Cover Image: Coffee and Cake at Wildflower Lock

Coffee and Cake at Wildflower Lock

Book two in the series , and just as enjoyable as book one !
Brilliant characters, great storyline and a beautiful setting.
An entertaining light read I would recommend
Thank you to Netgalley, Boldwood Books and Hannah Lynn for letting me read this book in exchange for an honest review

Coffee and Cake at Wildflower Lock by Hannah Lynn

A lovely romantic story with great friendships, set in a beautiful setting. It was an easy read with a good plot that keeps you engrossed the whole way through. The only downfall for the story line for me was I wanted Daisy to strengthen her opinion on herself and maybe toughen up a little ( which eventually she does - but I struggled with it a little along the way). Thanks so much Netgalley and Boldwood Books for this e-arc in return for my honest thought and opinions.

What a perfect combination of a wonderful setting with delicious cakes and coffee. It makes you want to live on the river next to a gorgeous floating coffee seller! Daisy want to make a success of her business and has a great friend in Theo, who lives on a neighbouring boat. She is encouraged to sell her artwork and you really wish her well. A series to follow.

Daisy May transforms her inherited houseboat into a coffee shop with the help of her neighbor Theo, while battling her fear of love. When her shop faces financial troubles, a chance encounter leads her on a journey to promote her art and save her business. Set in a picturesque canal setting, 'Coffee and Cake on the Wildflower Lock' offers a charming romcom filled with sliding doors moments and sweet romance. While it can be enjoyed as a standalone, it leaves room for exploration of backstory and side characters in the series.

Daisy is an amusing and relatable character who finds herself in a bit of a love triangle, torn between two very different men. Her life has been turned on its head since she decided to renovate and live on the barge and life by Wildflower Lock is certainly eventful. Daisy has an impulsive and independent streak but she is learning to accept help from her friends and family.

I was sure I knew which choice I thought Daisy ought to make but I was never sure what she was going to do next. She is obviously talented as an artist but lacks confidence in her own abilities. She also struggles to trust people and at times, her communication seems to be lacking. There is plenty of scope for future stories in this series and I am looking forward to seeing what Daisy does next!

In short: An uplifting story with humour and romance.

Did not realise this was the second book about the main character Daisy, however, that did not give me any concerns. I thoroughly enjoyed it as a stand alone story. Loved the setting - a canal boat cafe, what a great idea. Yes, it's maybe a little predictable, but I would still recommend it

I am so disappointed that I didn't like this book as much as I enjoyed reading the first one! Daisy seemed almost unlikeable in this second part. I guess I was expecting a bit more of the romance to come out, but t didn't. I may not stick around to see it unfold in the next installment. But, this was a quick read and others may just enjoy it.

Thank you to Boldwood Books and Netgalley for an early copy in exchange for an honest review.

A nice easy read, didn’t realise this was the second in a series, and whilst I would suggest reading book one first you can easily catch up.

I did at times find the main character Daisy a bit frustrating, however I loved the location and aspects of life on the canals.

Thank you to the author, publisher and NetGalley UK for a free ebook in exchange for an honest review.

Quite a nice story about Daisy who is living in a canal boat and running a takeaway coffee business. She has a run of bad luck and troubles setting up her business. She has two men helping her, Theo , who I have to say she treats as a doormat and Christian. Because of time issues, I rushed reading this book, though I did enjoy it on the whole. A feel good book . Daisy could be egocentrical but the descriptions of the places and life by the lock are really good .
I gather this is book 2 of a series, I haven't read the first, but this is fine as a standalone. I look forward to reading the next book though.

