The French Cookery School, what a fun atmospheric read. I'd love to go a week long vacation to such a cookery school. The location, characters and everything about the story was great and I enjoyed reading about it very much.

Please can I go on a Caroline James holiday every year? Her books are so full of joy, feeling, and wonderful characters I just want to be part of them. Mature folk with stories to tell taking the holiday of a lifetime โ€“ I can take as much of that as she can write.

Arriving at La Maison du Paradis, uptight Caroline and gregarious Fran are chalk and cheese. While Carolineโ€™s life is falling apart around her ears and sheโ€™s looking for inspiration to save her business, Fran is there to take her dreams to the next level. With trusty husband Stan at home in Blackpool keeping their award-winning fish and chip shop running, they dream of bringing fine dining to their home town. But will Fran prove a good enough cook to do it?

The other guests, the owner of the chateau, his staff and celebrity chef employed for the week, all provide a strong supporting cast, written with a humour and affection that spreads its warmth throughout this wonderful book. Coupled with a setting to die for, gorgeous food, a little bit of drama and a sliver or two of romance, I find it hard to imagine a better holiday read. The talented Caroline James at her very best.

Ah there is something about Caroline and the way she manages to make you laugh, smile and root for the characters in her books. This is my second novel of hers and I absoutely loved it.

Caroline Carrington (love that the author has named her main character with her own name. Her surname is quiet unforgettable) - a girl who has the biggest journey of the book. There will be times you'l be fustrated with her but will she get her happy ever after?

Fran - ah this girl is impossible not to love. The biggest heart who is the life and soul of the book.

Waltho - you just want to hug him and for him to open up and get his happy after ever.

Set in gorgeous France, this book is a delight and a real page turneer that is full of details, tons of research and one that you will want to keep on reading. I did as I hate characters and loved others. It's one of those stories you don't want to end or least get a sequel!

Can't wait for the best book, Caroline!

I enjoyed this book but not as much as the previous two, despite the unexpected appearance of Bridgette! As usual, the author takes a group of older people and we see their problems, irritations and blossoming friendships play out against the backdrop of a new setting. The French cookery school takes place in a lovely house surrounded by fields and flowers, and the daily outings take its guests to some beautiful villages but I felt a bit overwhelmed at times by the descriptions of the places and of the food. I liked it best when we got into the relationships that were being formed
Fran is an over the top brash Northerner. Caroline is cool and poised, detached and rather standoffish, but I loved seeing them finally bond when a life threatening event happens. By the end of the story the characters had become very real to me and I wanted them all to be happy.

๐—ง๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—™๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐—ฐ๐—ต ๐—–๐—ผ๐—ผ๐—ธ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐˜† ๐—ฆ๐—ฐ๐—ต๐—ผ๐—ผ๐—น ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—–๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ผ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฒ ๐—๐—ฎ๐—บ๐—ฒ๐˜€
โ €
"Life is like chocolate, savour it before it melts."โ €
โ €
๐—ง๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—™๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐—ฐ๐—ต ๐—–๐—ผ๐—ผ๐—ธ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐˜† ๐—ฆ๐—ฐ๐—ต๐—ผ๐—ผ๐—น is as fluffy as a french meringue. Itโ€™s a perfect novel to read by the pool, at the beach, or on a lazy rainy day. You will laugh, you will cry and you will binge this in a sitting like a bag of Jelly Babies (ษช ๐Ÿ’•แดŠแด‡สŸสŸส ส™แด€ส™ษชแด‡s). โ €โ €
Imagine a week vacation in the French countryside at a beautiful remodeled chateau where you learn to cook, eat delicious food prepared by a fancy chef, drink wine by the pool in the afternoons, and stroll the markets in the quaint village. Throw in meeting lifelong friends, falling in love and you have the perfect recipe for a charming novel.
ส™แด‡sแด› แด˜แด€ษชส€แด‡แด… แดกษชแด›สœ "แด„สœแดแด„แดสŸแด€แด›" แด€ษดแด… "แด›สœแด‡ แด›แด€sแด›แด‡ แดา“ แด›สœษชษดษขs" า“ษชสŸแดs. แด€ษดแด… sษชษดแด„แด‡ แดกแด‡ แด…แดษดแด› สœแด€แด แด‡ แด€ า“ส€แด‡ษดแด„สœ แด„แดแดแด‹แด‡ส€ส sสœแดแดก " แด›สœแด‡ ษขส€แด‡แด€แด› ส™ส€ษชแด›ษชsสœ ส™แด€แด‹ษชษดษข sสœแดแดก" แดกษชสŸสŸ สœแด€แด แด‡ แด›แด แด…แด. โ €
๐™๐™š๐™–๐™™๐™ฎ, ๐™Ž๐™š๐™ฉ, ๐˜ฝ๐™–๐™ ๐™š! โ €
๐Ÿ“š333 ๐™ฅ๐™–๐™œ๐™š๐™จ ๐™ค๐™ฃ ๐™†๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™™๐™ก๐™š โ €
โ €
แด›สœแด€ษดแด‹ สแดแดœ แด›แด @ษดแด‡แด›ษขแด€สŸสŸแด‡ส @แดษดแด‡แดแดส€แด‡แด„สœแด€แด˜แด›แด‡ส€ @แด„แด€ส€แดสŸษชษดแด‡แดŠแด€แดแด‡s า“แดส€ แด›สœแด‡ ษขษชา“แด›แด‡แด… แด€ส€แด„. ๐™๐™๐™š ๐™๐™ง๐™š๐™ฃ๐™˜๐™ ๐˜พ๐™ค๐™ค๐™ ๐™š๐™ง๐™ฎ ๐™Ž๐™˜๐™๐™ค๐™ค๐™ก ๐™ฌ๐™ž๐™ก๐™ก ๐™—๐™š ๐™ฅ๐™ช๐™—๐™ก๐™ž๐™จ๐™๐™š๐™™ ๐Ÿฐ/๐Ÿฎ๐Ÿฑ/๐Ÿฎ๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿฎ๐Ÿฐ.

