The Miracle of Meditation

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 21 Aug 2018

I am a very beginner with mediation.  I found this book helpful but feel I need to continue to research meditation.  This book didn’t provide what I needed to be able to successfully meditate on my own.

This book had some great suggestions and encouragement but I thought it lacked the step by step how to that I needed.  A lot of the information is common sense but it is helpful to read as a reminder.

This book is a great encouragement for someone wanting to start meditating.  Lots of insight on different methods of meditation.

I received a copy of this galley courtesy of NetGalley.
Mindfulness has changed my life.  This is a great book to practice mindfulness meditation in all aspects of your life, for calming influence and control, easing anxiety, improving wellness and acceptance.
Meditation is amazing and this book gave some great insight and tips into meditation. I love it and definitely took notes!
What an inspiring read. I think many people find the idea of meditation a puzzle. Is it really just sitting still and emptying the mind? This book does a good job of enlightening the reader. I had, for example, never considered reading as a form of meditation but this book gives this as just one example of how to meditate. I think I’ll be returning to this book regularly. With thanks to NetGalley and publisher for an e-copy in exchange for an honest review.
This book shows very practical method of meditation, also the essential meaning of meditation.It is one of the best ones that I have read!
This book pushed me out of my comfort zone and introduced me to a simple meditation practice. I did use some of the meditation guidelines during my stressful day at work and it did seem to help calm me. However I'm not sure if I connect with all of the author's spiritual statements.
This is a tough one to subjectively review because it seems to be targeted towards the beginner in mindfulness.  The information was good, but I found nothing new that gave me that "aha" moment.

I would recommend to someone who does not currently engage in meditation or mindfulness, but would suggest you skip if you already live this lifestyle.
Meditation is a pretty common practice as of late, and I for one am a huge fan of it. I’ve only been practicing for a few months and enjoy reading more on the subject often. I though this book was very helpful to me, but was a bit confused during some examples of different types of meditations covered throughout this book. I think that had a lot to do with the wording, but eventually I found myself deciphering the book much easier.

I feel like this is a good book to read if you’ve already been practicing meditation, since it goes a bit deeper into different techniques. I’m not sure I would recommend this one to someone just looking to start out. I absolutely love the sections where common questions were answered. I saw quite a few that have been running through my mind recently. If you need some positive takes on meditation though, I would definitely consider this book.
A great addition to my personal meditation practice! Not only was the especially helpful for myself, but I have referenced it in my yoga classes and my students have had great feedback from it. Great book for anyone looking to start or expand their meditation practice one and off the cushion!
I think this is the simple case of "I didn't get what I was looking for" I was really looking for a book that was more about technique than flowery language, the Author's personal take on things, etc. There are many benefits of meditation, many of which I already know, and the Author did touch on more.  But I thought that this book was not beneficial to the newcomer who wants to learn technique. Yes, this book did touch on various types of meditation and the benefits - again, I wanted more of a how to guide. Or should I say a simple-how-to-guide. I was turned off a little by the flowery language. If you are looking for a book on the benefits and what to expect from meditation, then you might enjoy this book a little more than I did. There is an emphasis on spirituality/religion here - meditating to get close to God, etc. I didn't really didn't mind that, but I can see how some might be turned off by this aspect. For me I want to meditate to relax, manage my stress, clear my mind, stop worry, etc. Of course, people looking for a spiritual connection want those things as well, but I do get how the strong statements such as "Meditation is a way of fine-tuning the vibrations of the mind so that we may receive heaven's light and savor the bliss of inner peace." might not work for some.
There are some who have read this book and really enjoyed it, It just wasn’t for me.

Thank you to IRH press and NetGalley who provided me with a copy of this book in exchange for a honest review.
I was disappointed in the religious, monotheistic approach taken by the author (heaven is a "fact" as one small example). There was good information here but I didn't see much that is not available elsewhere.
My thanks to NetGalley for providing me with an eARC in exchange for my honest opinion.
I found this book to be a good introduction to the practice of meditation. I enjoyed learning to hear messages from the divine as well as how to retain a calm mind.
I have been really interested in meditation lately, but this one came at it way too hard from a woo-woo religion angle. I think that maybe I should have known that from the word "Miracle" in the title. This might be on me.

