Cover Image: Never Let Go

Never Let Go

A bit hard for me to get into. It was hard for me to get into the two cases. At the end it made sense how they intertwined but the flow of bouncing between them made it hard for me to read.
If you enjoyed Shari Lapena’s The Couple Next Door, you’ll love this book. From the opening chapter, with its claustrophobic setting, Never Let Go drew me into the world of a mother whose baby has been stolen during a routine lunch with a friend. Tackling a horrific topic with empathy and insight, this face-paced thriller kept me engaged through to the conclusion. The multiple points of view connect the main characters, showing how each of them is affected by the disappearance of the child. A subplot adds an element of mystery to the novel while driving the main story forward and creating a sense of immediacy, with an unexpected twist at the end. Once you start this book, you won’t want to put it down. I would love to see a sequel with Sawyer returning to the small town of Maplewood Falls, to investigate another crime.
Thanks to net gallery and the publisher I was able to read an advanced copy of this book and I loved it!
Carla and Nick are living happy with their young baby but one day Carla wakes from a drug induced slumber to find herself locked in a basement and her baby no where to be seen.
This was intense and I loved every second of it!!! I could not put this book down and wish I could’ve read it faster that’s how badly I needed to know what happened! So. Good. !!
Wow, Lori Duffy Foster, really knows how to pull you into a story. Your best friend turns out to be your biggest nightmare! Your life was great. Loving husband ,a new baby, and your best friend turns your life into a nightmare.  Don't want to give away any spoilers just read it!
the only problem I had with this book is I wish the author had put the name of the character on the chapter other than that I loved loved this book. the blurb drew me in with its enticements and as soon as I started reading I was hooked.
from the first chapter i was drawn in, my emotions heightened as the book progressed and the twists his me upside the head leaving me stunned and gaping at what had happened. these characters leap off the page and drag you into their twisted world. i'm still in amazement at the end and i don't know what to do with myself now.
Thank you to Netgalley/ Level Best Books/Lori Duffy Foster for the ARC in exchange for an honest review.
Overall a good read, did take me longer than usual to get into the storyline but the characters were good and I did enjoy it.

Thank you to Netgalley and Level Best Books for this ARC.
This was a fun, riveting, un-put-down-able read!! This was my first Lori Duffy Foster book and it won’t be my last. She completely hooked me into this story and I HAD to know what happened.

There was so much action, drama, suspense and intrigue. There were psychological elements, heartbreak, anger and insane moments. I do wish some of the story lines were more complete, a handful of things felt rushed to a. Conclusion or too pretty and neat in the end, but overall this was a fresh, original, intense and JUICY story!
This book really pulled me in as a reader and I was drawn to the story.  The taut suspense between the two women kept the plot rolling along.  I felt there was definitely some fumbling when it came to the police involvement and this was a bit distracting.  I would have really liked to see more action surrounding the particulars as this would have been an interesting case to work.  I will definitely look forward to reading more from this author.  She has a strong voice and provides well written characters,  Thanks for the ARC, NetGalley.
Never Let Go is a psychological thriller that reminded me in some ways of Gone Girl (a missing wife) and The Woman in the Window (a woman with mental problems). It deals with three inter-related crimes in a small New York town of Maplewood Falls, just south of the Finger Lakes:  one involving an ingeniously evil once-best-friend, one related to current news stories about missing babies, and a third about a long-unsolved disappearance of a teen. The heroine, Carla, is amazingly plucky, resolved, in spite of often nightmarish circumstances, never to “let go” when her baby disappears. The novel keeps the reader reading as quickly as possible to see what happens to Carla, her husband Nick, their baby--and more. Thank you to Net Galley for an advance copy.
This book has so many plot twists and turns and just so much going on that you can not predict what’s coming next. I couldn’t put it down…I just had to know what was going to happen! When you pick this up be prepared to put your life on hold. Excellent read! Thanks to NetGalley and the author allowing me this preview copy.
Thank you Netgalley for the free copy of Never Let Go by Lori Duffy Foster in exchange for an honest review.
I enjoyed the storyline of this book, but I felt there was no real depth to it. Not a lot of mystery or suspense and for the main storyline, the "whodunnit" was solved too quickly for me.
There were a few mistakes that were not caught during editing (example: dessert instead of desert)..
Overall, a decent read, but lacked the elements of suspense and mystery for me.
Over narrates, over explains, circular writing - take your pick of bad writing styles and this book embodied it at some point.

