Cover Image: Bloody Heart

Bloody Heart

Good steamy read. Felt a little disconnected at parts but I haven’t read the other books in the series so that might be why. The secret baby story isn’t my favorite and this one was well written

Dante!!! Finally.
I loved this book so much even though it wasn'tmy favorite in the series. Sophie Lark is a queen and now I really need to read her Sinners Duet. I can't wait. I love this series so much!

Thank you NetGalley and author Sophie Lark for the copy in exchange for an honest review.

"When you get a second chance, you don’t wait for a third…

Simone Solomon lives in a gilded cage. She’s been raised to wealth, privilege, and above all, obedience.

Hiding in the back of a limousine, dreading another tedious gala, Simone is abducted by a mafioso who intended to steal a car, not a girl.

Dante Gallo looks like a beast and behaves like one, too — until he lays eyes on Simone. Their attraction is irresistible, even if they’re completely wrong for each other.

Simone is willing to risk everything for Dante — until the disastrous night that splits them apart.

Fate grants her one more chance to reconnect with the man she can’t forget. But Simone has a secret… a mistake she fears Dante will never forgive…"

This is the fourth book in the Brutal Birthright series. I love reading this book. It is very spicy. A fun read and a page turner. I loved how obsessed they were with each other.

Thank you NetGalley for the ARC.
As all Sophie Lark’s books, you get hooked from the first page. The series has a continuity but each book is also a stand alone. I was wondering about Dante and I can say it was worth it. The first half of the book was particularly good.
Thanks

Another spicy mafia romance, with action packed scenes! I enjoyed this book, but I think book 3 is my favorite so far! I enjoyed Dante's rough around the edges approach, but Simone's bravery and lack of fear to go after what she wants was impressive to me also. The scene in the park when they're younger was everything! I love Sophie's characters and story flow, at times it feels like scenes could be drug out more, and more detail added giving more depth to situations, but it doesn't stop me from enjoying every book that I've read to this point.

This is second chance romance about Dante and Simone's story.

I was initially hyped up about this book after reading the rest in this series. We hear about how Dante lost a great love. I couldn't wait to hear the actual story between these two.

This involves:
Forbidden romance
Accidental abduction
Secrets
Mafia
Second chance romance

This overall wasn't a bad series, but I do think I enjoyed the other books in this series more. I wanted a better background of the whole "instant love."

Thanks to Netgalley and the publisher for this book in exchange of an honest review.

thank you to netgalley for the advanced reading copy. I really enjoyed this and will be getting copies for my shop.

I want to thank NetGalley, Publishers SOURCEBOOKS Bloom Books, and the author Sophie Lark for providing this e-ARC. Witch, I will be giving my honest and sincere review.

I love 😍 Sophie Lark's writing and descriptive moments, It is the fourth book of the Brutal Birthright series, a double POV between Dante Gallo from the Gallo Family a known and dangerous mafia Family, and Simone the daughter of an Ambassador, in my eyes, he's worse than any Mafia "Criminoso", "Malfaiteur".
Simone's music taste was amazing she has an Apocalypse playlist "Zombie - Cranberries" :) we see a few songs mentioned in the book.
The relationship starts right from the beginning savage and carnal.
Dante and Simone feel like the most illegal relationship, with impulsive behaviour. They meet in the most questionable situation, but their relationship starts as soon as it ends with the demands of Simone's father.
9 years later, Simone sees Dante again, but she has a secret. And she's afraid to tell it.

The book starts before the Brutal Prince timeline and extends until Savage Lover Through Dante's point of view we can recognize some events, from the past books.

Dante & Simone: "https://www.pinterest.ca/pin/475200198196592196/" in my head because watching fan art why not?

Not my favorite of the series but still enjoyable. I was a bit confused at first because the whole beginning of the book moved SO quickly. I had to read the synopsis to confirm it was set in the past until the point where it jumped to the current time in the series. Dante and Simone have a very passionate summer together before she goes away to London like her parents want from her. I didn't love young Dante because he just seemed too impulsive but also very gruff and "alpha male" which I didn't love. Their summer results in Simone being pregnant which is why she goes away after seeing Dante covered in soot and blood after a mafia confrontation.

