Cover Image: The Messiest Monster on Mill Street

The Messiest Monster on Mill Street

i wanted to read the book first before buying it for my toddlers like i always do and i adored this one. it's straightforward, it gives the children an imagination. i have toddlers who are 3 and 2 and let me tell you the mess they would leave me would be piled like a hill.

this book will help them how tidying up works and being responsible in your own things.

thank you for a copy!

Adorable illustrations and a cute story to help kids learn the importance of cleaning/picking up after themselves. Relatable for kids and written in a fun way for kids to relate to.

Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for providing me with this book in exchange for my review! All opinions are my own.

As a young girl, I was never really fond of monsters (because I was a girl and a scaredy cat -- I was more into princesses), but the beautiful illustrations drew me to this book. They reminded me of a cross between Disney and Pixar's Monster's Inc. and Mercer Mayer's Little Critter book series. It also slightly reminded me of Dr. Seuss's artwork. This book also teaches young children that not all monsters are scary (which is a very good lesson for children to learn from an early age). This should be purchased by parents, teachers and librarians to add to their children's book collection. I thought it was a very sweet read!

Connect with Me <3

My blog is https://bookreviewsbyjules.blogspot.com/

Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/44083250-julia (follow me and/or send a friend request!)

Instagram/bookstagram: https://www.instagram.com/bookreviewsbyjules/ (I follow back all Book accounts)

Substack: https://bookreviewsbyjules.substack.com/ (feel free to subscribe!)

How messy are your kids? Probably not as messy as Max, the messiest monster on Mill Street. His room is an absolute disaster. All it takes is the mess trying to swallow him whole and he decides to clean it up. Now "Max still is the messiest one on the street. But he tries to be tidy, and that is really quite neat."
As the mom of 3 boys (two of which are teenagers). I can definitely relate to how Max's mom might feel. This is a cute book for the youngest of my 3 to help reinforce how and why we need to pick up our messes.

Loved this book and the other two from this author! So light and rhyme-y but also appealing to littles with bright colors, relatable characters with big feelings. Highly recommend for the little ones in your life.

Read this with my kids, we all enjoyed it. We enjoy the book series of other emotions & use it as a learning tool. Thank you for a copy.

As the parent of small children, I appreciate having any opportunity to talk through growing up and personal responsibility. This book presents kids with a practical and appropriate roadmap to taking care of their own spaces.

Max is a very messy Monster. He just is too busy to pay attention to the mess he leaves around him. Until the day the mess overwhelms even him. Then he learns a bit of self-control.

This is a cute story with wonderful illustrations. The story does a good job of sharing a normal life problem and shows how one can take control to lessen the mess. I wasn’t fully convinced that it changed Max but it still has a good strong message to share with children to help them be aware of picking up after themselves. I would share this with my grandchildren and recommend it to be shared with children everywhere.

Source: October 2023 NetGalley.

One of our favourite kids book this year! We loved this story about the little monster and his struggle with his messy home.
Lovely play of words and illustrations. Good for kids around 4 to 6 years.

A great book to use to help show the concepts of what can happen if we don't clean up after ourselves. Definitely a worthwhile book to consider for story times or at school before clean up time happens.

As a mom of two kids who HATE cleaning- I LOVE this book! The sweet rhyming prose makes it so easy for children of any age to both follow and more importantly understand. This fun approach to reading through the main character Max will keep all small readers easily entertained. The illustrations are eye catching with plenty of bright colors. This is a wonderful children's book that I would recommend to everyone!

This was a fun read to my 3 year old. who is a little messy monster himself. He enjoyed the story as well as saying oh no messy monster.

The Messiest Monster on Mill Street by Sarah Sparks was such an adorable read! I love the idea of a little monster who is too busy having fun to clean up after himself. Along with a creative story, the illustrations by Sypha Vendez were quite literally the cutest things I have ever seen!! I absolutely loved this book and would recommend it to anyone looking for a precious children's book.
Thank you Netgalley for allowing me to read and review this book.

This story reminded me of myself. When I was reading it to my 5 yr old niece she also made the comment he’s like you. I’m messy, no matter what I do I still have to go back and pick up things I forgot. We enjoyed the story, we thought that he was very smart in knowing he had the messiest place and made changes for it to be picked up. Great story for kids.

I got this as an arc to read, but the thoughts are mine.

How did Max get his room so mess up? Max says he is too busy having fun to worry about it. One day all the clutter and mess comes alive as a monster. Max decides he needs to clean up his mess. He is glad when he is done cleaning up.

This is a delightful book to read. I think it would be good to read it with a child or children. The illustrations are bright and colorful. It’s not an overwhelming book to read with a child. There is a rhyming text. There is a clear message that should make it clear

The Messiest Monster On Mill Street is a super cute picture book you're kids will love. It's easy to relate to how messes grow put of control when your having a good time...although it is a bit exaggerated in a way kids will enjoy and find funny. The story is perfect for introducing beginning readers to rhyme. The story provides and important lesson about cleanliness in a humorous and entertaining way. The images are well done and really add to the storyperfect.for encouraging kids to pay attention to detail. I highly recommend this story for preschool and elementary age kids.

This is super cute. My kids really enjoyed reading this and the pictures with the story are great!!!

This is an great book for children.
This book will teach about how important it is to keep everything tidy and not be messy.

This was a very bright and colorful book. The characters and illustrations were very cute. I love the underlying lesson that is within the story. My toddler like these but wasn’t overly excited about them. I would definitely recommend for ages 2-6 years.

Me and my children enjoyed this story with all the characters within. It about a monster that makes a lot of mess. When the mess gets to big and covers him. He decides to clean up a bit of the mess.

This was a fun story to read. It had action within. It had a few giggles throughout. The illustrations were colorful and went along with the story well.

I received a complimentary copy via Netgalley. This is my honest unbiased opinions.