Slow Echoes

Pub Date 15 Jun 2017 | Archive Date 28 Feb 2017

Selk Baioumi is Croatian. She's also Egyptian. And American. Despite her vast heritage, the only family she has known is her mom and late grandfather. Other than that, the closest relationship she has is with her boxing/kickboxing instructor, Cliff. And she's perfectly happy with her life, until two new men show up in her cozy hometown of Snow Hill, Maryland. The first, Whistler, an ill—reputed boxer with a paranormal secret. The second, Zahid, the Egyptian father who'd left her mother the day after Selk was born.

Zahid's return brings the truth about Selk's ancestry and promises of death for many, including Whistler, the not—so—bad boy who's stolen her heart with his dry smile and effortless empathy. In order to obliterate those promises, Selk and Whistler must enter and survive an alternate Egypt where crocodiles swim in venom, stainedglass labyrinths come to life and mummies can slow your every move, even speech? if overprotective Cliff doesn't kill Whistler first.

Marketing Plan

Distributed by Fitzhenry & Whiteside Limited.

Distributed by Fitzhenry & Whiteside Limited.

ISBN 9781988281247

Send To Kindle (PDF)

Slow Echoes begins with main character Selk interviewing a boxer after a fight. Initially I was unsure about Slow Echoes, but the more I read the more I was drawn in. There seems to be a trend at the moment for books involving Gods and myths such as Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson series (Greek), The Kane Chronicles (Egypt) and Magnus Chase (Norse). There is also a very good series involving Indian and Hindu Gods by Sarwat Chadda. Slow Echoes is a perfect book to read after reading Riordan's Kane Chronicles, as it's in the same vein with Egyptian Gods and Goddesses but is far more mature than The Kane Chronicles. I would definitely recommend Slow Echoes as a follow on to the above, for those who want a more mature and in-depth read. Slow Echoes was very well written, and despite my initial reservations I found myself whizzing through the book, enjoying both the plot and the characters. I would definitely read any sequels.