I liked the premise but found that the pacing didn't work for me. There was a lot of repetitive information and quite a bit of exposition at the beginning that didn't really seem relevant (I didn't feel like I learned anything important about the characters, setting, or plot; OR the exposition repeated itself so I learned the same things 3 or 4 times in the span of a few pages).

Overall I feel like I lost momentum and wasn't really invested, so I ended up DNFing.

"Welcome to Hollyhock Farm" by Georgina Troy. What can I say other than I enjoyed it and read in one day. Who doesn’t want to escape to a small farm on an island in the English Channel…

Set sail for the idyllic island of Jersey in this gorgeous new romance, perfect for fans of Rachael Lucas and Phillipa Ashley...

The setting of a small farm on the Island of Jersey sounded breathtaking. It had everything you could want in a story love, family, community and second chances.

I found the characters to be well developed, and multi-dimensional. You had her childhood crush Brodie back on the island as the local vet, then the fireman Joe who all wanted to help Lettie with the farm while her parents were away. The story was told from Lettie’s perspective as well as Brodies .

I will definitely read other books by this author.

I requested and received an advance reader copy of this book from Boldwood Books and Netgalley. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

I wanted to love this book more but I didn’t. I think maybe I just wasn’t in the mood.

This was a very easy read that was like hallmark in a book, but found myself also getting bored.

Not a bad book, it had a cute plot and good writing, but I just couldn't get into it. I had trouble relating to the characters or believing the storyline. It seemed to jump around and not mover very cohesively.

This was such a beautiful romance in a one of a kind place. I wish I could visit! Definitely read this one.

Set in Jersey, what a lovely place, good characters and setting. Really enjoyable read and I did enjoy it very much. 5 stars.

Thanks to Netgalley, author and publisher for this ARC

Lettie has left London to come home to Jersey as her mum and dad insisted she visit. She's already facing a few choices in her career and is even more thrown when she has a chance to work and run the family farm.

Lettie soon makes friends with the new vet Brodie. Brodie is desperate to build up his new practise and establish his place in the community.

Told from both perspectives this is an easy to read summer romance.

Cute story, loved the setting and characters. Writing could have been fine tuned a bit more in editing but I imagine it may go through another round before final publishing (I read an advanced copy).
Fave things about the book - Lettie taking walks on the beach & Brodie surfing. Brought the point home that the sea is therapeutic.

Thank you NetGalley and Boldwood Books for the ARC in exchange for an honest review.

This is an easy to read modern day romance that gave me Hallmark vibes. Lettie moves back to her small-town home after she is let go from her big career as a fashion designer. She is determined to take over the family farm and has 3 months to prove herself. She encounters her high school crush who is the new town veterinarian.

Cute and predictable storyline. The ending was very abrupt and left me wanting.

The setting of this story was absolutely dreamy and wonderful. I felt like I was in the farm breathing in the fresh spring air with Lettie. The romance was sweet and I enjoyed the story. The only feedback I have is that the dialogue felt a little bit stiff at times. I prefer stories that sound like real people have conversations and not such proper, stilted sentences. Overall, it was sweet and fun and I enjoyed it!

This was a very good book. It was sweet and very well written. It is a perfect book for summer time. The setting was so perfect and it felt like I was there.

Enjoyable feel good story about a young woman who decides to take over the family farm. Easy read. Growing up on a farm myself, it resonated with me!

I absolutely love this author and yet again Georgina Troy does not disappoint. Set on Jersey . You follow Lettie trying to prove she is more capable of running the family farm. Her father wants to slow down. Throw in a handsome vet, a firefighter , two lovely dogs, siblings and you have a great story. You have beautiful beaches and the fabulous Jersey royals get a mention too. Ace book

I kind of like stories about people who decide to drastically change their career path or life generally, like Lettie did. But apart from her finding her long lost romance, it seemed to me nothing actually happened in this book.

Thanks to Netgalley and the publisher for a copy of the book.

This was an enjoyable romantic book with a beautiful setting at Hollyhock Farm in Jersey.
Letties parents decide to sell the Farm so they can retire following her Dads heartattack, but Lettie decides to take on the farm to stop them selling.
Lettie was a lovely character who I was willing to succeed throughout the story.
I loved the ending although it was slightly open ended and felt slightly rushed
Thanks to Netgalley, Georgina Troy and Boldwood Books for an advanced copy in exchange for an unbiased and honest review.

This was my first Georgina Troy read. I enjoyed a lot of the characters, in particular our two MCs, Lettie and Brodie, and their sweet doggos. At times, the pacing felt off for me, as did some of the decision-making by our characters. I also liked the setting of the island of Jersey and the descriptions of the farm and surrounding village.

Read for:
🚪closed-door romance
🐾 animals in starring roles
👀 small town community vibes

Thanks to NetGalley and Boldwood Books for the opportunity to read this ARC!

A nice but typical romance. While there is some tie up at the end, much is left pretty unresolved which always irks me. A decent beach read though.