Ultimate Guide to Platform Building by Wendy Keller. I found this to be a very informative book. I suspect I will be reading it again as I build my platform and need the specific instructions.
Some of the highlights I want to share are:
* Building your customer avatar – Some of the best information I have read on building my avatar. I literally used the information while in the chapter to create her. This information is critical since you can use it when you decide where to spend your advertising dollars. In addition, your material will be better and more personal when you know who you are communicating with.
* Using analytics to determine customer acquisition costs – This is a section that I think many of us forget to do. It is critical when starting a new venture to be cost conscious. Understanding who your customer is and where they are, can help with decreasing your cost to convert them to customers.
* Spying on the competition- Really a fancy way to research your competition to see what works well for them and what you can do better. You can also find your audience through theirs.
* Defining your Unique Selling Position (USP)- Wendy shares tips on how to determine your USP.
* Give things away for free to engage the Rule of Reciprocity- interesting discussion on the psychological side of reciprocity.
I recommend the book especially if you are new to this type of promotion. Wendy shares a wide range of days so I am confident that some of the would work for almost every idea/product/service.
I received this book from Netgalley. I was not required to write a positive review.
You can see my full review at More Than a Review dot com where I rate the level of sex, violence, language and drug/alcohol use in books.
Buy this Book on