A few sentences from this include: "Heaven exists; this is an invariable Truth." (Capitalization theirs.) And: "Meditation is a way of fine-tuning the vibrations of the mind so that we may receive heaven's light and savor the bliss of inner peace." And: "Our worries share the same frequencies as the dark realms of the other world."

Whoops. Sorry, but I'm out.
The opening of this book seemed promising, with some general information about meditation. As a huge yoga fan, I thought I could definitely glean some tips from this book. By the 20% point, I wondered if I were reading a comedy... The author discusses accessing portions of your mind that allow us to bend silverware.  Unfortunately I do not recommend this book as a serious study of meditation.
Thank you to NetGalley and Ryuho Okawa for allowing me to read and review a copy of The Miracle of Meditation. I found this book interesting. 4/5
This is an excellent book for those who wish to start a meditation practice or review and clarify any questions they may have about their current practice.
I recommend this book for those interested in meditation and don´t have much time and patience to go for the deeper and complicate knowledge available. It is easy to read and to practice. Down to earth. Short and sweet; You can read it in 2-3 hours... and by the end of it, you will have some good information to put in practice easily on your day-to-day life.
I didn't really like this book, but I didn't dislike it either. I liked the way it was written and how easy to read it was. But meditation can mean something different to a lot of different people. It's not always someone trying to reach "enlightenment from the divine cosmos" or the other things the author alluded to. For some people, it can be a way to lessen anxiety, for others it could be a way to practice mindfulness and clearing negative thoughts. I say, if it gives you benefits then that's why you should practice it. But he had a "my way or the highway" approach and discredited what I've read from many other meditation experts. It's a good book, but people who have no idea what meditation is may miss out on a lot of amazing benefits if they only listen to what he has to say about it.
Loved the clear and concise writing style of Okawa. It was as pleasant and cathartic to read her descriptions of meditation as it is to meditate.
I received an advanced reader copy from Netgalley and I agree to provide an  honest review.
I have recently started to dabble into meditation, where I have participated in 21 day challenges from Oprah and Deepak Chopra and recently with Light Watkins through Wanderlust TV.  Needless to say,  I was very interested in this book to learn more about meditation.
First of all, I would like to say that the book is very well written and easy to read, but  at times I felt that she, just goes on and on and she lost me as the reader.  While reading the book, you can feel the author’s passion and commitment to meditation and helping to improve the life of others but also her devotion to her religion. It is his passion, that leads that the book at times is overflowing with information and goes into directions that can take away the focus. The author could improve by pacing herself and maybe expand sections instead of trying to fit it in, or maybe  just restrict the information. On the other hand the overflow, may awaken the curiosity of some readers to want to learn more. She does a fine job referencing her work, but maybe she could have also referenced the work of others.
I found the information  in this book extremely useful as she explains not only the basics of meditation but also a lot of life wisdom and ways of improving our self and our life in general. Some of those lessons, we may have picked up along the way on the road of our journey on this earth or some we may have learned from others. If not,  these references can be a real aha moments.
I find that part of the book very refreshing. Some of her life wisdom have resonated with me, as I recently have  learned to look more introspectively when it comes to my relationship with others and I realize that the outcomes could have been different, if I had reacted differently.  Sometimes,  I try to help others with this and other snip bits of advice but I think that this book is probably a better guide.

I can understand the issues other reviewers may  have with among others the religious undertone of this book, however, I think that this is a great self-help book, even if you  ignore the religious references.
 I think that it is a loss for any reader to dismiss this book just on the basis of that. You may not like somethings in the book but the majority is very good and very useful and very relevant in the world we live in today.
I think that this book is a great reference book, easy to read and makes a great gift.