Cover Image: Face of Greed

Face of Greed

Face of Greed was exactly the book I was looking to read! The Emily character had me rooting for her the entire book! The suspense has me turning page after page for the next twist that I know make my mouth drop to the floor! James L'Etoile really hit the nail on the head with this!

The same old cleche I couldn't put the book down mindset is served up in Face of Greed.
Beginning with a couple of bizarre killings, the story quickly turns into a hectic read with no stopping.
Strong overall characters, a faultless narrative, tension maintained right up until the very end, and a guessing game for the readers—James L'Etoile will win many fans with Face of Greed.
An independent review for NetGalley/Oceanview Publishing

Very well written. This book allowed me to read it without being familiar with the characters. The story will draw you in and keep you guessing. Medium paced and worth a read.

Face of Greed by James L’Etoile is a fast peace detective mystery with a fantastic twist! I would say very suspenseful book. This is my first James L’Etoile book, but I believe will be not the last one! I loved that there wasn't too much "empty text" when it feels that author just trying to fill the space but the information is not beneficial to the storyline. James L’Etoile made things straightforward and provided just relevant information!

This book is about detective Emily Hunter and her partner, Javier Medina who must investigate a crime that more complicated than it's looks. As deeper Emily digs as deeper she gets sucked into the dark world of violence! And all this while she must look after her mother.
I loved how the author shows the struggle to balance work and personal life! It gave me that sense of reality and made it easy to connect with the main characters. Sometimes that's the most important thing for me!

Most of the chapters are long. Good job I picked up this book on my day off so I wasn't stressed about it so much but on a busy day, when you have limited time and all you want is to squeeze in one quick chapter, it would irate me. So my advice - grab this book when you have time and don't read before bedtime as "one more chapter" will take you past midnight :D It gets better by the end of the book, and you get that feeling that you can fly through them.
Thank you, NetGalley and Oceanview Publishing for the opportunity to read this book!
#FaceofGreed #NetGalley

I was captivated by James L'Etoile's Face of Greed from the very first page, and it left me eager to dive into more of his work. This detective mystery offers a refreshing twist, as the author's deep knowledge of the criminal justice system shines through, providing a unique perspective on both the perpetrators and the intricate processes leading to their incarceration. The character development is expertly executed, with Detective Emily Hunter and her partner, Detective Javier Medina, taking center stage. L'Etoile strikes the perfect balance between providing enough backstory to build the characters without overwhelming the narrative.

While the ending is flawlessly executed, it moves at a rapid pace, filled with intricate details. Face of Greed is a compelling detective mystery that left me hungry for more. James L'Etoile's masterful storytelling and intricate plot make this book a must-read for fans of the genre.

I my gosh! I loved this book! I stayed up two night to finish this book. Greed is real and you can bet things that happened in this book have happened in real life. I can't wait to read more from this author.

What I liked about this book was how L'Etoile depicted Emily's life as being more than just a detective. The sections where she cares for her aging mother who has early-onset Alzheimer's were very relatable for me. This is a solid mystery/suspense crime book, I would recommend it for any readers of that genre. Thanks to NetGAlley for the ARC.

Good book! This book had a bit of everything! It had suspense, intrigue, murder, mystery, A great who done it, great police work, and some really crazy twists and turns! The storyline was very interesting and kept me glued to my Kindle! I will definitely recommend reading this book as it was well worth reading! Thank you Netgalley and the publisher for sharing this book with me!

Detective Emily Hunter and her partner are investigating the murder of a businessman, and the injury of his wife in a home invasion.
Shortly afterwards, the man's lawyer is murdered, the murders have to be connected.
It is not long before the widow 'moves on' with her life, after being protected by the Mayor and senior law enforcement officers.

Emily has problems in her personal life, her mother has the starting stages of dementia, and finds it difficult to balance her professional life with her home life.

I enjoyed this police procedural, although I found the beginning of it a bit heavy going. I like the way the detective's personal life is incorporated into the book, this gives the reader a connection to the characters.

This is the first book I have read by the author, and I look forward to reading more, and hopefully this will be a series with Emily and Javier.

Thanks to Netgalley and the publisher for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an honest opinion.

Follow the adventures of Detective Emily Hunter along with partner, Javier Medina as they solve this puzzling case with lots of twists and turns...and wow does the case have them!! Starting with Emily's mother developing dementia and having no long-term care giver on hand it just goes deeper into issues.

One murder, two murders, looking alike maybe leading to a serial killer but the connections are many so maybe not random. A home invasion along with an office search and the waters get muddier. Money comes into play $3-$4 million or maybe more. Add in politics along with sexual adventures and this is an exciting story underway.

At first it seems the perpetrator might be identified but then other clues pointing in a different direction. A classic whodunit in the likes of Christie with everyone at one time or another looking as if they could be guilty.

Read the book to determine who the real culprit(s) of the crimes are and learn how Detective Hunter may find some absolution for her mom as well as in her love life. A fun read.