Cover Image: Super Animals. The Loudest

Super Animals. The Loudest

This educational but also fun book focuses on nine animals, all of which are the loudest of the loud. From the King of the Jungle – the lion – to the rooster, donkey, frog, owls, shrimp, and more, this one will entertain your little ones with its beautiful illustrations and also allow them to learn about why these animals are so much louder than most. Warning: You will be asked for a zoo trip after this one.
This book is an absolute joy to read! It includes big, colourful images for each animal and is packed with interesting facts. It includes size (relative to the size of a human hand) and speed (relative to the speed of a car) comparisons, types of enemies, food they to eat, and habitat information for each animal. I would certainly buy this book as it is just as fun and educational to read as an adult as it is for kids.
I received an arc of this title from NetGalley for an honest review. A fun, informative book about loud animals like the lion, howler monkey, and common frog.
Thanks to Netgalley and Clavis for a free digital copy.

This Super Animals series knocks it out of the park again! These books are beautiful and chock full of facts that are fascinating.
I got this on Netgalley in exchange for an honest review!

I've read a few of the books in this series, and I enjoyed this one too! A wide variety of animals both in terms of habitat, type and size, and you the facts you learn are presented in a very clear way.  I also love the art style of these books, and feel like they capture the animals perfectly!

Would recommend these to anyone wanting to learn more about different types of animals!
This was a fun picture book. My children all really enjoyed it and requested we read it again and again. The illustrations are delightful. Many thanks to the author, publisher, and NetGalley for the advanced copy of the book.
For inquiring young minds, an educational book for children that not only informs but gives great detail to the nine loudest animals. To the animal lover in all of us, we will appreciate what we learn and give our children a love for the world around us.

A special thank you to Clavis Publishing and Netgalley for the ARC and the opportunity to post an honest review.
The illustrations are beautiful and fun. This book is probably best for kids that can handle more information than tiny kids.
Super Animals. The Loudest by Reina Olivier; Karel Claes is an interesting story about animals. I think my ten year grandson might like this book as he loves animals.
The publisher's blurb gives a listing of the fauna highlighted in the book. Some are predators, some are prey, some land based, some water based, but all are capable of loudly expressing themselves.
The first page of each section is a well-executed drawing of the fauna followed by an Audubon style page of illustrated details of each complete with a glossary, and further followed by a more general illustrated page in which the fauna speaks to the reader about life and habitat. Terrific nonfiction resource!
This is one in a very interesting zoological series for sharing and reading WITH children of all ages and the wordings are good for ESL as well.
The illustrations by Steffie Padmos, are clear, brilliantly colored and executed, and visually informative. Every public and school library needs a copy as well as the usual gifting!
I requested and received a free temporary e-book on Adobe Digital Editions from Clavis Publishing via NetGalley. Thank you!
This is a fact filled book about animals! I love the pictures that go along with each animal in the book. Great book for animal loving kiddos!
I love all animals, so the cover drew me in.  I think this would be a fascinating illustrated reference book about loud animals for children.  Children will learn about each animal, how loud they are, and why they are that loud.  The beautiful illustrations throughout will hold the interest of the youngest among us!!
This book was very advanced in the language. I did like the illustrations, but overall I think it is better suited for older children who like to read very textbook like information.
This book super animals is informative, educational ended has pictures. I even learned a thing or two while reading it to my child. It covers everything from the size of the animal to the noise it makes to why it makes that noise the animals predators and their own prey. I think this is a great book I am blind and had no trouble reading the book and the descriptions made it easy to imagine what the animals look like. I can’t say enough about this book and can’t wait to read more by this author. I receive this book from NetGalley and a publisher but I am leaving this review voluntarily please forgive any mistakes as I am blind and dictate my review but all opinions are definitely my own.
Book four in this very well done and distinctive series, that yet again looks at distinctive animals doing different things very well, in this instance making noise.  The donkey, the cockerel, the cicada and so on all feature for different reasons, and all the entries in the series have the same format.  One spread is a more formal portrait of the beast with a tiny testament from them (in their voice) as to them and their noise.  The second spread is more of a databank, complete with their speed and range, their prey and what preys on them, bits of their anatomy to note, and a few small sentences about their noisy life.  The third spread is more portraiture, expertly done here as usual, with the most text – up to five small paragraphs, again from the beasts' mouth, discussing the reasons for the noises and how they're made.  It seems niche, in being about one specific part of nature, and there's no extra matter, discussing perhaps how it evolved or how our noisy ships are drowning out the (absent) whales and dolphins, but for all its unusual lesson seeming off-curriculum it's a very good lesson to be witness to.  A strong four stars, once again.
The information in this was interesting for me but my son who loves all things science and learning was bored. A lot of info with no pictures. Also not really worded for children at all. I felt I was reading out of a 6th grade textbook of sorts.
A fascinating illustrated reference about loud animals. I loved learning about each creature and was surprised at how loud even the smallest featured could be. The illustrations are beautiful and there are interesting facts about each animal. Children will enjoy this unique reference book! Thank you NetGalley and the publisher for providing this ARC. All thoughts are my own.
This is a cute, informative book with beautiful illustrations.

There is an interesting mix of animals and a great range of facts regarding each animals vocal abilities.

I did find the tone of the book a little at odds with the depth of information being taught. It felt like the author was addressing the reader in an overly simplified manner which my nine year old didn't like.

Thank you to NetGalley, the publisher, and the author for giving me a free digital copy of this book to read in exchange for an honest review.
Thanks to Netgalley and Clavis Publishing for the ARC of this!

My children both loved this and gave it all the stars. There was an interesting mix of animals, including one I had never heard of! We paired this with YouTube videos of the noises of the animals to drive home the sounds. The art style was exactly what I gravitate towards in non-fiction picture books. Perfect amount of text to get in interesting facts but not be overwhelming, and I loved the little icons for its enemies or pictures of its prey being included.
This book includes all sorts of animals and insects. I normally wouldn't combine all those types of animals, but I love it so much because kids get to gain knowledge and work compare and contrast through many different creatures. Who Would Win books are big in my classroom and this book goes right along with that type of book. The kids get to make their decision based on all the information. There is more than just information about how loud the animals are also. This treasure trove of knowledge is something I need for my classroom. Thank you #netgalley for giving me a copy of this book.