Wow! Lisa Regan does it again! A definite ‘go-to’ author for me and she delivers time and time again. It’s so fun to cozy up with Detective Josie Quinn. Characters are fantastic and familiar but there wasn’t anything predictable about this story. Just the perfect amount of tension, twists and crazy great reveals. Can’t say enough great things about this book.
Thank you NetGalley, Lisa Regan and Bookouture for the opportunity to read and review this book.

I’d like to thank Bookouture and NetGalley for giving me the opportunity to read ‘Her Dying Secret’, book 20 in the Detective Josie Quinn series written by Lisa Regan, in exchange for my honest and unbiased review.

What begins as a road traffic accident soon develops into a case of murder and attempted murder when a car with two women inside is found parked on a secluded road. When Detective Josie Quinn is called out on her day off to investigate she finds the circumstances don’t add up and calls out Detective Gretchen Palmer and Lieutenant Noah Fraley to help investigate.

It's unbelievable that ‘Her Dying Secret’ is the 21st book in this very popular series and is still going strong. It’s really good to be back with Josie, Noah and Gretchen as they keep themselves in check while they work with the lazy and extremely irritating Detective Kyle Turner who’s now at the desk once occupied by their late friend and colleague Finn Mettner. From the beginning I’ve been gripped through each dramatic and heart-stopping incident, each twist and turn, trying to identify the person responsible but failing. I can’t wait for the next book in the series and am keeping my fingers crossed that Josie and Noah’s home visit with the case manager from the adoption agency is successful.

What starts out looking like a car accident and homicide turns into the mother of all domestic disputes.  Josie and her team have to decipher “her dying secret” in order to rescue an unknown, unidentified child.  Will they be able to save the child in time while all of her relatives are thwarting their every effort?  Will Josie be able to cope with handling the search for this child while hoping to start the process for adopting a child of her own? This mystery boggled my mind while tugging at my heartstrings, and NOTHING prepared me for the outcome!   Lisa Regan has outdone herself with this masterful, interwoven tale of heartache, loss, and even a little hope.

It's amazing that this is book 20 in this series and it's still going strong. Josie and Noah are one of my favorite book couples. I love how we are constantly learning new things about them. I finished this book in 2 days, I had a hard time putting it down. It was a perfect combination of what is happening in Josie and Noah's and a great mystery. Hopefully there will be a book 21.

Her Dying Secret, Detective Josie Quinn book 20, by Lisa Regan.

I'm a huge Josie Quinn fan, obviously if I'm reading 20 books into the series. Book 20 does not disappoint! There is a new Detective in the group, and I'm still deciding if I should love him, hate him, or love to hate him. The new energy is great. It's a page turner from start to finish. Five stars.

#bookreview #2024 #netgalley #thriller #josiequinn #fivestars

HER DYING SECRET is a powerful reading experience with an intricate plot, characters that are perfectly realized & a reveal you won’t see coming. Wait until you meet Turner!

Lisa is a master of complex & tantalizing mystery/suspense. This story will keep you pinned to your seat & you won’t want to put it down.

Pick up any Lisa Regan book & you won’t be disappointed!

Favorite Line: “Clenching her jaw, she found the drawer in her mental vault filled with things that tested her faith in humanity and shoved sight and scents of this dungeon deep inside.”

Many thanks to NetGalley, Bookouture & Lisa for the opportunity to read an ARC in return for an honest review.

I always look forward to the latest Lisa Regan and this book certainly did not disappoint. There were so many twists and turns that I just could not put it down. I highly recommend this book and love this series.
Thank you Netgalley and Bookouture for allowing me to give my unbiased opinion.