Here’s an example of the writing quality:
“Suzy has long brown hair that knotted very easily. She bought a hair brush with black bristles. Suzy brushed her long hair with her hair brush. So, she brushed her hair to get the knots out.”

Parts of this book had me howling with laughter, which was surely not the intended response.
---Insinuating that only fit people belong on running trails. Umm no. It's 2022, fat shaming of any kind doesn't fly.
---Saying that cops can’t investigate your crimes if you live outside of town. Um that’s not how jurisdiction works
--- That as long as you stay hydrated, you too can survive walking around the Phoenix metropolitan area. It's a densely populated city, not a vast uninhabited desert.
---The FBI can trace your burner phone to your IP address. Say what? Burner phones almost never have the capability to go online. Where are you getting an IP address from?? Especially when all she did was send a text from the phone.

Rating: 2 stars, rounded from 1.5 and I don't even recall why it's that high.

Thank you to Level Best Books & @Netgalley for providing me with an eARC in exchange for my honest review.
This was a good read but unfortunately I found it rather slow. There was plenty of suspense when it picked up and the plot was interesting. This is the first book I have read by this author and I’ll be keeping my eye out for more in the future.
Thank you netgalley and the publisher for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for a honest review.
This really is a dark and twisted story about Carla who wakes up locked in a cellar and her captive is her best friend. The person she has trusted her whole life and now she has her locked up and has taken her child away from her because she believes that a woman’s best friend doing the unthinkable, taking her baby and locking her in a cellar whilst she tries to make Carla’s husband fall in love with her. As Carla fights for her life and child it’s a race against time to get out alive before her friend gets bored and decides she doesn’t need Carla any more.
What if your best friend for years turns out not to be your best friend at all, actually she's your worst enemy! This occurred in Never Let Go by Lori Duffy Foster. This happened to Emily when she went to lunch with Rachel, her presumably best friend. Rachel kidnapped her  and placed her in a room in a basement, keeping her there for months. OMG, what a story a former crime reporter and author weaves! Well worth reading this first standalone novel by Lori Duffy Foster! Thanks to Netgalley and the author for this ARC!
Never Let Go, by Lori Duffy Foster, is a heck of a fast paced suspense that kept me hooked from beginning to end. The main storyline was so intriguing and unique. The secondary storyline was really good, too, but I felt that its conclusion just didn't make sense. Overall, another great book by this author.
Carla Murphy wakes up to find that she's been taken prisoner by, of all people, her-supposed-best friend, Rachel.  Worst of all Rachel has done something with Carla's baby boy and she won't tell her what she's done with him. She's also just realizing that Rachel has been obsessed with her husband since high school. Now Rachel has some deranged plan to seduce him and will murder them both if her plan doesn't go her way. Now Carla is stuck between a rock and a hard place. Can she do what she needs to do to save her family?
I received an Arc of this book and this is my honest review.
thank you to the publisher and netgalley for this ARC in exchange for my honest review

a frightening plot that you won't expect, this book was un-put-downable!
Wow!!! This book was amazing!!! I read 20 chapters in one night!!! I couldn’t put it down. I was hooked from the very beginning. I had to know what was going to happen next!!

Nick and Carla were married and had a baby they named Christopher. Carla went to see her friend Rachel for lunch with her son. Rachel had come up with a plan to steal Carla’s husband but she had to make Carla disappear first. Rachel  drugged Carla and kept her locked in a room in her basement.

Rachel then took Carla and nicks baby and searched for someone in the black market to adopt Christopher. The couple was an older couple in their fifty’s and had to rejected because of their age.

I give the book 5 stars. It was amazing
This was incredibly good! Read it start to finish in less than 24 hours. It kept me on the edge of my seat and turning the pages,