Cover Image: Death of a Nurse

Death of a Nurse

After reading a few chapters, I decided this book held no interest for me at this time nor was it a good fit for my blog.  I elected not to finish the book now, but it may well be a case of "the wrong book at the wrong time" syndrome and I might be willing to try it again in the future.  Thank you to Grand Central Publishing and NetGalley for giving me the opportunity to sample this title.
"M. C. Beaton's New York Times bestselling Hamish Macbeth series continues with a new mystery featuring Scotland's most quick-witted but unambitious policeman.

James Harrison has recently moved to a restored hunting lodge in Sutherland with his gorgeous private nurse Gloria Dainty. When Hamish visits Mr. Harrison to welcome him to the neighborhood, the old man treats him very rudely. Gloria apologizes for her employer's behavior, and Hamish takes the plunge and invites her out for dinner. On the appointed evening, Hamish waits for Gloria at the restaurant. And waits. Gloria never shows up. Four days later, Gloria's body washes up on the beach near Braikie. Now without a date and without his former policeman Dick Fraser (who left the force to buy a bakery), Hamish must find out who killed the beautiful new resident of Sutherland, and why, before the murderer strikes again..."

Ah how my mom loves this series, and this book. Yes... I might have let her read my ARC... in fact I might have requested an ARC just so she could read it. Yes, I do hope that makes me a good daughter.
I really enjoyed my visit to Scotland with Hamish.  This book finds Hamish and Charlie solving another murder.  The characters and the setting are fun as always.  The mystery and the solution were good in this book. They were complicated and there were enough suspects to keep it interesting.  This series does not need to be read in order. Enjoy your visit