Thanks to Net Galley for the ARC

When I started to read this book I did not realise that this was the second in a series. However, enough back story is given quickly for this not to be a problem.
Daisy has inherited the September Rose - a narrow boat from her father. She has been renovating it with her neighbour Theo. At the beginning of the book she leaves her flat to go and living on the boat permanently. She has invested all her savings into this renovation and making a small part of the boat a takeaway coffeeshop. Her first day of trade is an amazing success then a tidal wave of bad luck hits. Now she needs to find money for repairs and a trading license.
A knight in shining armour appears in the form of Christian who is a bit of a marketing guru and feels she can sell her art work to raise the much needed funds. Working with Christian to sort out the art auction at Wildflower Lock and Theo to sort out the boat Daisy starts to have feelings for both 0f them. What should she do and will she raise enough money to make the coffee shop a success.
Daisy's friends are always there to help and bring a little humour to the story line. the location sounds beautiful - definitely somewhere you would want to visit on a lazy Sunday afternoon. I liked the contrasts between Christian and Theo but, did find Daisy a little bit two dimensional at times.

Charming but predictable. The love triangle felt a bit forced, but the rest of the book was very entertaining. It's enough to make you want a canal boat of your own, minus all the problems and annoying bachelor parties. The book is part of a series, but it also works well as a standalone.

I got this arc in exchange for an honest review.

This was a struggle to read because it is dull. Even the part where Daisy's boat was unmoored and struck by a tree was dull. There wasn't excitement in the form of Daisy getting angry with the vandals that caused her boat to get damaged. She sort of felt sorry for them that someone had called the police on them. Uh, what?

This is actually book number 2 of 3 from ‘The Wildflower Lock’ series and is a wonderful, uplifting romance.

I loved all the characters and really enjoyed getting to know them all and become immersed in their stories. The way they were written, they were all very real and down to earth and also very believable.

This was a beautiful, heartwarming story with lots of romance and a beautiful setting.

This is definitely not the last book that i will read from this author as i am eagerly awaiting the next book in the series………….

This is the second book in the Wildflower Lock series, while it possibly could be read as a standalone story, you get more enjoyment and a better experience if you read the first book, more of the backstory and characters and it’s carrying on after this book too, plus Hannah Lynn is a wonderful writer and I thoroughly encourage you to read the first book before this, also because it’s just another lovely story and you don’t want to deprive yourself of a great read.

Coffee and Cake on the Wildflower Lock was a pleasure to read and I adore how Hannah Lynn manages to use her skills as an author to make me fall into her worlds, as I read her descriptions are so beautifully done I’m there at the lock. This is such an uplifting romance, I loved following the characters journeys and seeing where their decisions take them. I’m looking forward to the next book and seeing what’s next for Daisy and ……. (No spoilers here you’ll have to read) this is such a wonderful series, fully deserved five stars from me.

This book is the second part of the Wildflower Lock series. It can be read as a standalone novel but I suggest reading the first book before reading this one.
It was great to catch up with Daisy again. Just as everything seemed to be going right for a change, there were several large spanners in the works, including a love triangle. I really wanted her to make the right decision.
This is a heartwarming and enjoyable read. I'm really looking forward to reading the next book in the series.
Thank you to Netgalley and Boldwood books for my ARC.

I think this is a lovely story, and a great continuation of Daisy's story. I couldn't put it down, this was a perfect mix of romance and wonderful friendships. I loved the setting so much and was instantly rooting for Daisy and Theo to notice just how good they were together. I am so happy to hear that there will be another book in this beautiful series. #coffeeandcakeatwildflowerlock #hannahlynn #romance #goodreads

In this delightful narrative, we follow Daisy, our heroine, as she prepares to launch a small coffee shop on her narrowboat moored at Wildflower Lock. As expected, smooth sailing isn’t on the agenda – Daisy seems to have an unfortunate streak of luck. Fortunately, she’s surrounded by a supportive circle, including her mom, two best friends, and the charming Theo from the neighboring boat. The plot thickens when a new man enters her life, raising questions about whether he’ll be a helpful ally or a disruptive force. To uncover the outcome, you’ll have to give it a read.

The book offers a heartwarming tale set in a charming environment, providing ample room for mishaps, mayhem, and, of course, romance. The author’s approachable writing style makes it an easy and engaging read, perfect for those moments when you want to unwind. While I couldn’t help but feel sympathy for Daisy, given her seemingly endless string of misfortune, I also wished she would take more control of her life and decisions. “Toughen up, Daisy; you’re capable of more than you think.”