Beginning with a car accident, a stabbing and a missing girl, this book kept me riveted to the pages as I tried, along with Josie and her team, to guess where a missing child would be and who would treat people in such a despicable and hateful way. With themes of abuse, control, and mental illness, this book was hard to read but also hard to put down. Josie is dealing with her own personal problems in seeking to become a mother, but she and Noah put that quest on a back burner while they try to discover what happened to their missing accident victim and if there is also a missing child. The police procedural and investigation were compelling parts of the story as Josie goes about methodically questioning and sorting clues, reaching conclusions and then backtracking to add to or change her conclusions once more evidence came to light. There are plenty of suspects, lots of red herrings and false trails and some really quirky characters in this book. In the interest of full disclosure, I won a contest with the author online and got to name a couple of characters. So, the parts where my daughter and granddaughter were being questioned had me glued to the page and hoping that they weren’t the killers. I loved the story and its switchbacks, and I especially enjoyed the fast pace of the investigation. With a missing and possibly endangered child somewhere, Josie and her team could not afford to take a break, so their frantic pace matched the theme of finding a missing girl. I enjoyed the characterization which was spot on and just what I imagined for the different personalities being portrayed. Mettner’s replacement is annoying and one of those people that I would have liked to deliver a swift kick to. I look forward to finding out more about his motivation for his absurd behavior in future JQ books. Right now, I just think of him as obnoxious, arrogant and lazy. He did add to the story, though, because he is a good foil for Josie’s meticulous investigating while he is the opposite, kind of bumbling around and every once in a while proving to be actually helpful. With a fast pace and a gripping story, along with nail-biting suspense and escalating tension, this book is one of the best Josie Quinn books ever.
Disclaimer
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received a complimentary copy of this book from Bookouture via Netgalley. I was not required to write a positive review and all opinions expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16th CFR, Part 255, “Guidelines Concerning the Use of Testimonials and Endorsements in Advertising.”

The newest Josie Quinn mystery finds Josie and crew trying to find the culprit for a stabbing who might also have a child hostage.

This one was different because you kind of knew who it was/adjacent to the culprit and it was more an unraveling of why. I did still enjoy it though! Josie’s mysteries are always so quick and easy to read, and very enjoyable!

I received my copy from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

I always look forward to the Josie Quinn drops and this one didn't disappoint. It was mysterious and gripping from the very start. Particular concerns about whether a child is involved in a murder and where one female victim had been for several months.

A good whodunnit with strong women, and definitely a strong police procedural. A lot of the usual, good banter and love every time my favourite book doggo, Blue, features.

Would recommend if you're enjoying the series.

Detective Josie Quinn has many skills, but cooking is not one of them. While she and her husband (Lt. Noah) are preparing for their home visit with an adoption agency, Josie thinks the biggest tragedy she will encounter is her cooking mishap; however, a call comes that drags her away to a murder scene. A car accident reveals an injured driver and a deceased woman in the passenger seat. The latter is clutching a drawing that looks to be the work of a child. When the detective team discovers that the dead woman has been missing for 3 years, the investigation intensifies to find the kidnapper, who may be responsible for the murder and near death of the car driver. It's an exciting chase full of twists and turns with a surprise ending. I can't wait to see if Josie and Noah get the chance to be parents!

What a read! I have done every book in this series and love that nothing is repeated. I really don’t like Turner. He is the worst and if he never returned in the next book I’d be fine with it! I didn’t see the twist in this one! Normally I have an idea of who it is but WOW! Noah is just the best! I really hope Josie and Noah get to adopt. I do wonder though why Gretchen wasn’t in this one as much. I felt like she just randomly popped up at times. Thanks for the ARC!

Here we are at book 20 of the Josie Quinn series and I have been here for it every step of the way! I have enjoyed the evolution of the characters in this series so much, especially Josie.

This installment brings a complex mystery that kept me guessing the whole time. Josie and Gretchen jump head first into the mystery surrounding a seemingly routine car accident and find a tangled of web of lies that kick off this story. We also are introduced to a new detective, Turner, that we will continue to try to figure out.

I am, as always, looking forward to the next installment of this series.

Thank you to the publisher, Lisa Regan, and NetGalley for the ARC of this book.

