Cover Image: Manga Classics: Emma

Manga Classics: Emma

The vibes. The feels. The illustrations are just the best. I am not that fun of Emma but I kinda like it because of this cute manga.
Love the beautiful art! Reading manga's is so fun. They don't take that long and you've read an entire book! This is a must read for anyone who love Jane Austen!
This was very fun and made reading about a classic much more engaging. I would really recommend these to younger people who may be in school to better understand what is happening in these older classics.
Jane Austen is one of my favorite authors. I loved being able to read this book again in a manga format. I love the illustrations and the story.
Did not finish- Due to format

I believe at the time I didn't have a great reader to try and read this.

There was something wrong with the format of the version I had received.

I'm still a very big fan of this franchise and would defnitely try another book of this series.
One of my favorite books in a beautiful manga format. My soul is giddy. It was interesting seeing a a long classic in such a form, but I firmly believe that it will be great for reluctant readers. I plan to share copies with my students.
This version of Emma by Jane Austen is part of the Manga Classics collection of classic novels rewritten and illustrated in manga form.

This is the classic story of Emma, the Jane Austen heroin who thinks a little too much of herself and likes to matchmake ... though it doesn’t exactly go as planned.

The manga version of Emma is almost an exact retelling of the classic novel. There were a few minor differences because of the differences in genre and a few things left out because the original book is so long and detailed. But on the whole, it kept true to the original.

The illustrations were gorgeous. The creator must be really talented. I enjoyed the details on the settings and the dresses, and it was neat to see the European historical setting represented in manga form.

While you don’t get to enjoy all of the rich prose and detail that are in the original book, you do get to enjoy the rich characters and plot in the manga version. Some people might prefer it this way because it is shorter and the prose I think is wonderful may drag to them. This version is definitely a shorter read since most of it is pictures, which explain the setting and emotions of the characters much faster than prose does. And the author and illustrator did quite well with converting it all.

I enjoyed this manga version of Emma and hope you will too.

I received a complementary copy of this book from the publisher. All opinions are my own, and I was not compensated for sharing them.
The art was pretty good. I don't usually like the style of the eyes the artist used but it was fine. The adaption was confusing. I had a hard time following. I recently read the manga adaption of The Scarlet Letter and loved it. It was compact when it came to details but still gave me all the information I needed to follow. Emma, however, confused me often and I had trouble following the relationships.
The art added to these classic books is just fantastic. I love the covers and I love reading through the books with the new art.
Unfortunately, EMMA was not a good match for me, and I will decline to review. I hope plenty of other readers find it more compatible, and thank you for the opportunity to review!
An acceptable manga adaptation of a classic. The art leaves a bit to be desired, and I just don't see it circulating as a result.
This book tells the story of Jane Austen's Emma in manga form.

The art itself is pretty similar to the other manga classics, something that I really appreciate.

The characters were interesting, however, the character development felt cliché.

The story was quite simple and the supposed plot twists weren't surprising.

This is a good book, however, it made me lose any interest I had in reading the original version of Emma.

Rating: 3 stars
Cute art. Great as an introduction to a classic that others may not have read, but it offers nothing new or interesting if you're familiar with the story. Good for kids.
This story revolves around Emma Woodhouse-a beautiful, spirited and big hearted young woman of stature who is dead set on play my Cupid to anyone around her. With her confidence in other matches that were successful by her meddling she decides to take on a new project when she meets Harriet Smith-a shy young woman who is new to the area. Emma's neighbor, Mr. Knightley, thinks her frivolous actions are appalling but will be find himself caught in the kind cupid's crosshairs as well? Follow Emma through mysteries, adventures and mishaps while she makes her own discoveries about herself.

This is the third 'Manga Classics' adaptation I have read. They have yet to disappoint me! The artwork and dialogue continues to enchant me while none of the sentiment from Jane Austen is lost. Great YA manga to share with any Austen fan or young lady discovering Jane Austen for the first time!

This book was given to me by NetGalley and and Udon Entertainment in exchange for a fair and honest review.
I always love a good Jane Austen adaptation! A lovely Manga version of Emma.
This is the second Manga Classics I read so far. The art work is well drawn and the symbolism in some of the panels are well thought out. The narrative of Emma doesn’t really grab me and I don’t think I would have read the book at all only it was in Manga.
Emma is my favourite Jane Austen novel together with Northanger Abbey. This book had a different person doing the story adaptation (aka selecting and writing the text and discussing with the illustrator what scenes to include and how they should look) and I could notice it from the very start. It feels more like Austen. More of the original text is included in this one than in S&S and P&P. The parts that aren't straight from the book have the same feel as parts that actually are from the book. Because of this, all text feels natural. I did not have that feeling with the other two, the original text felt so awkward between the more modern new parts. They changed some minor things to make it more suitable for a manga adaptation and I can understand and accept that.
I also totally appreciate the less dramatic poses and roses. This one focuses more on the characters, just like the original novel, and it felt more like a true Jane Austen adaptation because of that. They wove the romance in it in such a nice way with little hints here and there. There are no abrupt endings here and with the exception of Harriet's parentage all things were nicely concluded.

This is by far my favourite adaptation.
I was unable to read this book as it has no kindle download.
I always wanted to read Emma but the language of the original book is a bit difficult for me, so this Manga was pretty satisfactory and had some cute art
Emma is one of my favourite books so I'm always on the lookout for different versions and adaptations. I enjoyed this adaptation and think it is a great way of getting teens interested in Austen.