The Paris Gown is a light-hearted, delight of a story. An easy summer read, this book moves along quickly through real life, love, and loss.

Thanks to NetGalley and William Morrow for the opportunity to read this ARC.

I absolutely loved this book. It was a mix of Mrs Harris goes to Paris and sisterhood of the traveling pants. Sure, this story had little love stories in it, but it was really about the friendships. We need people who will love us no matter what, be honest when we need it, as well as be vulnerable enough to apologize.

I am planning to share this book on my Instagram on august 19 at https://www.instagram.com/robinashleyreads?igsh=MXczYmd6bmszdXN2Nw%3D%3D&utm_source=qr

Dior gown + 1950s Paris + Le Cordon Bleu/food and wine = catnip for this lover of historical fiction.

The Paris Gown is woven around the stories of three young women, Margot, Gina, and Claire, who first meet in Paris. After a fast forward we rejoin them years later after they’ve had some life journeys and are all facing new challenges. While Christian Dior is a location in the book, it is not the central plot. What I did love was how the Christian Dior gown works with each character, and in general how all three women have such unique and intriguing life experiences. The glimmer of love and the magic of the Paris setting go a long way to pull the narrative together. I was particularly attracted to Margot because of the secrets of her past and was eager to find out how her plot line would resolve. Because of the particular challenges of the three strong female leads, the ending makes a lot of sense for the characters but was also a little unexpected. I did love how the gown ties the main characters and how the Paris setting works so integrally to the plot.

Thanks to @netgalley and @williammorrowbooks for an ARC in exchange for an honest review

BE AWARE THAT THIS BOOK'S SYNOPSIS HERE ON GOODREADS IS INCORRECT FOR THE MOST PART - AMAZON AND BARNES & NOBLE HAVE THE CORRECT ONE.

This book is about compromises and whether we should give up all we are for those we love.

Normally, I would be captivated by reading about strong women in the 1950s and would have found it even more fascinating to read about Paris in the '50s. I was born in the '50s, so I felt it would be even more interesting to read about my 'older' sisters-in-arms! For some reason, I did not find this book as captivating as I would have hoped, but I was able to finish it without any difficulty.

While this IS a book about strong women, these three question too much and rely on men too much. Yes, I realize this is the norm for the women of the time period, but this was almost too much truth for me!

The last 10 or 15 percent of the book certainly makes up for the anguish and sometimes anger I felt for these women. They manage to get what they want without any compromises!

This is a great, fast-reading book and the perfect beach read if you want to learn a lot about Paris during that time. Make sure you have a translator around! (What the heck is a brunch jacket, anyway?) I learned a lot about Parisian cooking and being an agent for writers. You will also learn a lot about Dior (one of the more interesting parts of this book. (in my opinion)

*ARC was supplied by the publisher William Morrow, the author, and NetGalley.

I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Enjoyable. Who wouldn't love a book about a Chanel gown and Paris? We follow three friends through trials and troubles in their late twenties. Each has big dreams and big obstacles. The author walks us deftly through solutions fir each, sometimes clearing the path a but too easily.

The Paris Gown by Christine Wells is a lovely historical fiction novel with glamour and female friendship. Deciding to pool their money and purchase a Christian Dior gown in the 1950's each of the three friends experience life changing events. I loved Margot, Gina, and Charotte who shared an apartment above a BOOKSTORE in Paris. I want that life!
The writing style and creative nature of the novel is a perfect fit for this reader. It was easy to step into the world of friendship, intrigue, and romance all swirling around French cuisine, lovely Paris, and fashion!
Uplifting message to chase your dreams.
Loved it!

This is a sweet, easy story, perfect for a summer beach or long flight/train ride. read, It follows the trials 6 tribulations, love and heartbreak of 3 friends from varied places, all with the backdrop of Paris. There aren't a lot of original ideas, there aren't any real cliffhangers or plot twists, but... it's a breezy, fun book. It's not something that would be of interest to my middle or high school students, but I'd suggest it for a sorority book club, perhaps.

The description of the titular gown is the highlight of the novel.

Thank you to NetGalley and William Morrow for the ARC in exchange for my honest opinions.

I received a free e-arc of this book through Netgalley.
I adore fashion and books so these three friends (2 of whom work in fashion and books) were very appealing to me. Each has career and man trouble in different ways and sometimes "happily ever after" doesn't mean in a romantic relationship. It was a fun book set in Paris with glimpses of fashion icon Dior's life. I kept expecting there to be a bit more sinister stuff in Margot's life with her narcissist husband, but other than that, it was an enjoyable read.

Fun book. I kept thinking Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. Three friends and their experiences based around a Christian Dior dress. I wish there had been a little more of the story based on the dress itself or their times wearing it. I also felt like the stories were dragged out and then wrapped up quickly. But it was a fun read.