10 out of 10 stars!!! What a thrill ride this was...I can't express enough how on the edge of my seat this book kept me!! I had no clue who the villain was until the big reveal, I had my guesses and not a single one of them was right!! Lisa continues to grow and expand Josie's world and make us feel like the characters are our friends/colleagues. Her great world building continues, new characters to learn to love...one in particular is going to take awhile...Continues the mythos of Josie Quinn in an amazing way...readers will NOT be disappointed with this series!!

Detective Josie Quinn is back in another well-written, fast-paced, twisty mystery!
The story starts out with a domestic scene being interrupted when Josie is called to a car accident with a fatality. When she arrives on site, Josie realizes the cause of death isn't as clear as she expected it to be, and questions revolving around the death only increase when the driver claims to not only not know the victim, but to also not know how they ended up in her car. The investigation ramps into high gear when the team discovers evidence from the scene that a child may be in danger, but there are so many unanswered questions that they barely knows where to start. I love the characters in this series, they feel like real people, with quirks and interpersonal conflicts. The story of Josie's life plays out across the series, and I always look forward to seeing where things will go for her next in the background of a gripping mystery. The plot of Her Dying Secret is truly twisty: I often had no idea where the story was going to lead and several times I thought I had it figured out and wondered why I wasn't close to the end of the book, only to discover that Regan had a lot more surprises in store!

This was my first book with Detective Josie Quinn, but will probably not be my last. When asked to solve the complicate case of two women found stabbed, Josie works with her team to discover how the women were connected, and who wanted them dead.

Although this was part of a continuing series, I felt the author did a good job of filling in some of the "back story" at some junctures to let you know who the characters were and how they fit into Josie's life. There were a few things that I was confused about that were probably better explained if you read previous books, but overall I feel this could have been a stand alone and you could follow the story well enough to understand what was going on.

It was a good mystery/thriller, with just enough red herrings to keep you guessing at who the culprit its, and what the motivations are. It was also a chilling tale of domestic violence and how it can affect not just the people who are injured, but the people who witness the violence. I also appreciate the mix of action that was included, along with a glimpse of police procedure.

All in all, it was a good read and I look forward to reading mroe in the series.

I was provided a copy of the book by NetGalley and the publishers in return for a review which I appreciate!

Wow, I actually cannot believe I’ve just finished reading book 20 in this amazing series. How Lisa Regan keeps writing these truly thrilling stories I can’t imagine! From book 1 to book 20 there have been considerable changes to Detective Josie Quinn, all of them good. I have absolutely loved these books.
In this book Josie attends a road traffic accident only to find something much worse. Once again her and Noah are trying to solve a terrible crime. Aided by their new colleague Turner, who although a pain, actually makes me smile occasionally.
Hugh thanks to Netgalley and Lisa Regan for the opportunity to read and review this book.

Book #20 and as gripping as the ones before. Once you start reading you can’t put it down. A car accident that is anything but. Did not expect where the Author takes us. Love this series and am (im)patiently waiting for the next instalment. Thanks to NetGalley, Bookoutre and the Author for allowing me to read and review this book. Bring on #21.

Another great read in the Josie Quinn series. Interesting story line in this one. I didn't get the full picture of who done it, til it revealed it. Would've liked a little more closure on what ends up happening with the charges for all involved in the end though.
I'm hoping in the next book that Josie and Noah finally adopt and to find out the whole back story on the newest member of the team, I'm so curious about what his deal is... Also hoping to see more progression in the Sawyer character

The twists and turns in Her Dying Secret kept me on the edge of my seat and my mind churning from beginning to end! I don't know how Lisa Regan keeps Josie Quinn and her team's adventures so vividly real, but I hope she never stops! From the first page of this book, not only do feel you are living in Josie Quinn's world, but also feeling everything she does. You'll never regret joining the team (even the new annoying detective) in a race against the clock to locate and save the life of a young girl and her mother!