For 9 years the 2 brood and pine away for each other without attempting to reconnect more than once. Then Simone returns to Chicago for work and naturally runs into Dante working security for an event her father is speaking at. The 2 fight the fact that they're still drawn to each other 9 years later, while Simone decades whether or not to tell Dante about his son. Dante is busy trying to locate a shooter that has been aiming for her father before he can strike again.

The second half of the book dragged a bit compared to the first but I still devoured it all the same. The end was more enjoyable with the higher stakes and I enjoyed meeting Rylan in the end. I don't particularly love how Simone gets pregnant after 1 outing of sex.

another miss for me. while its not the worst thing ive ever read, i dont enjoy reading these books and this series has definitely not been a hit for me. i truly believe this is a genre thing and nothing against sophie lark. alas, i had to give them a try as they’re so popular!

Dante is a dream. I seriously could not stop reading, I was captivated by Dante and Simone. There second chance romance is absolutely brilliant.

Whew so hot! I could not stop reading this steamy second chance Mafia romance. It is so hot and Dante is on Fire!! There is a pregnancy in this but it itbis done extremely well. I love Sophie Lark's books they never fail to give me hot steamy romance with a great plot and a completed feel at the end! 5 stars!
I just reviewed Bloody Heart by Sophie Lark. #NetGalley
[NetGalley URL]

In this one we follow big brother Dante Gallo and find out about his lovestory with Simone. Lemme start off by saying that I once again lOVED Aida in this one, her relationship with her brothers is so good and i find it so funny how she gets her way

I was excited to finally get to Dante and Simone's story. I really enjoyed their background story and the second chance trope. I loved their chemistry and their connection and I'm glad it was visible throughout the entire book.

The ending felt a bit off to me. We don't get to see them heal or go over what truly happened 9 years prior. I wish we would've seen a confrontational scene between them and her parents. Some lines were also a bit cringy in my opinion, but I can let that slide.

Overall, I'm happy for Dante and I loved seeing the rest of their family in this book (like Aida!!).

Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for this eARC in exchange for my honest opinion and review.

The author’s power storytelling leaves you fulfilled with emotions and satisfied with the plot. I love how the author drives the plot and the relationships she builds. She is a powerful and engaging storyteller. I like how she mounts the story to come to a full stop at the end.

This was a second chance romance between Dante and Simone and I really enjoyed it. I’m glad we got to see them fall in love in the past, and then be reunited in the present. I also really liked the action in the second half of this book. The ending has me so excited for Riona and Raylan’s book!

I had previously been flying through this series but I have found myself struggling to get through this one. I thinks it’s difficult because it burns hot at first and then there’s a significant time gap. I also wasn’t a huge fan of the whole modelling plot point. Feels like her parents would NEVER allow it. I would have enjoyed a book with more interaction between the two love interests but I’m sure others will enjoy it!

Eh. That was my feeling for Bloody Heart. Dante and Simone's relationship has been so built up I was expecting a much more heart-wrenching/angsty reveal. With all of our other couples, we go in blind and knowing nothing. It's a disservice to Dante/Simone because we have heard about this great love that Dante lost, and then it doesn't quite hit the mark.

I would have liked more character development. I think too much of the story was spent on background and absolutely not enough time was spent in the present. We don't see how Dante and Simone even begin to deal with their issues, there's just no healing, just bing bang boom all is forgiven with a hefty climax (literally and figuratively). Simone needs to not be such a god damn doormat to her parents. For all her talk of "changing" there's no showdown between her parents and Dante, or a strong talk about how that's going to look. It's a loose end. Dante is still the same brooding man, who we now know is approximately 89 feet tall and 29 feet wide, he just can shoot things now. There's no discussion or tying up of any of the problems that faced Dante and Simone at the beginning of the book. It's just "hey we had a 9 year separation, fucked once, faced down a psychopath and all is well".

Spice was good, but I think Dante either needed to decide he was a Dom or not. The whole "one scene of BDSM" is a disservice to the lifestyle, he's either in or out.

I'm excited to read Riona's story, but I hope that she doesn't flip a 180 on us and go full marshmallow and keeps her "fuck you" attitude.

WOW if you like the secret baby thing then this one will be for you!! This was an amazing title that I could not put down. I enjoyed every second of this one!

Sophie Lark has done it again. 🔥 I don’t think that I have read a Sophie Lark book that I haven’t loved. Her characters are so well written and it’s hard not to enjoy them. I’m so excited to see what else Sophie Lark will come up with in the future.