I was disappointed about this book as it lacked the historical references that I expected. It was trite. I felt that an outline was followed. Seemed like a sophomoric piece rather than a work written by an established author.

Thank you for the opportunity to read an early release of The Paris Gown
It was a moving story about love and friendship

Delightful book about three friends in Paris. These women share the ups and downs of life while enjoying good food, good wine and a beautiful Dior gown.

thank you netgalley for letting me review this arc. I absolutely loved following the three women's journey and reconnection years later. The world building is excellent! It makes you feel like you're in Paris shopping in the designer stores. I loved the friendship between these women over the sharing of the Dior gown. Christine Wells never disappoints!

Set in the 1960[s in Paris, three young women from three different countries love window shopping by Dior. Going three separate ways they keep in touch through letters and meet again years later. Yet each of them have had their disappointments and challenges while their lives didn't turn out as they expected.. It is the gown that is the background of this novel which is a lovely and warm story of friendship My thanks to NetGalley for this ARC.

A story of the friendship of three young women who met while in school but whose lives changed dramatically until they reunited in Paris. Claire is an aspiring master chef who is sidetracked when she needs to take over her father’s batiste’s. Margot is fleeing her past and her identity as she catches the interest of Dior, the founder of his famous fashion house. Dina, a young socialite and aspiring author, has just broken her engagement to an up and coming politician because her father has lost his fortune and she has become a liability to her fiancé’s political career. When Claire is gifted a Dior gown, each young women acts to change their destiny.
Though engaging, the plot becomes unnecessarily convoluted with sub-plots that never materialize and with a redundancy of language that is unexplained and inconsistent.
A light read for fans of historical fiction.

I received an Advanced Reader Copy of The Paris Gown through Netgalley and am leaving this review voluntarily.

The Paris Gown follows 3 friends who had met when studying in Paris. These women used to meet in front of the Dior display window to admire the gowns. They had a rule that they may only discuss positive things in front of this display case. These women are filled with their own ambitions and go onto live their lives while continuing their friendship through letters.

These women all find themselves back in Paris years later, each harboring their own shortcomings and life dilemmas. The story follows them as they navigate the next steps in their lives.

This story overall was easy to read, felt warm within the friendship and even works through some issues within the 3 women. However it felt to me as if everything in the plot happened too easily. The depth in the characters could have been built with more descriptive words. As well as being in Paris, I didn't swoon over the details of the fashion they way I would have hoped. There were times too many details were given as if a play by play was happening-So and so got dressed, then applied make up, and then added jewelry.

***Potential Spoiler***There was also one thing that confused me for the second half of the book, maybe I missed it. Margot had told Andrew to call her Margot instead of Marie. She did not however give her true last name but he had introduced her as Margot Macfarlane. This made me feel that he new about her past life and possibly was not who we thought he was. Possibly sent by her husband to follow her.

Overall there was not a huge climax in the book, I would not outright recommend this to someone except as an in between read if they needed to switch genres after a heavy world building or emotionally intense book.

"I thought this was really well written and I look forward to reading more from this author in the future. I think it will find readers at our library, so we will definitely be purchasing for the collection.

This was such a great historical fiction novel, it had that element that I wanted from this type of book. I thought the friendship of the three women worked well overall and thought the use of Paris was perfect. Christine Wells has a great writing style and it kept me invested in what was going on. It left me wanting to read more in this type of book and was glad I got to read this.

I finished this ARC called The Paris Gown by Christine Wells. This book is about three college students who become friends in a culinary school. Two of them really do not care anything about the culinary world but one knows it's her goal to become a Michelin-starred chef as she has grown up in the family brasserie. The other two young women are socialites and enjoy all Paris has to offer, until life happens to each of them. Will they always be true friends through life's struggles each has thrown at them? Will one lady's generosity help bond them with a beautiful dress from Dior? This is a very well written book, and you grow to cheer each character through the ups and downs each have. It was a light read and very good. I enjoyed this book. Thank you to #NetGalley and to #ChristineWells #theparisgown

Thank you Netgalley for this ARC.

For starters - the description of this book on Goodreads is not quite the story that is actualluy in the book (it is correct on Netgalley and Amazon if you're interested).

The story alternates POV between three young women from three different countries who met in Paris and love window shopping at Dior in the 1950s. They go their separate ways to follow dreams of marriage and careers, but all end up disappointed - and back in Paris. A Dior gown is loaned to one of the women. The gown doesn't play a huge role in the novel but they all do eventually get the chance to wear it.

This was a sweet story about friendship and navigating life when things don't turn out how you've planned. There is some romance but nothing spicy. Each girl has her own version of a HEA.

Three stars. Enjoyable but nothing super special for me.