Cover Image: Things We Left Behind

Things We Left Behind

The last in the series does not disappoint! We have been teased with Sloan and Lucian's story for the past few years and it is finally here! The angst, the tension, the drama, the STEAM, the friendship, the romance, and everything else in between has made this book my favorite in the series BY FAR. I love a good enemies to loverss back to enemies and this was immediately a favorite, Highly HIGHLY recommend.

It's been over a month since I've read this book and my feelings about it have not changed - IT WAS SO AWESOME! I was waiting for Sloane and Lucian's story since book 1 and I am very happy to say that it lived up to the hype and anticipation for me. Stories with build up through multiple books and with a shared past between the characters have to be told just right to hit all the spots, and this one did for me.

Like the first two books in the series, <I>Things We Left Behind</i> was really really fun and I loved hanging out with them all again. The found family within this group is amazing. I know this series is over but I hope Lucy Score delivers more stories like it, I'd eat them right up!

<i>Thank you to NetGalley and Bloom Books for the ARC!</i>

What a perfect ending to this series. Lucian and Sloane were my favorites. I loved getting to see all the characters from the past books. The chemistry was off the charts. The banter was perfect. Truly a great ending.

LUCIAN MF ROLLINS

That’s it. Thats the whole review…

Just kidding.

Sloane is the baddie little librarian we all didn’t know we needed and she sure holds her own with the Knockemout crew.

Thank you to the author, publisher and @NetGalley for this ARC in exchange for an honest review!

5 stars—from book 1, I needed Lucian and Sloane. The banter. The looks. The open hatred with each other. I NEEDED THEM…. And Lucy, she gave us. She gave us all of Lucian and Sloane, past and present. I loved it all.

Lucian’s “I hate you but I love you but I need to keep you safe”

Sloane’s “I actually hate you but I miss the old you but wait I love you???”

Forever Lucian and Sloane, I love them.

Sloane and Lucian bring all the perfect aspects of my two favourite romance sub-genres (enemies to lovers, second chance) into a witty, spicy, action packed adventure where I was questioning the whole time how this ended up second chance in the first place with how cute these two were.

All this book made me do is want to read books one & two which I have not read. No one knows why their high school friendship ended and years later as they try to navigate around each other, unsuccessfully, things are slowly revealed. I loved the banter between Sloane and Lucian as they tried to deny their feelings for each other. This is a small-town and enemies to friends romance at its best.

I received this advance review copy from NetGalley & the publisher for my honest review.

I came to this series at the very end, with this novel, and while it can be read as a stand alone, I'm definitely kicking myself for not picking up the first novel and starting there because I'm certain that those two couples in those books had a fun time hating each other before loving each other, if Things We Left Behind is any indication.

In this novel, Sloane and Lucian are currently mortal enemies but only after they were close friends in their younger years. As the novel progresses, their backstory is woven in and you come to understand why they're both so resistant to tolerating the other, despite the fact that their mutual friends adore them both, and Sloane's family sees him as nothing short of wonderful. Their current day selves are busy detesting the other and being successful as a head librarian (Sloane) and a businessman (Lucian). And as the bad guys --ones most likely first introduced at the beginning of the series-- insist on doing bad things, Sloane and Lucian find themselves thrown together a lot. Their banter and sexual tension are hilarious and cause the pages to turn quickly. As they spend more time together, they begrudgingly put aside some of their differences to scratch an itch they've had for quite a while; and though they'd love to keep it secret, that, of course, is impossible.

Things escalate with the bad guys and with Sloane and Lucian and before you know it, they've find themselves bring down the baddies while falling in love.

Yet another fun read by Lucy Score....one that just makes me look forward to what she's writing next.

I loved the first novel in this series, never read the second, and then read this novel as it was the one I was really most interested in. That being said, it was fine.

What I liked was the characters and the spice. That was really good and enjoyable and I enjoyed reconnecting with characters from the first novel.

What I struggled with is … what does Lucian actually do? He’s always in helicopters and doing fancy things but none of it makes any sense? His job(s)/company/everything he does? It doesn’t make any sense. The location and its proximity to DC never made any sense and that continued here as well. There was also just a lot going on and a lot of plot points going on as well.

I think I just wasn’t vibing with this as much as I wanted to.

I heard a lot about this book from friends and family and I assumed it was another cheesy romance book. ITS NOT. Okay, well, yes it kind of is but not cheesy in a bad way. Cheesy as in a sticky, creamy, oh so delicious way 😏🤤😅. I hadn’t read the first part of this series but I’d didn’t matter. I was thrown head first into this cruel and hateful enemies to lovers romance that captures even the coldest of hearts. I ship Sloane and Lucian so much my heart hurts.

I wish we got another book that went into more of their lives once they get back together 😭

My only critique is that sometimes the author can leave out some of the important details that make the book flow better like going into why Lucian’s mind snapped so fast and what he was thinking, and a little less back and forth with the petty arguments! Thank you Netgalley and the author for this read!

Sloane and Lucian seemed destined for forever when they were in high school, but life and misunderstandings got in the way. Now, 15 years later, they reconnect again after the death of Sloane's father. Lucian can't seem to walk away, even though he's never forgiven Sloane for a mistake in their past. Throw in a mob boss with a vendetta, a court case appeal, a small town library, and a hundred other secrets everyone seems to be keeping, and you've got a recipe for humor, heart, and thrills.

A second chance romance story, with two compelling characters. These two had great chemistry - even when the plot dragged a bit, the characters shone through. While I haven't read the first couple in the series, I totally understand the appeal. This one, unfortunately, seems like it wasn't the strongest of the trilogy. It felt like two books mashed together - both were great, but should have stood on their own.

