The CEB Student Bible

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: Not set

This is a wonderful Bible written for students to help them in their walk with the Lord.  Written in easy to read CEB that makes for better understanding of the scripture.
My Thoughts:

The Word of Good is always excellent.  I was provided a small portion from the publisher to review to review.  So far, the translation looks good.  It is always different when your favorite verses are worded differently than your normal traditional version.  This version seems very relatable and easy to read.  A great gift for confirmation class, new members or even graduation. I will give it four stars.

Publisher'S Synopsis:

The CEB Student Bible is a Bible by and for young people that invites them into deeper forms of both personal holiness and social holiness, helps them make connections between the world of the Bible and their own world, offers resources for engaging the text in personal and group study, and embodies a commitment to taking young people seriously as Christian leaders now, not just in the future. It is a resource that helps young disciples of Jesus Christ as they transform the world.

Available in two editions: a durable paperback cover, designed by Hatch Show Print, and a high-quality, leather-like cover with burnished text. The CEB Student Bible is perfect for confirmations and other gift-giving seasons.

Key Features:
• Introductions to each book of the Bible by leading biblical scholars. Each introduction gives an overview of the book, key themes, tips for reading, and quick facts.
• More than 350 articles by biblical scholars and a diverse group of youth ministers from traditions including United Methodist, PC(USA), Episcopal, Disciples of Christ, and ELCA churches. These articles model what it is like to really engage the Bible. They explore difficult
topics and the things that are important to young people today.
• Discussions for each book of the Bible by youth ministers. These are group and small group discussion questions, activities, and Reading Differently exercises.
• Prayers and reflections by young people who have participated in Emory University’s award-winning Youth Theological Initiative.
• Guide to the stories of the Bible.
• Twelve pages of maps with 4-page map index.

“If you’re searching for a Bible that will draw youth not only to read God’s Word but also form a deeper spiritual connection, The CEB Student Bible is your answer as it ‘mirrors how young people talk, read, and write with their friends.’ Because youth are a part of its composition, the effectiveness and impact is enhanced.” –Youth Worker magazine

Disclosure / Disclaimer: I received a copy of this title for review purposes, free of charge, from NetGalley and the Publisher. No other compensation, monetary or in kind, has been received or implied for this post. This Review is my honest opinion.
Teaching my kids to desire to read the Bible for themselves has always been a priority for my fiance and I.  This bible is easy to read and my oldest loved it. I love that the bible provides tools to help the reader learn more is important in cultivating the habit of regular Bible reading. However, my only worry about this bible is that because of the various translations some of the scriptures in the bible how lost its meaning. Also, there are some attempts to be politically correct by using gender-neutral statements such as "human being" in place of "son of man. Overall, the bible is well put together.
This is an excellent translation of the Bible.  In comparing it to other modern translations, it is quite true to the original Greek and Hebrew verbage.   The questions which appear through out each book of the Bible are very appropriate to teenagers which this Bible is designed to appeal to.  The Bible would also be a useful tool for adults.  It includes explanations and descriptions of each book of Bible.  Youth ministers prepared the discussions.  They are applicable to today's world. They invite the one studying the Bible to question and consider what the best course would be for them to be like Jesus in their daily lives.

The only thing I thought could be changed was the readability of the discussions.  I felt the words might be above a teenager's reading ability.

I am rating this CEB Bible 4 stars and highly recommend it to those who are searching and to those who are serious Bible scholars.

I received an ARC ebook of this Bible from netgalley.  I was not required to write a positive review.   All opinions expressed are my own.