In Sue Robert’s novel, The Greek Villa, Claudia’s life takes a significant turn when she buys a house in Greece without ever seeing it. With an inheritance in hand, Claudia seeks to honor her uncle’s generosity. Claudia recalls fond memories of vacationing in Greece and the idea of owning her holiday home in this place feels like a dream. However, the excitement turns into a little bit of anxiousness as she discovers the villa, she purchased is a fixer upper. Hiring the nephew of a local bakery owner, Claudia learns to manage her expectations while navigating some unexpected challenges. As she builds her dream holiday home, she starts to get closer to her builder. Will she be able to let go some of those preconceived thoughts on love and relationships for herself?

The book beautifully captures the essence of the town’s people, culture, and traditions painting a vivid picture of a small town that thrives off the summer season of tourism. Throughout the book, communication and relationship nurturing is masterfully portrayed. The author emphasizes that relationships require effort and ongoing connection. Additionally, the importance of healing friendships and forgiveness.
Even though I liked the book and would recommend it to others, I felt the character development could have been more in depth. Some of the subplots left me wondering how they tied into the rest of the story. At moments, I wanted a deeper exploration of Claudia and Dimitri’s love story. Nevertheless, I appreciated the slow burn in their relationship. I also liked Dimitri going after Claudia!

Love Sue Roberts and the cover of the novel was beautiful, the perfect romcom. I liked Claudia and Dimitri together. Made me laugh and long to visit Hreece.

This summer read will dazzle you as you immerse yourself into the story by the pool, ocean, or maybe a well-air-conditioned room. I would recommend this book to anyone needing a fun and exciting story to accompany their lazy summer afternoon.

The Greek Villa by Sue Roberts is the perfect escapism if you are having a staycation at home this summer, even better, if you need a good poolside read while you are on your hols, this is a delight!

Set in Greece, Claudia is faced with the task of renovating a run-down villa with the help of a local builder, Dmitri. A sweet romcom with gentle humour and a warm fuzzy feeling all over

Thank you to Netgalley, Bookouture, the author Sue Roberts for this lovely ARC. My review is left voluntarily and all opinions are my own

If you are a fan of heartwarming stories, this is a must-read! As a fan of Harlequin and Mills and Boon novels, I have a soft spot for books set in Greece, as they give me an armchair travel to the beautiful country. Sue Roberts added emotions and life to the Greek experience through the characters, and I absolutely loved it. This is my first read from her, and I can’t wait to read more of her work. Travel to Greece this summer by reading!

A book to get you in a summer mood and looking forward to a trip away. An ideal read for beside a pool or even curled up on the sofa on a wet English weekend!

This is one of the most exciting books I've ever read. I loved it from start to finish. I think it's a pretty good story, a cute one that keeps you company. Dimitri is every women's standard haha, even if you might hate him at the start. The atmosphere and everything in this book felt like magic. I enjoyed reading this a lot more than I expected. Congrats to the writer for creating such a good story. Can't wait for you guys to read it when it comes out!

I held of on reviewing this because I didn’t want to negatively impact the release of the book. Unfortunately it just wasn’t for me… I really wanted to like it as the concept was interesting.
At times the flow just wasn’t there in the story telling and certain aspects felt rushed or undernourished. For example, the romantic relationship needed more fleshing out… more love and attention given to it to make it feel relatable and engaging. The FMC wasn’t for me either, there were many times when I found her to be thoroughly annoying and/or obnoxious and condescending.

Things may be someone else’s perfect book, so I do encourage others to give it a go if the blurb interests you. This is just one opinion, mine.

Many thanks to Netgalley for the ARC.

Not a fan of this book. The writing was really clunky, the FMC (I don’t even know what her name is) was super condescending, and I’m not sure there was really a plot - it seemed to end quite abruptly, but then again what more could have been said?

I did like the great cast of locals, but that really wasn’t enough for me to like this book.

This was a lovely book, and it transported me back to my holidays on Greek islands. There were some parts of the writing that I didn't like too much (over explaining, repeating etc.) but overall the story was lovely.

Thank you Netgalley, the publisher and Sue for a copy of this book.

