Cover Image: The Pancake Problem (Weenie Featuring Frank and Beans Book #2)

The Pancake Problem (Weenie Featuring Frank and Beans Book #2)

Such a cute next chapter in the series. Very entertaining. Can’t wait to read the next books in the series
I’m such a fan of this adorable, high-interest series. The art is so much fun for young readers.  Highly recommend for fans of Narwhal and Jelly.
This was a very colorfully illustrated book that captures the events as it happens in this book about Wennie with friends Frank and Beans also Wennie’s owner/dad, Bob.  This is a first reader type book.... might require a little coaching the first time or two.(learning to follow the bubbles).  Bob doesn’t have many rules but  Rule#1 don’t wake Bob on Sunday mornings and Rule #2 refer to rule#1..  well Wennie has a little trouble with that one seeing as Wennie woke up so hungry for pancakes she remembered the rules and didn’t wake up Bob until things had gotten so messed up. It was one fun fiasco after another.  You and your little one are bound to get the giggles when reading this one. You will just just have to read it yourself to find out what happens when it is published 24 Jan 2023..Thanks to #NetGalley, #PenguinRandomHouseCanada, #MaureenFergus, and #ThePancakeProblem for the opportunity to review early.
Thanks to the publisher and NetGalley for letting me review this book. This is a fun read. My kids love graphic novels; so I know they’ll get a kick out of this book. The pet names are great! Even though Weenie did some dumb stuff at times; the other animals were behind him.
The Pancake Problem is a funny graphic novel perfect for young readers! They will laugh out loud at the antics of Weenie, Frank, and Beans and will want to get their hands on more of their stories!
Another fun installment in the Weenie featuring Frank and Beans series. I love the layout of this book, 6 short chapters, the text bubbles have white backgrounds have tons of space around the black lettering. That makes it much easier for my color blind family member to read.

I love brussel sprouts so I would gladly take Weenie's Supersonic Pancake Maker off his hands (this will make more sense when you read the book). I also loved Weenie's backup stomachs, I feel like we all have one for our favorite foods.
This fun early chapter book/graphic novel is the second in the series and is bound to draw in young readers. With hilarious characters, bright and silly illustrations and speech bubbles that are not cramped or overwhelming, this book is perfect for its target audience. Broken into 6 short chapters, at less than 50 pages, this book is the perfect transitionary book for readers who are ready to move from picture books to longer texts but not quite ready to move into chapter books with overwhelming amounts of text. As a grade 3 teacher, I could definitely see this book becoming a favourite in my classroom library. Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for giving me the chance to read and review this fun book!
I received this book from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

My daughter had read the first book in the series, and loved it, she was delighted to have an advanced copy of book 2. Weenie the hotdog is simply adorable, and the story is also very funny. Why doesn't he like brussels sprouts though (roasted brussels sprout is my favourite vegetable! ), it can be quite delicious when done right. My daughter wants to add she also has an extra pancake stomach just like Weenie.
I thought that this was an enjoyable book!

It was a fun comic strip type book so it stands out from a lot of the books out there at the moment - this is the second in the series and it was just as much fun as the first!

The story was easy to follow and it was fun to read with my daughter and she loved all the characters!   It was a fun story that had her giggling and that for me as a mum was lovely - I am glad she enjoyed it as much as I did - and in her words - cheeky Weenie!!

It is four stars from me for this one – highly recommended!
This is a fun beginning reader graphic novel.  The story is simple and easy to follow with lots of repeated words, like pancakes.  Weenie is a dachshund who is over excited and forgets things.  Things like not wake Bob on a weekend, or that he sold all of Bob’s furniture at a garage sale.  This book has some great laughs.  Even reluctant readers will want to keep turning the pages to see what happens next.
THE PANCAKE PROBLEM is the second book in the Weenie series featuring Frank and Beans.
Once again Weenie’s unrelenting appetite gets him into trouble. Bob, his owner refuses to get up at the crack of dawn to make Weenie pancakes. Weenie, ever the problem solver makes a pancake making machine. Unfortunately the machine doesn’t make pancakes but it does produce a gigantic pile of brussel sprouts. Weenie tries to get rid of them by holding a yard sale. To attract more customers Weenie against the advice of Frank and Beans sells some of Bob’s household possessions at a bargain rate hoping to attract a buyer for the brussel sprouts.
THE PANCAKE PROBLEM is an entertaining addition to the series. The illustrations are colourful and delightful. I enjoy this series and hope Maureen Fergus and Alexandra Bye continue to collaborate on the Weenie series.
Thank you to Penguin Random House Canada and NetGalley for allowing me to read an advanced digital edition of this book.
I can appreciate the cat trying to be a voice of reason for the dog's choices and actions.  Yes, I realize these are animals, but the humor didn't work for me and the choices made for solving a problem came across as quite flippant.
The Weenie books are so colourful and funny! I love the illustrations and the conversations between Weenie, Frank, and Beans. Weenie is so dramatic, Frank is such a bad influence, and Beans is the voice of reason although never listened to. They make a great little group!
We love animal books here. Make them a graphic novel and it's instalove for my 7 year old! She enjoyed this book very much and asked that we please buy it and the 1st book immediately. Highly recommended for those beginning readers who are ready for more.
If you want to encourage a beginning reader, The Pancake Problem is the perfect choice for him or her. Written in graphic, comic book style, it’s a chapter book that tells the story of Weenie, his friends Frank and Beans, and his long suffering owner Bob. Because Bob likes to sleep late on the weekends, Weenie constructs the Supersonic Pancake Maker. There’s one problem: it only makes Brussels sprouts. Lots of them. The story follows the three friends desperate attempts to get rid of the “stinky” sprouts. Although they try increasingly creative methods, nothing works until Bob surprises them.

The Pancake Problem is well written and illustrated and just silly enough. Parents can read it out loud to preschoolers and watch their early readers enjoy it by themselves. This is Book #2 in a series, so be sure to look for #1! 5 stars.

Thank you to NetGalley, Penguin Random House Canada, Maureen Fergus and Alexandra Bye for this ARC.
fue muy gracioso, el perrito y sus amigos querían pancakes y todas la aventuras que tenían. los dibujos están muy bonitos y rápido de leer para un niño

thanks to netgalley and Penguin Random House Canada, Tundra Books for a copy of this book
This was a really fun graphic novel about a dog, a cat, and a guinea pig. My son loved Weenie the dog, but I loved the interactions with Frank and Beans as well. All of the animals each have their own personality (which seems to tie to what type of animal they are quite well). The illustrations were bright and detailed. This would be a good graphic novel for a child just starting to get into this genre.
Reads like comic strips and that's why I love this series more now.

The second in the series, it doesn't disappoint.

The comic is hilarious featuring Frank and Beans, our beloved dog and cat funky characters.
The story teaches some important bodily functions when it comes to the gut and digestion. However, learning is always fun when it comes as a funny comic series with some cute but crazy animal characters. Isn't it?

Thank you, Penguin Random House Canada, for the advance reading copy.
Weenie, Frank, and Beans are quickly becoming my favourite cast of early reader characters. I love their shenanigans, their personalities, and the absolutely ridiculous goofs that go on between them.