Cover Image: The Lace Widow

The Lace Widow

Way out of my comfort zone, but a good read nonetheless. It was well-written and engaging from start to finish. Fans of historical fiction will appreciate this one.

This was an interesting take on a real life historical figure, Alexander Hamilton's wife, which seems to be the in thing at the moment. This was intriguing and a good read that kept my interest, not quite Deanna Raybourn as promised, but still a good read and I would return to the author again.

After the dual with Aaron Burr, Alexander Hamilton is dead. His wife, Eliza Hamilton, wrapped in grief has a lot more to think about in her grief. With her son, Alexander, Jr. 18 years old now in jail accused of murder, the widow is trying to clear her son's name. Suddenly aware of the fact that she is left with little funds with which to support her family, Eliza starts selling her homemade lace. Eliza going through her husband's papers while he was in office, learns of the names of those who witnessed the dual and who are now turning up dead. Is her life and family being threatened, are they the next victims? This book was filled with intrigue and quite interesting due to the fact that it was set within a historic background. This was my first book by Mollie Ann Cox and I look forward to others. My thanks to NetGalley for this ARC in exchange for an honest opinion.

I love books where famous people or characters become detectives and The Lace Widow was perfect. I loved the use of Eliza Hamilton and enjoyed the mystery elements to it. It had everything that I was looking for in a historical fiction book. Mollie Ann Cox does a great job in making it feel like a real historical story. It left me wanting to read more in this world and from Mollie Ann Cox.