Let's start with the fact that this book published almost 3 weeks ago and has a 4.51 rating on Goodreads with 57,000+ reviews. This means I am not alone in recommending the Knockemout series.💕. This is the third book in this trilogy. If you haven't read them yet, please start with the first one: Things We Never Get Over. These are meaty books with fantastic character development (lots of back stories) and an amazing found family of friends. The community and real families of the characters are also lovely. And there's an ongoing, engaging suspense-ish arc through the three books.

This is Lucian and Sloane's story and I have been waiting for it. You could feel the tension between them in the last two books and this one goes deep into the origin of their animosity and all that smoldering tension. Sexy small town library and ruthless corporate businessman. They used to be next door neighbors and friends but have been enemies for years. What happened? I loved seeing their story arc. And once they finally acted on that tension? 🔥🔥🔥Basically, I loved the emotional roller coaster and Lucian might be my new favorite book boyfriend. 💕💕💕 Read it!

Thanks to the publisher for sharing a copy with me. All opinions are my own.

Yes! Yes yes yes!!! We 𝑓𝑖𝑛𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑦 get Lucian & Sloane's story! I have loved the other two books in this story but this....this one doesn't want to give my heart back to me! 𝐒𝐮𝐢𝐭 𝐃𝐚𝐝𝐝𝐲 𝐋𝐮𝐜𝐢𝐟𝐞𝐫 has stolen it and locked it up!

𝙻𝚞𝚌𝚢 𝚂𝚌𝚘𝚛𝚎 has done an incredible job rounding out the 𝗞𝗻𝗼𝗰𝗸𝗲𝗺𝗼𝘂𝘁 series and has left me not wanting to say goodbye! I have fallen hard for this series! This book was intense, funny, a little suspenseful and masterfully chiseled!

The spice and banter in this one was off the charts captivating! I loved it! Seeing Lucy with Sloane was just a fun ride for sure!

If I could give this book five thousand stars I would! Great job to the author and I can't wait to see what she has in store for us next!

I wasn’t ready for this series to be over so I tried to savor this book as much as possible 🥹 I’m so excited that Lucian and Sloane’s story is finally here + that it lived up to my expectations!

💜 enemies to lovers
💜 grumpy/sunshine
💜 small town
💜 steamy 🌶️
💜 bickering + flirting

Lucian and Sloane grew up next door to each other + bonded over a shared secret. Lucy Score did a great job of slowly revealing pieces of information about their past that helps the reader understand why Sloane and Lucian feel the way they do about one another.

I lived for all of the scenes with Knox, Naomi, Nash, Lina, Stef, and Jeremiah 🥹 these characters have come to hold such a special place in my heart + I just want to be friends with them 😂

"Things We Left Behind" by Lucy Score takes readers back to the spicy-sweet town of Knockemout, Virginia, where Lucian and Sloane's fiery love story unfolds. This enemies-to-lovers romance is filled with passion, secrets, and two strong-willed characters who will captivate readers from start to finish.

Lucian Rollins is a determined and relentless mogul. He's on a mission to erase the dark legacy left by his abusive father, and he's willing to do whatever it takes to build his empire. Money and power are his shields against vulnerability, and he's convinced that he can handle anything life throws his way. That is until he encounters Sloane Walton, a feisty small-town librarian.

Sloane Walton and Lucian share a hidden history, one that fuels their mutual disdain for each other. Trust doesn't come easily between them, but sparks fly when their bickering unexpectedly turns into a passionate connection. The chemistry between them is electric, and their love story sizzles with intensity.

The heart of this story lies in the tension between Lucian's aversion to commitment and Sloane's desire to start a family. Their clash of desires forms the central conflict, and readers will eagerly turn the pages to see how they navigate this impasse.

Lucy Score crafts well-developed characters who feel real and relatable. Lucian and Sloane are both flawed and complex, making them compelling protagonists. Their banter is witty and entertaining, adding humor to their passionate encounters.

The setting of Knockemout, Virginia, adds charm and warmth to the story, providing a cozy backdrop for the romance to unfold. Score's writing style is engaging and easy to follow, allowing readers to immerse themselves in the story.

"Things We Left Behind" is a steamy and emotionally charged romance that explores themes of trust, family, and the power of love to heal old wounds. Lucy Score delivers a satisfying and passionate tale that will leave romance readers eager for more.

I absolutely loved everything that this book had to offer and it was such a beautiful conclusion to the series. I laughed and cried a little for this book, definitely the best enemies to lovers book I've read so far!

Thank you very much for the opportunity to read this book early! I really enjoyed it. I thought the writing was very well done, and the story kept me interested. I believe my students/patrons would also love this book and will be acquiring it for the library!

This book made me very invested in the characters and their relationship, even if I disliked certain parts of the writing style and some of the remarks that were made in the book, which shows that this book definitely met its goal. I yet again found a Lucy Score book altogether too long, as there was about 100 pages that could have been synthesized to make the pacing much better, but I really enjoyed the storyline and how the relationship between Lucian and Sloane developed. As a conclusion to the series, I think that it wrapped everything up in a very satisfying way and I enjoyed the friendship dynamics that were one of the focal points of the story.

My favorite installment in the series by FAR and about one of my fave literary couples! I loved this book from the very beginning till the very end. It has had everything I look for in a romance.

Thank you for the arc in exchange for an honest review.
I was DESPERATELY waiting for this book to drop! I read things we never got over and got glued! Loved the characters, loved the romance, great storyline. Second book came out, felt the same way. But let me just say there was something about Lucien’s dark broody character you just NEED more of so when I heard this book was coming I could not wait! It was everything I could ask for. Dark, broody, sexy. You finally get to hear about what happened between Sloan and Lucien that we’ve been waiting for ages to find out! Read it, just read it