The French Cookery School by Caroline James was such an uplifting story, where strangers from all different backgrounds come together for an adventurous and amusing week of cooking in the French countryside. The writing was very descriptive and really allowed you to envision the characters and locations in the story. The cooking aspect was also enjoyable. This book had a fun cast of characters with a lot of heart, who all supported each other so much. Each person had a satisfying conclusion to their individual story lines. I would love to see a movie adaptation of this book!

I rated The French Cookery School 4/5 stars and recommend it for anyone looking for a feel-good mental vacation/escape.

Thank you to NetGalley, the author, and HarperCollins UK, One More Chapter for the opportunity to read and review the ARC version of this book.

A lovely book for a lazy afternoon. I finished it in one sitting. Descriptions of France and the food were wonderful!

Thank you to the Publisher and NetGalley for this ARC in exchange for an honest review.

I received this as an ARC from NetGalley (with thanks to the author, Caroline James and the publisher Harper Collins UK)

This is the first Caroline James book I have ever read (yet I am now aware that she has penned more than just this one book.) I requested this book originally from NetGalley as I was attracted to it by the title. I must admit that I have a certain soft spot for stories focussing on food or cookery.

The characters are all likeable - even the roguish Chef Daniel and the ice queen Caroline (when she finally does melt that is.) There are some tense moments - near the end of the book which involve both Caroline and Fran. (I won't spoilt this because you do need to read this book to find out what that is. Fran is an absolute selfless hero, which is one reason why I like that character so much.)

This is also very warm-hearted and amusing. The descriptions of the French countryside were really beautifully written and really set the scene of the story. The descriptions of the medieval towns were also very lovely and appreciated. (I love medieval things. I am crazy about that era, in fact.) The descriptions of the food were also much appreciated (by this particular foodie at any rate.) I believe that the author actually went on a cookery course in France some years ago which is why she decided to write this book now. It does give a certain strong sense of authenticity to the novel, because you really do get the sense that she knows what she's talking about.)

I did thoroughly enjoy this book and the front cover also is very vibrant and eye-catching. This is definitely well worth a read if you love wholesome feel-good stories, or just love books about food and cooking (or perhaps, if you're like me, enjoy both!)

This is a perfect Saturday afternoon read. Fantastic descriptions of food and France. Amazing characters. I loved all of them but Fran and Caroline stood out. . A perfect neat ending. Just a great read. The tittle said it all.

I havenโ€™t read anything by Caroline James before but I was pleasantly surprised as it was such an enjoyable story.
Itโ€™s about a group of characters attending a cookery school in France all for very different reasons. The setting was lovely and I loved reading about all the different dishes they learnt to cook.
Fran was my favourite character by far and the ending was perfect.
Thanks to NetGalley, Harper Collins UK One More Chapter and Caroline James for an advanced copy in exchange for an unbiased and honest review.

A story of a group of older folks who travel to a beautiful spot in France for weeklong culinary school. Each has reasons they are there and many have baggage. The group bonds over the week and grow close. It is a good story, though some of the characters were a unrealistic characteratures. Overall I enjoyed it with lovely location and mouthwatering food.

I absolutely love Caroline a James. Her other book Cruise was one of my favorites. Iโ€™m so excited to read, review, and acquire The French Cookery School. I have recently with Food shows such as the bear and Foid Network have been getting into learning about cooking and the fascinating world that it is. Iโ€™m beyond excite$ to share my full review and thoughts as well as get acquainted with this fun cast of characters as well