Cover Image: A Better Way to Bell a Cat

A Better Way to Bell a Cat

Well eritten book and eye catching illustration. Higly recommended for little bookworms. Thank you, NetGalley for the ARC.
I received an arc of this title from NetGalley for an honest review. This is a funny book about three mice trying to outwit the new cat brought home.
This book is silly and filled with twists as the mice try to figure out what to do about the new cat in their home, but it takes quite a few pages to figure out which mouse is which based on the illustrations (which distracted from the story). This was a cute story with a good message, but it fell a bit flat for me.
Three mice have been living happy and cozy in the basement of a house. The owners get a cat and the mice decide they have to give it a bell so they can hear it approaching. But none of their plans work. Then one has a brilliant idea of a Trojan horse style attack where they climb into a stuffed dog and try to scare the cat. However, the cat’s on to the mice and the cat is more than happy to make new friends. This book is all right but nothing special. I like the illustrations, but it’s been done before. And this is a fun for right now book however we won’t be seeing it in 20 years.
A group of mice are living their best life in a cozy home, until their world is turned upside down when the family they live with do the unthinkable – and bring home a cat. The mice attempt to carry out a clever plan, by which they will attach a bell to the cat’s collar and the bells jingle will sound the alarm and warn the mice when it comes near to them. The hard part?? No one wants to volunteer to put the bell on the cat. And thus begins this scheming, wild cat and mouse adventure. For fans of Stuart Little, Tom and Jerry, and the like, this one is perfect!
Who Will Bell the Cat? is a sweet and humorous version of the Aesop's Fables tale.

Cute mice residing in a large, ancient house are Elwood, Bernardo, and Vincent. But then, oh horror, one lovely day! A large cat has been brought home by people. The group finally came up with a solution after some thought: hang a bell from the cat's neck. But who will perform the heroic task? They attempt to ring the cat in a number of ways as a group, but something always goes wrong. However, there’s are multiple twists.

Children are certain to appreciate a story like this. The humor, hilarious antics, and numerous pictures keep it from being preachy. Although it doesn't have a clear moral, it nonetheless teaches students not to make snap judgments based on inaccurate assumptions or limited information. Before you judge someone based solely on their reputation, give them a chance. You will be able to enjoy the retelling more if you are familiar with the original narrative, but it is not necessary.

Additionally, the graphics are wonderful. It's kind of weird that the animals all look like soft toys because one of them actually has a soft toy of its own. I adored the vibrant pages' delicate pastel tones. The only thing I might have changed is giving the mice some sort of identification. On most pages, it was challenging to tell who was who.
Thank you Netgalley and Clavis Publishing

Well, the idea is cute and the illustrations are bright and fun to look at but I wonder if some of the words are in the reading grasp of five year olds. If not, maybe the book will teach them. I also had trouble telling the mice apart and knowing which one was talking when. While the message – don’t judge just on appearance alone is good, the execution is a little lacking. But it did make me seek out the medieval fable that the story is based on. C+
This was a cute picture book, but I had never heard of the Aesop Fable "Belling the Cat". After reading it the story had a little more meaning to it, but it still fell a little flat. I do like the message of not judging a book by its cover though.
This book is too cute. I’ll probably get a copy for my 3 year old niece! The characters are silly and have funny snarky dialogue. The message in the end is not to judge a book by its cover. And, as a lover of cats, I’m a big fan of showing that cats can be really nice friends! The art is lovely and whimsical, and the story will be engaging for a wide age range.

Thank you NetGalley and Clavis Publishing for an advanced reader’s copy of this book!
Let's just start by saying that Elwood is my new favorite fictional mouse and that if we don't get many sequels and a cartoonito show about these mice I will be very disappointed.