Overall, I found this book to be an enjoyable romantic story with an endearing setting, delightful characters, and an entertaining plot that kept me hooked until the end. Readers familiar with the first book will likely be eager to catch up on Daisy’s latest adventures aboard the September Rose. For newcomers it serves as a compelling introduction, sparking curiosity about Daisy’s journey leading up to this point and what lies ahead.

I am ashamed to say that I haven’t read the first book in this series (New Beginnings at Wildflower Lock), I hadn’t even realised that there was a preceding book until after I had volunteered for the tour. From what I’ve gleaned about what must have happened in that book from this one, it sounds like something I should read! However, the fact that I haven’t read the first book didn’t spoil my understanding or enjoyment of this one, it just made me feel like I’d missed out!

In this book, we find our heroine, Daisy, about to embark on opening a tiny coffee shop on her narrowboat moored at Wildflower Lock. Of course, things don’t go smoothly, if they did it would be a very short story but Daisy does indeed seem particularly unlucky, I have to say. It’s lucky she has people around to help her, particularly her mum, her two best friends and the handsome Theo who lives on the neighbouring boat. Across the course of the book, a new man enters her life as a further helpmate, or is he going to throw a spanner in the works? Read it and find out.

This book is a really sweet story with a cute setting and plenty of scope for mishaps and mayhem, as well as romance. The author’s writing style is very approachable and easy to read so the book was something you can pick up in an idle moment and soon immerse yourself in if you are just wanting to relax. Although I felt quite sorry for Daisy – she does seem to have absolutely the worst luck – she was also slightly helpless and I wished she would take a bit more control of her life and stop needed other people to tell her what to do. Toughen up, Daisy, you’re capable of more than you think.

Overall, I enjoyed this book as a cute romance with an appealing setting, some charming characters and a fun plot that kept me wanting to read on until the end. I’m sure anyone who has read the first book will be eager to read how Daisy is getting on in her new life on the September Rose and they won’t be disappointed. Readers new to the series like me will be encouraged to go back to the beginning and find out how Daisy ended up where she is and then what will happen next. Definitely a series to add to the collection for lovers of light romantic fiction.

I wanted to read this book because I used to live on a narrowboat. I loved life afloat and reading Coffee and Cake at Wildflower Lock made me really nostalgic for my boating days. Hats off to Hannah Lynn for really capturing what life on a boat is like. I had quite a few unfortunate mishaps of my own in my early days on board my boat, Aurora.

I always love novels about women launching businesses or tackling creative projects, and this coupled with the boat made this novel ideal for me. Add to that a character who I can really relate to – she’s the sort of woman I’d like as a friend – and a dash of romance and you have the perfect combo.

Hannah Lynn is a new author to me, and the acid test when I read any book by a new author is this: will the book have me adding her backlist to my TBR pile? The answer here is yes, absolutely!

The only thing I would say was that I should probably have New Beginnings at Wildflower Lock first, but I’m off to read it now!

Thank you to the author, NEtGalley, Rachel's Random Resources and Boldwood Books for the ARC.

So this is the second book at the Wildflower Lock, I haven't read the first one but I didn't find that was an issue, I got a pretty good rundown of need-to-know information from it within the first four chapters. This is a really easy-to-read book, it's written well and pretty quick to read, I just about read it in a day bar 4 chapters. Hannah Lynn really made it easy to picture Daisy and her boat, which sounds beautiful by the way, in fact, she described all the characters so vividly that I could close my eyes and see them and whatever situation they were in. Both of Daisy's love interests were charming, Theo seemed like a genuinely nice bloke but I have to say I was suspicious of Christian. He seemed to have all the solutions for Daisy's problems but I didn't understand why he was helping her, someone he barely knew, plus he threw his money around a lot and something just felt off about him.
I loved the idea of the canal boat cafe, it sounds exactly like the kind of place I'd gravitate towards if I were walking down the canal and saw it.
But if I'm honest I didn't like Daisy, I regularly found her irritating with regard to the two men she went back and forth between them constantly flip-flopping and while I get that is the major plot of the book I just didn't like it.
Having said that Hannah Lynn's writing style is enjoyable so I think ill try one of her other books at some point this year.