Cover Image: How Not To Murder Your Ex

How Not To Murder Your Ex

This was an enjoyable read that I got through fairly quickly!

The pacing was good, and I felt gripped throughout to see how the murder mystery played out.

The characters felt a little stereotypical, so I didn't really connect with any of them.

A murder mystery that's as fun as it is puzzling, How Not to Murder Your Ex is cosy crime that avoids any tweeness - there's an edge of blackness amongst the fun. Great little read

Thank you Boldwood Books and Netgalley.
This was rather chaotic but such a fun book and to be honest I was hooked.
I highly recommend this if you want something a bit different.

So did Clio murder her ex Gary…or not? That’s unfortunately what Clio doesn’t know when she discovers her dead ex on her front doorstep because she has no memory of the night before. She and some friends were celebrating her forty-fifth birthday with a few cocktails. Clio can’t remember, and the beverages consumed did not help with her recent forgetfulness or her hot flashes!

Gary’s death was definitely not an accident, but there don’t seem to be very many suspects other than Clio…until her friends Amber and Jeanie pitch in to fill in the blanks and prove Clio is innocent of her ex’s murder.

The author has developed an interesting group of characters, each with her unique perspective and life challenges. But when these women team up with a common goal, there’s just no stopping them.

Set in an English coastal town, How Not To Murder Your Ex is a fun read that’s the start of a new series that looks to be a treat for readers.

I loved this! I could not stop reading until the very end. I loved the setting, British Coast, and the characters were so relatable and perfect. I was enthralled throughout the whole story. Perfect mystery and I loved every word of it!!! I cannot wait for the next book in the series and see what all they get into.
I just reviewed How Not To Murder Your Ex by Katie Marsh. #HowNotToMurderYourEx #NetGalley
[NetGalley URL]

This was quite a chaotic book, which rather reflects Clio's life and when she finds the body of her, not lamented, late husband she has to work hard to find out who killed him before the police decide she had means and motive....

I really enjoyed this murder mystery! It was such an entertaining book and I loved the dual timelines from different POV’s. Especially from the POV of the victim. I think there will be other books in the series and I can’t wait to read them!

I had a lot of fun in reading this cozy mystery as it's full of humour, features likeable and fleshed out characters, kept me hooked and guessing.
I can't wait to read the next one
Recommended.
Many thanks to the publisher for this ARC, all opinions are mine

Really loved the story and plot. The characters were very loveable and I was hooked from chapter 1. Funny twist on a rom com story.

Imagine its the  day after your birthday, you've been out with friends, had a fab time, drunk too much and are now feeling the worst for wear. You open your front door to find your loathed ex husband dead on the doorstep! What would you do?

Main character Clio may have wished Gary dead but she doesn't think she would have actually done anything! However, unfortunately, she can't remember much at all! If it wasn't her that killed him, who was it? As they sober up and piece together events from the previous night Clio and her friends try work out what happened. Who else would hate him that much and why was he left on Clio's doorstep?

This is a fun murder mystery read, I really enjoyed it!

Clio and her friends become amateur sleuths after Clio’s ex-husband’s body is found on the steps of her caravan. He’s been murdered and she has the best motive of all – he had stolen everything from her and their daughter. And did I mention that it was Clio’s forty-fifth birthday and has a very vague memory of the night in question.

Katie Marsh has penned a light and entertaining mystery, filled with quirky characters that are well-defined. The book is fairly fast-paced with some humor. But, the plot is also somewhat predictable and there could have been more twists or, at least, some kind of “wow” moments. Nevertheless, if this is a new series, I think it has great promise and I’m looking forward to more from Clio and her friends. NetGalley provided an advance copy.

"How to Not Murder Your Ex" by Katie Marsh offers a comedic exploration of the complexities that come with post-breakup life. While the premise holds promise for an entertaining read, the execution leaves the reader with a mixed bag of emotions.

The novel follows the protagonist's journey as she navigates the aftermath of a breakup, providing glimpses into the challenges and mishaps that accompany the quest for closure. Marsh's writing style is light and conversational, making for an easy read. The humor is present, but it often feels forced, lacking the genuine wit that could elevate the story.

The characters, while relatable, fall into somewhat stereotypical roles, and their development feels a bit predictable. The narrative is peppered with moments that attempt to be quirky or insightful but, at times, come across as contrived. The pacing is steady, but the plot lacks the depth needed to truly engage the reader on a more profound level.

Despite its shortcomings, "How to Not Murder Your Ex" manages to capture some universal truths about moving on and self-discovery after a breakup. The book has its moments of charm and humor, but it may leave readers wanting more substance and nuance in its exploration of relationships.

In summary, "How to Not Murder Your Ex" is an okay read that delivers on its promise of a lighthearted take on post-breakup life. While it may not leave a lasting impression, it provides a moderate dose of entertainment for those seeking a casual, easygoing read in the realm of romantic comedies.

Likeable amateur sleuths, humour and a cosy crime plot make this an entertaining read. The characters are believable, and there is a good mix of laughter and darkness to engage the reader.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher.

Thank you Netgalley and Boldwood books for the ARC in exchange of an honest review.

How not to murder your ex is light, entertaining mystery which keeps you engaged from the very start.

I couldn't put it down till about 60% but towards the end I was really not interested anymore. It was too predictable, lacked complexity and shock factor necessary to keep readers engaged. There are no dropping clues or there are not really many suspects to wonder whodunit.

Characters are well written and quirky. The humour kept the tone of the book light but then it never made my heart race with curiosity as to who is responsible for the murder. After a point, I didn't even care enough.

Overall cozy and fast paced mystery. Could have been better with more clues, twists.

An enchanting journey through vividly imagined worlds and compelling characters. This fiction gem weaves a tapestry of emotions, adventure, and unexpected twists that kept me eagerly turning the pages. The author's masterful storytelling evokes a powerful connection, making this book an absolute delight to read. Highly recommended for anyone seeking a captivating escape into a richly crafted story!

An enjoyable and charming murder mystery, this book kept me hooked, eager to uncover the unfolding events. The narrative is infused with gentle humour, consistently bringing smiles to the reader's face.

This is a first for me by the author and one I enjoyed and I would read more of their work. The book cover is eye-catching and appealing and would spark my interest if in a bookshop. Thank you to the author, publisher and Netgalley for this ARC.

This is a fun cosy murder mystery that is quirky, funny, entertaining and is very easy to read. I enjoyed the story, the characters and had everything you want and need from a good book.

What more can I say but read it, enjoy it and have fun.

Thank you NetGalley and Boldwood Books for giving me the opportunity to read and review this book.

Very funny, very strange and quirky. A refreshing change. I finished this quickly. The characters made me laugh out loud. My thanks to Netgalley and the publishers for giving me the opportunity to read this book in return for an honest review.

Thank you to NetGalley, the publisher and author for the opportunity to read this book for my honest review. All opinions expressed are my own.

A fun, cozy murder mystery that had me reading on and on just to find out what was going on.
There is light humor throughout the story that will make you smile.
I do have to say, it did take me awhile to get into the storyline.

This was in one way a fun and cozy thriller that I really enjoyed.
The title was what drew me to this book the first time and after that the description of the book.

If you want a good and cozy thriller that is easy to read then this might be the one for you.