A Better Way to Bell A Cat is an adorable little picture book that packs a whole lot of fun and love into such a lovely illustrated package!
This sweet picture book tells the story of three mice that enjoy their lives in a quiet house until one day the owner adopts a cat. The mice are sure they will be homeless until they come up with a plan; they will put a bell on the cat. Their plan is a bit complicated and doesn’t go quite as planned, but in the end they realize that the cat may not be so bad after all. The illustrations are colourful and detailed and there is about 3-5 lines of text per page. I would definitely recommend this fun story to parents of children in the age 3-7 range. It would be a perfect bedtime story as it is not too rambunctious but entertaining enough for an enjoyable shared reading experience. Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for giving me the chance to read and review this book!
This story about three mice who become frightened of the new household cat is mildly amusing.  At first I found it difficult to keep track of the three mice characters when they spoke.  There are moments that I think might be a bit confusing to a child in terms of what is happening.  That being said, it will please kids modestly and be a satisfactory addition to the nightly pile of books.
***Thank you Clavispublishing and NetGalley for providing me a free copy of the book in exchange for honest feedback.***

this was such a cute story about three mice trying to get away from their new fellow dweller.
the art is colorful, I love how vibrant they are!
the "twist" of the cat not being a "mouser" was simultaneously funny and adorable.
even though I'm not a pet person, this just made me want to own a kitten!
What a fun story! Three mice's lives are turned upside down with the owners of their home bring home a new big cat. Try as they might, their plans to thwart their new assumed enemies fail, to all fault of their own. In the end though, they discover that their assumptions may have been wrong all along.

A Better Way to Bell a Cat by Bonnie Grubman and illustrated by Judi Abbot was a very fun read, with fun characters and whimsical illustrations. I look forward to reading it with my stepson.

Thank you to Netgalley and Clavis Publishing for the chance to read a digital ARC in exchange of my honest review.
Thank you, NetGalley, publisher, and author, for a chance to read this book in exchange for an honest review.

A fairly short but cute story about three rats and a cat! This book is great for younger children. The illustrations are super adorable and the story is straight-forward with a sweet theme. I love the message the author is trying to convey through the story.
Thank you to the author, Clavis Publishing and NetGalley, for an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

This is a cute and fun story - I have to confess I was totally unfamiliar with Aesop's fable upon which this was based - about not jumping to premature conclusions. The child I read this with loved it, primarily because it's a story told with a lot of humor and the illustrations are beautifully done, with lots of fun details. I would classify this as primarily a book to read aloud, but it's one that will be enjoyed every time you bring it out.
This is the story of 3 rats who tries different ways to get rid a new cat that their owners brought. This book was charming, adorable, and tells the value of friendship and accepting new friends. The illustrations were adorable and cute. I really loved this book. Beautiful book. Highly recommend!
This is a short but very cute book! The illustrations were adorable and I love the message of not judging a book by its cover. Plus the story and dialogue were witty and fun so parents and children alike will enjoy reading this book aloud. Definitely recommend!
A fun story about unexpected friendships and thinking outside the box. Cute illustrations accompany the text. A good book for young children.
Elwood, Bernardo, and Vincent have the run of the house with nobody to bother them.  Then one fateful day they receive a new housemate and it's a CAT!  Oh my!  The mice go into panic mode and need to hatch a plan to get rid of him so they won't be in danger.

This is a delightful re-telling of the Aesop's Fables tale of "Who will Bell the Cat". After many consultations the mouse team think they know exactly how to solve their problem - tie a bell around the cat's neck so they will always know his whereabouts.  After a few failed attempts to carry out their plan the mice finally succeed.  How did they manage to win a victory?

This story will be a hit with kids with all the silly twists and turns that the story provides.  The fun, expressive, illustrations are fantastic and place the reader right in the story.  "A Better Way to Bell a Cat" encourages kids not to make assumptions or jump to conclusions based on insufficient data.  It's best not to make a judgement until you give someone a chance to show who they really are.

I love the adorable characters and the important life lesson that the book shares.  I highly recommend this book!