Every time I pick up a Sue Roberts book I know I am about to transport to some beautiful destination. This book in no exception from he front cover to the back we are taken on a wonderful Greek adventure.

After the sudden death of her Uncle, Claudia is excited to be given an unexpected inheritance from him. She decides to use this money to purchase a villa in Corfu, Greek. When she arrives she is wondering if she has perhaps bitten off more than she can chew as the building is quite dilapidated. But even looking at the cracks and the plants which have made their home in the bricks, Claudia can feel the places potential and sets herself the challenge of making it her home.

The characters are charming and engaging and as usual the authors descriptions of the locations and food just jump off the page. This is the perfect book for a holiday read or if you just need to recharge those batteries with some lighthearted fun. It is a book about family, friendship and second changes. Something Sue Roberts writes very well.

Thank you yo NetGalley and Bookouture for a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

This is definitely a book to get you in the mood for summer (or at least dream of it -the weather is pretty rubbish in the UK at the moment!)

When 30 something Claudia inherits some money she makes a spurned the moment decision to spend it on a little villa up for auction in Corfu, where she has happy memories of family holidays.

However, when she goes to see it she finds it is a lot more run down than she thought. Has she made a terrible mistake?

She enlists local builder Dimitri to work on the villa, who also happens to be drop dead gorgeous, and she starts to fall for him. However is it really romance or has the magic of the beautiful island given her rose tinted glasses...

I really enjoyed this book, the author clearly knows Greece well and there are lots of references to the local sights and Greek food (I really fancy a meze now!)

Really enjoyed the book. As always, Sue writes fabulous books based in Greece, which is my favourite place on Earth!
She describes the people and places perfectly and the story is very heartwarming without being gushy.
Not as funny as some of her other books and sadly, if reading on kindle, the book finishes at 88% and the rest is chaptrrs of her other book which is a shame as I feel the story could have continued a bit longer
Never the less, brilliant and definitely recommended
Thank you to netgalley and the publishers and the author for the opportunity to read this book for my honest opinion

I loved this book, the reader is transported to sunny Greece. Great descriptions, interesting locations, interesting characters and a lot of laughter as Claudia does up a dilapidated villa with the help of local builder Dimitri
The perfect holiday read, light hearted escapism at its best. Thanks to Netgalley, Sue Roberts and Bookoutre for letting me read this book in exchange for an honest review

I really enjoyed this charming book. The descriptions of the island, residents and businesses made this book a fun escape. There’s home renovation, friendship, love & mouth watering food descriptions to leave you smiling, swooning…. and starving!

I was sent this widget from Bookouture for a book tour in exchange for my honest review.

I have posted this review on Amazon, Goodreads

And instagram

Super cool idea and concept but I could not get into it. I tried really hard but it just was not for me.

Escape to Greece for a reno romance in a beautiful locale. Fun story and good characters. I enjoyed the story though the romantic interaction was a bit stilted for me. The conversations were good other than those strangely. Still a nice summer read.

Sue Roberts wrote a book that felt like going on an adventure! When Claudia uses her inheritance to buy a Greek villa, she is met with a few obstacles but does not back down from her dream. The setting of the village in which her villa is set sounded picturesque and the people who she met offered some great dynamics to the story. I also enjoyed her family dynamics and reading about her family supporting each other. The way her relationship with Dimitri also unfolded was sweet to read. I was rooting for them both throughout! Thank you to Bookouture for an advanced copy! All thoughts and opinions are my own!

Sue Roberts never disappoints. This book has given me a big fix of Greece, without me actually being there. Pure escapism in as much as that you feel like you are actually there. The storyline carries a satisfying amount of weight, and keeps you engaged.
Would make a great holiday read....or save it for a gloomy winters day, sat by the fire.

After reading several books heavy on history, The Greek Villa was the perfect palate cleanser. It immediately transported me away to sunnier climes, and a delapidated villa.

Roberts is a lover of everything Greece and that love clearly rubs off in her books with her vivid descriptions of the scenery and the food...its to die for!

The main characters were great and even greater together, it just takes them a while to realise.

Lovely book, great story and the perfect escapism read.