Cover Image: Another Day

Another Day

I really wanted to like this book, but something about it just wasn't the same. Honestly should have just left it with the first book and left it at that.
I am late to the game providing feedback for this one but always a fan of David Levithan. The storyline is intriguing and moves the reader forward at just the right pace. Character development is solid and believable (even in elements where the reader has to suspend disbelief). All together an enjoyable story that hits you in the feels at just the right intensity.
everyday is one of my favorite book from david levithan. because it felt magical and it was unique. sadly i didnt feel the same way with the ot was boring and i was annoyed with rhiannon half of the time .
I booktalk David's Levithan's book Every Day all the time, so I love that we now have a companion to A's story. I think this sort of speculative fiction/magical realism reaches a broad audience, which is great! I have plans to feature this on monthly displays for romance, speculative fiction, and diverse books.

My favorite thing about this book is that it tells the other perspective. We have enjoyed Gene Luen Yang's Boxers and Saints pairing for discussing point of view and perception of events, and this pairing will give us another option for doing that with our students. This is useful to us for critical literacy and teaching the students in our YA lit class about how lived experiences affect perceptions of events -- which is PERFECT for introducing the diverse perspectives in our course. This is a definite buy for us!
I like this series, but I'm not really a fan of Rhiannon.  Even she herself doesn't understand why A considers her to be so special. =|
After years of trying to get into this book sadly I just can't. I think I am better off just leaving this series as a one book read. For some reason this one is just not for me. I  really enjoyed Every Day being told from A's perspective. It was different and something new. But I just couldn't connect when ever I tried to read Another Day. I strongly believe it was a case of 'It's not you, it's me' and this one was just not right for me.
I ended up listening to this on audio book. I enjoyed the story from Riannons point of view, but it didn't really add anything to the story overall. I was genuinely disappointed in the ending, I had enjoyed the release of the first book, and this just destroyed that. Besides plot points that I didn't like, its a David Leviathan book, and I love his writing. So overall I had a great time with this story.
David Levithan has always done well, and Every Day was the first book of his that I read. It was a quick, and easy read. And just as thought provoking and beautiful as the first book
I can definitely see why David Levithan felt he needed to share the other point of view of A's story, and it gives such interesting insight into the effects of A's relationship.
I don't think I would have enjoyed this as much if I'd read it straight after Every Day as it's the same story but from Rhiannon's point of view. But it's a nice, light read.
Good follow up title, though nothing I fell in love with. I feel like the original stood on it’s own very well and didn’t really need this.
I really enjoyed the first book in this duology, but I was disappointed that this was the same book from a different POV. I didn't feel like we learned enough new information to make it interesting.
Nooo!! I don't want to say it was awful but it was pretty much like rereading a book that you loved and just adding a couple of useless plots into it.
This review is long overdue and it is now two years... But as they say it better late than never, right?

Anyway, I did not enjoy reading this book at all. This book just tells another person's POV. What is the point of writing a story with a second book about the first book but with just a different POV? I wouldn't have chose to read this i I knew it was like this.
Another Day is a companion book to the wonderful young adult novel Every Day by David Levithan.

In Every Day, we read the story from the perspective of A, a person who inhabits a different person's life each and every day. Another Day is told from the perspective of Rhiannon, the young woman that A finds him/herself attracted to. A is a teenager, and always winds up in another teen's body of about the same age and in the same geographic region. In the first novel, A first meets Rhiannon when s/he inhabits the body of Rhiannon's abusive boyfriend. Because A takes over each person's functions for the course of one day, A is able to access that person's memories, core values, and get a sense of who that person is. Knowing that Rhiannon's boyfriend is awful, A takes Rhiannon on a date to the beach -- in what turns out to be one of the best days of Rhiannon's mediocre life.
In Another Day we get inside Rhiannon's head, and we can see her confusion when her boyfriend suddenly starts treating her well, if just for a day. We see her disbelief, her fears, her insecurities. And eventually, we see her hope that A might be exactly who and what A claims to be.
I absolutely adored the first book, and handed out to as many teen readers as I could after its publication. I bought ten copies for my libraries. I was very much looking forward to Another Day's publication, hoping it would be a sequel that continued A's story. That disappointment aside, this is another well-crafted David Levithan story that puts us in another person's shoes.
Readers who've experienced the first story (and hopefully everyone has) will know what is coming, since they've seen most of the story from a different perspective.  As with all other Levithan books I've read, Another Day handles a sensitive topic with compassion and sincerity. The essential question of the first book continues in the second: does gender matter when it comes to love? Fans of LGBTQ fiction absolutely loved the first book and have been excited to hear about the sequel. More importantly, this is a work that will hopefully find an audience beyond the kids who normally pick up LGBTQ fiction. These two books are ultimately not stories about gender or queer issues, but about finding yourself and being who you are, even if you are someone else every day -- or another day.
I enjoyed this book, it was a very interesting idea and I liked that it kept me guessing, I thought I had it all figured out.
I didn't enjoy this book. I don't know what it was but I just couldn't connect with the main character. (Probably because he? she? it??? kept becoming a new person). In theory I like the idea in this book, but it just felt very unfinished. I understand there are more books in the series but I'm just not a fan.

Review not published because it's under three stars
This story was okay, but I don't think that Every Day really needed a sequel or a book from another character's perspective.
David Levithan is a fantastic author and the high standard of storytelling found in all previous novels continues in this one. The book was fast paced and easy to read. I would recommend this novel to anyone who enjoys Levithans other novels, as well as those looking for a gripping storyline and intriguing characters.
I loved the first book, and this! It is probably the same story but the POV of Shannon makes me "oohhh, ahhh" "so that's why."