Cover Image: Happiness

Happiness

A sweet story of redemption and finding love where you least expect it. I love everything Danielle Steel writes and as usual, Happiness was no exception!

Another Danielle Steel win! Storyline is new and refreshing. Writing flows along nicely to keep the pages turning. Descriptions are clear and concise without going overboard and dragging chapters on and on. Enjoyed this one and highly recommend!

Thank you Net Galley and the publisher for my ARC copy of this book!

Danielle is my go-to author for a weekend escape-from-home, and Happiness definitely fit the bill! An exotic but peaceful setting no matter where author Sabrina Brooks chooses to settle... will she find romance and fall in love too? Verdict = made me smile and sigh a little. Thanks to #NetGalley for the opportunity to preview #Happiness by Danielle Steel - as always, I am already looking forward to her next release!

While this is a quick read there is a lot of repetitive description and character explanations. I kept waiting for her second husband to make an appearance. The ending was very abrupt and left me wanting things with Caleb to work out instead. Not my favorite book by Steel. 2.5 stars

This story follows Sabrina, a successful author who lives a pretty solitary life. Life has been hard for Sabrina but she is making the most of it now. However, when a long-lost uncle informs her that she has inherited a Manor in England, Sabrina has every intentional of selling it. That is until she realizes it might unlock some of the painful memories from her past.

This was my first Danielle Steele book and I absolutely loved it! This definitely won’t be my last book to read from her.

Thank you netgalley and publishers for allowing me to read this book. #Happiness #NetGalley

Sabrina Brooks is a successful author who lives alone with her two dogs. She writes thrillers but lives a solitary lifestyle. Her present maybe calm, but past is riddled with painful memories. An unlucky childhood and a bad marriage. Her calm life is disrupted when she receives a letter from a long-lost uncle. She inherited a Manor in England. She decides to go and sell it as soon as she can. She meets with a lawyer and discovers some family secrets along the way. Maybe she can discover why her father was so distant to her. A wonderfully written story, beautiful characters and an emotionally filled plot. I enjoyed this book immensely.

Disclaimer: Thank you NetGalley and Random House for this review copy and I am leaving this review voluntarily.

A fabulous “feel good” novel.. It was a quick, light, read and i got totally lost in it.
Many thanks to Random House and to Netgalley for providing me with a galley in exchange for my honest opinion.

The main character in this story is a young woman who has been in many bad relationships with family and the men in her life. She is finally content and happy to live alone with her dogs. She then finds out that she is heir to a house in another country. When she goes to see the house, she meets a man who could finally be the one. Is it worth it to take a risk and open her heart again? Will she find true happiness? This was another good and easy read by Danielle Steel.

DANIELLE STEEL LIKES TO SHRED MY HEART TO PIECES!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU TO NETGALLEY AND RANDOM HOUSE PUBLISHING GROUP, BALLANTINE FOR AN ARC OF THIS BOOK IN EXCHANGE FOR AN HONEST REVIEW!!!!!!!

Danielle Steel has once again created a fascinating read for romance lovers. Following Sabrina, a best-selling thriller author with an unfortunate personal history of failed romances and troubled relationships with her parents, readers embark on a cross-Atlantic journey as Sabrina discovers that her paternal uncle has recently died, leaving her an English estate and a title. The family lawyer, Grayson Abbott, who helps Sabrina explore her new estate and make her decision about the property, is also interesting and interested in Sabrina, but things are more complicated than Sabrina realizes. Steel’s characters and the budding romance between Grayson and Sabrina are, of course, the star of the novel, but readers will also receive some surprisingly wonderful side characters and platonic friendships that add to the layers of this novel. Fans of Danielle Steel will enjoy the drama of this novel, helped along by the characters and the added twists found in this latest Danielle Steel novel. This novel lives up to the standards that Steel has set for herself and for the genre, and readers will have some idea of what to expect as this novel progresses yet Happiness is still an enjoyable and easy read.

Sarina is a thriller writer who has put her life back together after a unhappy childhood and a abusive marriage. She has learned to make her own happiness and lives with her dogs in the Berkshires. After inheriting a English Manor in England she decides to go and check it out. He mets a man who has baggage. I have to say this was not my favorite DS book but it was ok.

I always love authors who make their main character a best-selling author! It makes me feel like I am seeing a little glimpse into the actual author's life. This was one of my favorite of her novels by how much it surprised me. I was not expecting how this book went and how it ended. Between finding love and self-discovery, I loved this story.

Thank you to Net Galley for an e-copy of Happiness by Danielle Steel.This is is aptly named book title because neither of the main characters have happiness in their love lives until they find each other.Sabrina Brooks is48 and writes horror novels and has lots of turmoil in her life.Abandoned by her mother at an early age she grew up with a loveless father who died young..Married to a surfer who needed a green card and a doctor who was a sociopath, Sabrina is shocked when she inherits a castle in England from her father’s estranged brother.Not knowing whether to keep the castle or sell, Sabrina travels to England to see it.While there she meets Grey, then lawyer handling the estate who has been in a loveless marriage for many years.It is only after meeting Sabrina that Grey realizes how unhappy he has been life. Can this couple overcome all the obstacles in front of them and find happiness ? Read the book and find out.

Happiness by Danielle Steel has Sabrina Brooks, a bestselling author, inheriting an estate from her uncle in England. We get to follow Sabrina as she goes on a journey from her cozy converted barn in the Berkshires to a lavish estate in England. Sabrina learns about her father’s family and about herself.

After falling head over heels, Sabrina learns that Gray is still married. Heartbroken, she returns home and tries to forget about him. But Gray is not ready to give up on her yet... And even though she's been hurt many times before, Sabrina isn't quite ready to give up on him, either.

While I enjoyed the book, I didn't think it was Steel's best. The plot is thin and repetitive, and contained few surprises

When Sabrina learns she’s a heir to a estate outside of London her life is about to change but Is it for the better?
After She inherits the family manor she also learns more about her father a man she really didn’t know.
This was a easy fast story but it does make you think about the choices we make in life.
Happiness is a choice, and a gift.
So do we choose to happiness or is being unhappy just familiar and something we get use to and except from life.
Thank you netgalley and Random House Publishing for letting me read this

This is typical Danielle Steel. Sabrina Brooks is a successful bestselling author of gripping thrillers that mimic her past relationships. As a child raised by an emotionally distant father, Sabrina rarely felt love. She has two failed marriages, one involving an abusive husband. Sabrina now has everything she’s ever wanted, until the arrival of a mysterious letter disrupts it all, It seems that Sabrina is the only living relative of her recently deceased uncle, and now the heir to his estate outside London. Sabrina decides to make the trip and learns so much about her father and the reasons he was an emotional cripple. She also meets her handsome estate attorney, Grayson Abbott. Her heart wonders if there is a new chapter awaiting her there. Loved the story and the book!

Very predictable. No character development. The premise of the book was that you're not happy until you meet a man.

Super quick read (couple of hours). Typical storyline for this author - successful female with drama or tragedy in her past, has something unexpected happen to change her life, and which time she meets a handsome stranger but circumstances keep them from being together, until things change, and then they are together and they live happily ever after. It wasn't a bad book; it wasn't a spectacular book. The characters were all very likable. The storyline was okay (but incredibly unrealistic). If you're looking for a fast, light, no-thinking-necessary book, then this is a great option.

I loved this book by Danielle Steel. It was well written, and fun to read. The character was stuck in a rut of a lifestyle she thought she enjoyed, until life presented her with other options. The character development was interesting to watch, and kept the reading smooth.