk into a witness room inside a police station and then she is also able to walk inside a crime area and check things without being once questioned or stopped by anyone, well, I didn't feel it gelled all that smoothly.

What works exceedingly well, though in What Comes Before Dawn is the subtle dark plotline that runs in the story, and with a small paranormal element added in, it keeps the readers engaged from start to finish.

3.5 engaging stars.

Looking forward to knowing how Paige moves forward in her life and what new mystery is waiting for her.

Many thanks to NetGalley, BooksGoSocial, and the author for a chance to read and review this book. All opinions are expressed voluntarily.

This review is published on my blog https://rainnbooks.com/, Goodreads, Amazon India, Book Bub, Medium.com, Facebook, and Twitter.
This is a very well-paced thriller that draws the reader in right away and has some twists and turns until the end - can't tell more but would recommend it for a vacation or Sunday read! Entertaining and well written.

Thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for providing a copy!!!
Excellent twist and turns in the mystery thriller.  No one is exactly what Paige expected.  As she discovers more about her mother and her life the more she learns she isn't who she thought she was.  I liked the pace and how the discoveries kept changing where the story seemed to be heading. The book kept me interested and turning pages.
This is a brilliant read.
Wonderful well writtDawn occurs just after the darkest part of night, that eerie time between midnight and morning when most are sleeping. What comes before dawn?

Paige Deffer’s mother has been murdered. Her boyfriend isn’t who she thought he was. The more secrets, lies, and murders that are revealed, the more Paige’s world unravels around her. Paige must delve into her hidden psyche to discover who she really is before she becomes the next target.

Paige begins to question everything she thought she knew about her life. When people from her mother’s past start showing up, Paige doesn’t know who she can trust. Is one of them her mother’s murderer? Paige must unveil the secrets of her mother’s past – and her own – before the truth of her death will dawn.

This is a brilliant read.
Wonderful well written plot and story line that had me engaged from the start.
Love the well fleshed out characters and found them believable.
Great suspense and found myself second guessing every thought I had continuously.
Can't wait to read what the author brings out next.
Recommend reading.

I was provided an ARC from NetGalley and the publisher.  This is my own honest voluntary review.en plot and story line that had me engaged from the start.
Love the well fleshed out characters and found them believable.
Can't wait to read what the author brings out next.
Recommend reading.

A complex and weird story. Thriller with many suspects but not quite doing it for me, didn't thrill me and seemed disconnected.
This book was great, the characters were well developed.  The plot was interesting. Highly recommend it.
There were lots of twists and turns in this novel and I wasn’t really sure who to trust – everyone seemed to be keeping secrets and lying about what they were up to. There were several red herrings and some misdirection that had me suspecting all kinds of things! I was trying to guess what was happening and kept changing my mind. This was definitely an intriguing and absorbing read. I really enjoyed this book and it will appeal fans of thrillers.
Wow! Wow wow. I couldn’t put this book down. It was beyond captivating. So much happening but still it was easy to follow. Addison Michael may be my new favorite author. This book kept me guessing til the end. I had my suspicions but wasn’t 100% sure. At the end, everything comes full circle. I’m happy to know the story continues as there are more books after this one. Highly recommend this book.
I really enjoyed this murder thriller. Twists and turns and an ending that totally surprised me. Highly recommend.
This is one of the best thrillers I've read this year.Lots of twists, character reveals that are of worthy of your gasp response. Don't miss this one. I'm on to the second of this series.
I think that the best word to describe this book with is: fine. 2.5 stars is not an option, but that is what I really wanted to give this book because it just falls flat in the middle.

The book was very predictable and leaned heavily on suspense fiction tropes. The author wanted us to be surprised, but I felt no surprise at all. I know that this book is fiction, but the storyline made no logical sense in any manner. Additionally, I hated the fact that one of the characters was just referred to as "Bad Guy" in his POV chapters. Once I read that, there was no way in which I could take any of this book seriously.
I've got to say this book has me in it's clutches, lots of twist that kept me guessing. The ending was unexpected, i love a book that is not predictable. Thank you, i enjoyed reading it. Definitely a 5 ⭐ for me
Good book! This book had suspense, intrigue, murder, mystery, and some paranormal elements to it! A few who done it too! The storyline was interesting and flowed nicely! I will recommend reading this book as it was worth reading! Thank you Netgalley and the publisher for sharing this book with me!
This book was sent to me by Netgalley for review…this author has woven a story that is unique…mother and daughter…murder…secrets..intrigue…love and romance…. Family dynamics…the past, the present…the future…history repeats itself…the characters are not likable at all.  The story slows down at times…does come to a surprising end. This is just an unusual mystery…I did not guess what would happen…